- The report contains detailed information about Avnet Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Avnet Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Avnet Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Avnet Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Avnet Inc. business.
About Avnet Inc.
Avnet, Inc. distributes electronic components, enterprise computer and storage products and embedded subsystems. The company also provides engineering design, materials management and logistics services, system integration and configuration, and supply chain services.
The company operates in two segments, Electronics Marketing and Technology Solutions.
Electronics Marketing (EM)
The Electronics Marketing Segment markets and sells semiconductors and interconnect, passive and electromechanical devices (IP&E), and embedded products for component manufacturers. EM markets and sells its products and services to a diverse customer base serving end-markets, including automotive, communications, computer hardware and peripheral, industrial and manufacturing, medical equipment, military, and aerospace. EM also offers a range of value-added services that help customers evaluate, design-in and procure electronic components throughout the lifecycle of their technology products and systems. By working with EM from the design phase through new product introduction and throughout the product lifecycle, customers and suppliers can accelerate their time to market and realize efficiencies in both the design and manufacturing process.
EM Design Chain Services: EM Design Chain Services offers engineers a host of technical design solutions in support of the sales process of products and technologies. With access to a suite of design tools and engineering services from any point in the design cycle, customers can get product specifications along with evaluation kits and reference designs that enable a range of applications from concept through detailed design, including new product introduction. EM also offers engineering and technical resources deployed globally to support product design, bill of materials development, design services and technical education and training.
EM Supply Chain Services: EM Supply Chain Services provides solutions focused on original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), electronic manufacturing services (EMS) providers and electronic component manufacturers, enabling them to optimize supply chains on a local, regional or global basis.
Technology Solutions (TS)
This segment markets and sells mid- to high-end servers, data storage, software, and the services required to implement these products and solutions to the VAR channel. TS also focuses on the worldwide OEM market for computing technology, system integrators, and non-PC OEMs that require embedded systems and solutions, including engineering, product prototyping, integration, and other value-added services.
TS divisions fall within two primary product solutions groups, including enterprise solutions and embedded solutions.
Enterprise Solutions: With value-added resellers (VARs) as their customers, these businesses focus on the global value-added distribution of enterprise computing systems, software, storage, services and solutions from the foremost technology manufacturers.
Embedded Solutions: These businesses provide technical design, integration and assembly to developers of application-specific computing solutions in the non-PC market, including OEMs targeting the medical, telecommunications, industrial and digital editing markets. They also provide the latest hard disk drives, microprocessor, motherboard and DRAM module technologies to manufacturers of general-purpose computers and system builders.
The company has operation in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Australia, and New Zealand.
In July 2010, the company acquired Bell Microproducts Inc., a value-added distributor of storage and computing technology providing integration and support services to OEMs, VARs, system builders, and end users in the U.S., Canada, Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA), and Latin America.
As of July 3, 2010, the company acquired Tallard, a value-added distributor of IT solutions in Latin America.
The company's major supplier is IBM.
The companys major competitors include Arrow Electronics, Inc., Future Electronics, and World Peace Group.
Avnet, Inc. was founded in 1955.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AVNET INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AVNET INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AVNET INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AVNET INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AVNET INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Avnet Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Avnet Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Avnet Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Avnet Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Avnet Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. AVNET INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AVNET INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AVNET INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AVNET INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AVNET INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AVNET INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Avnet Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Avnet Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Avnet Inc. Major Shareholders
Avnet Inc. History
Avnet Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Avnet Inc. Offices and Representations
Avnet Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Avnet Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Avnet Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Avnet Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Avnet Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Avnet Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Avnet Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Avnet Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Avnet Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Avnet Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Avnet Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Avnet Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?