- The report contains detailed information about Nestor Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Nestor Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Nestor Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Nestor Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Nestor Inc. business.
About Nestor Inc.
Nestor, Inc. provides automated traffic enforcement systems and services to state and local governments in the United States and Canada.
The company provides both a video-based automated red light enforcement system and a multi-lane, bi-directional scanning light detection and ranging, or LiDAR, speed enforcement system. The company also offers a developed ViDAR (Video Detection and Ranging) speed detection and imaging system as a complement to its other products.
Products and Services
The company's products combine digital and analog camera technologies with image processing methods to detect and record traffic-related violations. It complements these roadside products with a suite of back-office processing support services, providing its customers with a complete turnkey solution. The company's roadside systems are a combination of Nestor- and/or Vitronic-developed modular hardware components and software that provide monitoring for traffic-data collection, vehicle detection and tracking and enforcement. These roadside systems include: CrossingGuard for red light enforcement, Poliscanspeed and ViDAR for mobile speed or fixed speed enforcement.
The company provides back-office processing and support services across its roadside systems using a proprietary software solution called Citation Composer. These processing and support services include obtaining data from the roadside systems, reviewing the data, preparing the citations and evidence packages and tracking final resolution of the citations.
CrossingGuard Red Light Enforcement
CrossingGuard: The company's CrossingGuard system is an automated, video-based monitoring system that records the occurrence of a red light violation. The system applies image processing and target-tracking technology to real-time video scenes. The products use digital video and still cameras, computers and software to detect red light violators at signalized intersections.
The CrossingGuard system includes patented collision avoidance technology that anticipates violations and generates a signal that can extend the red light phase for cross traffic. This helps prevent collisions between red light violators and vehicles on the cross streets. Through a system of multiple video cameras set up to monitor and capture violators on a per approach basis, the system simultaneously records the violation sequence, including a view of the vehicle from the front approaching the intersection, a view of the vehicle from the rear entering the intersection, and a close-up of the vehicle and license plate, and transmits video evidence electronically to the police department, which reviews the violation and issues a citation.
The CrossingGuard system consists of a video camera installed on top of a traffic signal pole or a roadside pole installed by it that is used to track and record the actions of an approaching vehicle. Another camera is positioned to view the signal lights as they change from green to yellow to red and record the vehicles actions as the lights change and it enters the intersection, capturing approximately 200 images of each violation.
CrossingGuard VIP: The company also provides the CrossingGuard Video Intersection Profiling program, a tool that it has developed to help municipalities pre-qualify intersections. Because intersection violation rates can range from an average of a few per day to approximately 50 per hour, the system helps the municipality develop an estimate of safety issues at a given intersection and the long-term ticket volume by counting and profiling violations for all directions at a particular intersection.
Poliscan Speed: Poliscanspeed is a solution for digital speed detection and recording, is the only multi-lane, bi-directional, scanning LiDAR (light detection and ranging) mobile speed enforcement system in the industry. Unlike traditional photo speed enforcement systems, which use radar or conventional LiDAR, Poliscanspeed utilizes scanning LiDAR technology to simultaneously record and measure various vehicles in parallel lanes, with 100 laser beams per second sweeping a 45 degree arc, creating a real-time 3-
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NESTOR INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NESTOR INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NESTOR INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NESTOR INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NESTOR INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Nestor Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Nestor Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Nestor Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Nestor Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Nestor Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NESTOR INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NESTOR INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NESTOR INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NESTOR INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NESTOR INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NESTOR INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Nestor Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Nestor Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Nestor Inc. Major Shareholders
Nestor Inc. History
Nestor Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Nestor Inc. Offices and Representations
Nestor Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Nestor Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Nestor Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Nestor Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Nestor Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Nestor Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Nestor Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Nestor Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Nestor Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Nestor Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Nestor Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Nestor Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?