- The report contains detailed information about L-1 Identity Solutions Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for L-1 Identity Solutions Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The L-1 Identity Solutions Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes L-1 Identity Solutions Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of L-1 Identity Solutions Inc. business.
About L-1 Identity Solutions Inc.
L-1 Identity Solutions, Inc. provides technology, products, systems and solutions, and services that protect and secure personal identities and assets. Through its divisions, the company delivers a range of offerings required for solving complex problems associated with managing identity.
The company operates in two segments: Solutions and Services.
The Solutions segment consists of the Secure Credentialing and Biometrics / Enterprise Access Divisions. Solutions from these divisions are marketed to Federal agencies, State, and Local government agencies (including law enforcement and department of corrections), foreign governments, and commercial entities (such as financial and health care institutions and casinos). This segment offers various products and related services, which comprise hardware, components, consumables, and software, as well as maintenance, consulting, and training services.
The Services segment includes the Enrollment Services Division and Government Consulting Services Group.
Enrollment Services perform fingerprinting and process background checks for civilians at centers across the U.S. and Canada. Government Consulting Services includes the businesses of Advanced Concepts (Information Technology Solutions), McClendon (Engineering & Analytical Solutions), and SpecTal (Intelligence Services). Government Consulting Services offer consulting, program management, information analysis, training, security, technology development, and information technology solutions to the U.S. intelligence community.
SECURE CREDENTIALING SOLUTIONS
The Secure Credentialing division provides solutions that protect and secure identities and assets by helping customers produce the most secure credentials possible. The division builds and maintains a process for ID production starting with identity proofing, vetting, and enrollment; incorporating biometric-based recognition and identity database management; card design and production; and inspection and authentication.
BIOMETRIC / ENTERPRISE ACCESS SOLUTIONS
The Biometric Division of L-1 provides solutions that protect and secure personal identities and assets by providing technologies that capture, store, manage and distribute biometric data for positive, rapid ID, and tracking of persons of interest as part of large-scale identity management programs. Customers include State, Local, Federal and international government agencies and ministries, and commercial businesses. The solutions are part of civilian and criminal identification management programs in border management, credentialing, law enforcement, and military applications.
Solutions and products include multi-modal automated biometric identification and matching systems (ABIS), finger and palm print scanners, integrated multi-biometric (finger, face, and iris) devices, including HIIDE and PIER automated facial recognition systems both static (digital photo or mug shot) and dynamic (video) and automated iris recognition systems (AIRS). The company also manufactures multi-biometric-based readers used to secure buildings and restricted areas, available though approximately 400 partners worldwide.
The Enrollment Services division provides services that protect and secure identities and assets by performing fingerprinting and processing background checks for civilians at centers across the U.S. and Canada.
GOVERNMENT CONSULTING SERVICES
The Government Consulting Services Group provides services that protect and secure personal identities and assets by providing specialized solutions and services that address critical concerns in national security and intelligence. The group includes the businesses of Advanced Concepts (Information Technology), McClendon (Engineering & Analytical), and SpecTal (Intelligence Services).
Advanced Concepts (Information Technology (IT))
Advanced Concepts delivers IT solutions and services that help customers assure information superiority over any enemy, help make critical information systems and infrastructure secure and ensure that Federal sector processes and transactions move at maximum speed. Advanced Concepts core competencies include IT infrastructure engineering; systems engineering and integration; software development; and information assurance.
McClendon (Engineering and Analytical)
McClendon delivers engineering and analytical services to the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community. McClendons core competencies include systems engineering and integration; GEOINT and MASINT science; intelligence analysis and operations; SETA, PMO and acquisition; and IT and software development.
SpecTal (Intelligence Services)
SpecTal provides government and corporate clients with specialized security and intelligence consulting. SpecTal offers clients a range of experience and expertise. SpecTals core competencies include intelligence analysis and operations; IT and physical security; and linguists.
The company offers its solutions and services to markets in North and South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Russia, India, and the Asia Pacific.
The company's customers include most Federal agencies and branches of the U.S. military; approximately 29 international governments; State and Local Public Safety Organizations across the U.S., including Department of Motor Vehicles and law enforcement agencies; systems integrators; and commercial enterprises, including those in gaming, finance, and healthcare.
L-1 Identity Solutions, Inc. was founded in 1992.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. L-1 IDENTITY SOLUTIONS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. L-1 IDENTITY SOLUTIONS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. L-1 IDENTITY SOLUTIONS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. L-1 IDENTITY SOLUTIONS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. L-1 IDENTITY SOLUTIONS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. L-1 Identity Solutions Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of L-1 Identity Solutions Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of L-1 Identity Solutions Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. L-1 Identity Solutions Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. L-1 Identity Solutions Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. L-1 IDENTITY SOLUTIONS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. L-1 IDENTITY SOLUTIONS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. L-1 IDENTITY SOLUTIONS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. L-1 IDENTITY SOLUTIONS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. L-1 IDENTITY SOLUTIONS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. L-1 IDENTITY SOLUTIONS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
L-1 Identity Solutions Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
L-1 Identity Solutions Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
L-1 Identity Solutions Inc. Major Shareholders
L-1 Identity Solutions Inc. History
L-1 Identity Solutions Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
L-1 Identity Solutions Inc. Offices and Representations
L-1 Identity Solutions Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
L-1 Identity Solutions Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
L-1 Identity Solutions Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
L-1 Identity Solutions Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
L-1 Identity Solutions Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
L-1 Identity Solutions Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
L-1 Identity Solutions Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
L-1 Identity Solutions Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
L-1 Identity Solutions Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
L-1 Identity Solutions Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
L-1 Identity Solutions Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
L-1 Identity Solutions Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?