- The report contains detailed information about SupportSave Solutions, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for SupportSave Solutions, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The SupportSave Solutions, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes SupportSave Solutions, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of SupportSave Solutions, Inc. business.
About SupportSave Solutions, Inc.
SupportSave Solutions, Inc. provides offshore business process outsourcing (BPO) services primarily to the United States based clients from its facilities in the Philippines. The company's BPO services involve contracting with an external organization to take primary responsibility for providing a business process or function, such as customer management, transcription and captioning, processing services, human resources, procurement, logistics support, finance and accounting, engineering, facilities management, information technology, and training.
The company provides its customer care services and solutions to small and mid-sized companies in the healthcare, communication, business services, financial services, publishing, and travel and entertainment industries.
Customer Management Services
The company offers a range of customer management services to its clients. It has developed a consulting services group allocated to designing and customizing services for each client. It partners with each client to design, deploy, and maintain integrated services between its technology infrastructure and its clients systems. The company addresses its clients service strategies; anticipated volume and service levels; reporting and analytical requirements; networking and security; back-end system integration; and training and staffing needs.
The company provides various types of customer management services through multiple integrated communications channels.
Customer service: The companys customer service support services is initiated by inbound calls and e-mail from its clients customers and addresses a range of questions regarding their account billing, changes in services, reservation changes, delivery updates on goods or services, complaint and issue resolution, and general product or service inquiries.
Inbound sales: The company handles inbound calls from customers purchasing products and services from its clients, including travel reservations, telecommunications services, Internet services, and consumer products and services.
Technical support: The companys technical support services include handling troubleshooting calls, responding to software and hardware problems, providing support for Internet service problems, managing corporate help desks, and providing warranty or post-warranty support.
Direct response sales services: The companys direct response services are designed to involve handling inbound telephone orders or inquiries for clients in the direct marketing industry, including those calls received in response to print advertisements, infomercials and other electronic media. Its staff answers questions and processes orders for the purchase of its clients products or services and identifies opportunities to sell other products and services.
Accounts Receivable Management Services: The company provides services to collect consumer receivables in the financial services, telecommunications, and utilities industries. It manages receivables that have already been written off by the creditor and also manage receivables that are past due but have not yet been written off by its clients.
The companys reporting and analytical system plays a key role in the customer management services it provides. Its system captures and analyzes data received through multiple communications channels and generates client-specific interaction reports on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis. These reports are accessible to its clients through its Web-based and secure reporting portal that offers its clients access to data generated through customer management interactions and allows them to analyze the customer interaction database, which includes all e-mail and live Web chat transcripts for feedback on the types of questions raised by customers. The system also provides historical trend information to help clients monitor the volume and effectiveness of its interactions with their customers, including revenue generation.
Other BPO Services
The company also provides a range of additional BPO services, including credit application processing, mortgage processing, title searches, and data verification, which consists of verifying an individual's credit, employment, identity or other borrower information. Additionally, the company conducts product and fraud detection; manages refunds, warranties, and applications; and conduct preparations for serving legal papers. These services are also offered during the Philippine daytime (U.S. nighttime).
The companys privately held competitors include eTelecare International, ClientLogic, Qualfone, and Innodata.
Supportsave Solutions, Inc. was incorporated in 2007.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SUPPORTSAVE SOLUTIONS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SUPPORTSAVE SOLUTIONS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SUPPORTSAVE SOLUTIONS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SUPPORTSAVE SOLUTIONS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SUPPORTSAVE SOLUTIONS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. SupportSave Solutions, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of SupportSave Solutions, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of SupportSave Solutions, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. SupportSave Solutions, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. SupportSave Solutions, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SUPPORTSAVE SOLUTIONS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SUPPORTSAVE SOLUTIONS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SUPPORTSAVE SOLUTIONS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SUPPORTSAVE SOLUTIONS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SUPPORTSAVE SOLUTIONS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SUPPORTSAVE SOLUTIONS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
SupportSave Solutions, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
SupportSave Solutions, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
SupportSave Solutions, Inc. Major Shareholders
SupportSave Solutions, Inc. History
SupportSave Solutions, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
SupportSave Solutions, Inc. Offices and Representations
SupportSave Solutions, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
SupportSave Solutions, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
SupportSave Solutions, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
SupportSave Solutions, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
SupportSave Solutions, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
SupportSave Solutions, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
SupportSave Solutions, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
SupportSave Solutions, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
SupportSave Solutions, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
SupportSave Solutions, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
SupportSave Solutions, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
SupportSave Solutions, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?