- The report contains detailed information about Harmonic Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Harmonic Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Harmonic Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Harmonic Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Harmonic Inc. business.
About Harmonic Inc.
Harmonic Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of video infrastructure products and system solutions. The company provides video processing solutions to telecommunications companies, or telcos, broadcasters and on-line media companies that offer video services.
The companys products fall into two principal categories: video processing solutions and edge and access products. The company also provides technical support services to customers worldwide. Its video processing solutions, which include network management software and application software products, provide broadband operators with the ability to acquire a variety of signals from different sources and in different protocols in order to deliver a variety of real-time and stored content to their subscribers. Its customers also use these products to organize, manage and distribute content in ways that maximizes use of the available bandwidth. Its edge products enable cable operators to deliver customized broadcast or narrowcast on-demand and data services to their subscribers. Access products, which consist mainly of optical transmission products, node platforms and return path products, allow cable operators to deliver video, data and voice services over their distribution networks.
Video Processing Products
Broadcast encoders: The company offers Electra and Ion high performance encoders, which compress video, audio and data channels to low bit rates. Its encoders are available in the formats in both MPEG-2 and the newer MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, or MPEG-4, video compression standards. The Electra 8000 encoder supports all of these formats on the same hardware platform.
Contribution and distribution encoders: Ellipse encoders provide broadcasters with video compression solutions for on-the-spot news gathering, live sports coverage and other remote events. These products enable customers to deliver these feeds to their studios for further processing. Broadcasters and other operators, such as teleports, also use these encoders for delivery of their programming to their customers, typically cable, telco and DBS operators.
Stream processing and statistical multiplexing solutions: ProStream platform and other stream processing products offer customers a variety of capabilities which enable them to manage and organize digital streams in a format suited to their particular delivery requirements and subscriber offerings. Multi-function ProStream 1000 addresses multiplexing, encryption, ad insertion and other advanced processing requirements of MPEG video streams and can be integrated with DiviTrackIP statistical multiplexer which enhances the bandwidth efficiency of encoders by allowing bandwidth to be dynamically allocated according to the complexity of the video content.
Content management for multi-screen applications: MediaPrism solution provides operators with a suite of integrated content preparation tools to create on-demand content for a variety of applications. MediaPrism incorporates Harmonic hardware and software elements, including CLEARCut storage encoding, CarbonCoder software-based transcoding solutions that facilitate the creation of multi-format video for Internet, mobile and broadcast applications, and ProStream 4000 multi-screen real-time transcoder. ProStream 8000 solution allows operators to present on-screen mosaics with several channels tiled within a single video stream. Armada and Streamliner products enable the intelligent management of an operators video-on-demand assets and the distribution of these assets to subscribers.
Decoders and descramblers: The company provides ProView integrated receivers-decoders to allow service providers to acquire content delivered from satellite and terrestrial broadcasters for distribution to their subscribers. These products are available in both standard and high definition formats. The ProStream 1000 can also be used as a bulk descrambler to enable operators to deliver up to 128 channels of video and descramble the content at small or remote headends.
Management and control software: NMX Digital Service Manager gives service providers the ability to control and visually m
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HARMONIC INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HARMONIC INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HARMONIC INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HARMONIC INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HARMONIC INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Harmonic Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Harmonic Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Harmonic Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Harmonic Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Harmonic Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. HARMONIC INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HARMONIC INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HARMONIC INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HARMONIC INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HARMONIC INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HARMONIC INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Harmonic Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Harmonic Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Harmonic Inc. Major Shareholders
Harmonic Inc. History
Harmonic Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Harmonic Inc. Offices and Representations
Harmonic Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Harmonic Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Harmonic Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Harmonic Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Harmonic Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Harmonic Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Harmonic Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Harmonic Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Harmonic Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Harmonic Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Harmonic Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Harmonic Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?