- The report contains detailed information about Intermec, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Intermec, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Intermec, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Intermec, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Intermec, Inc. business.
About Intermec, Inc.
Intermec, Inc. engages in the design, development, integration, sale, resale, and servicing of wired and wireless automated identification and data collection (AIDC) products and provides related services.
The companys products include mobile computing products, bar code scanners, wired and wireless bar code printers and label media products, and radio frequency identification (RFID) products. It sells products worldwide for field mobility applications, including asset management, direct store delivery, maintenance and repair, in-transit visibility, and routing and navigation, as well as for in-premise applications, including asset management, freight yard operations, inventory management, warehouse operations, and work-in-process management.
The companys mobile computers allow a customers employees to automatically and wirelessly collect and send data to remote computers, and to automatically and wirelessly receive data from those remote computers. These products can be used to collect and analyze data and to transmit the data to enterprise resource planning systems, warehouse management systems, order fulfillment, transportation and logistics systems, and other business intelligence applications.
The companys mobile computer product line includes handheld computers and vehicle-mounted computers (principally on forklifts) that facilitate local-area and wide-area voice and data communications. These mobile products typically contain multiple wireless technologies, such as wide-area GPRS and CDMA, local-area 802.11 and Bluetooth. The companys mobile computer portfolio also includes devices with barcode scanning, GPS or RFID capabilities.
The companys mobile computers use Microsoft Windows, Windows CE and Windows Mobile, and Windows XP operating systems, as well as scanning and Internet Protocol-based data communication capabilities. They range from handheld batch and wireless data collection devices to computers with on-board computing, data storage, and network capabilities.
Bar Code Scanners
The companys bar code scanning portfolio includes fixed, handheld and forklift-mounted laser scanners and linear and area imagers. These products are able to collect, to decode bar codes, and to transmit the resulting data to standard enterprise resource planning systems, warehouse management systems, order fulfillment, transportation and logistics systems, and other business intelligence applications.
Printers and Label Media
The company sells fixed, desktop, and portable barcode and RFID printers ranging from light-duty models to heavy-duty models. Its specialty printers provide custom capabilities, including color printing, a global language enabler and high resolution printing that produces sharp typefaces and precise graphics even on small labels, such as those used by the electronics industry. Its label media products include pressure-sensitive bar code labels and thermal transfer ribbons. The company also designs and manufactures specialized labels to meet customer requirements for extreme environments, such as clean rooms, chemical baths, and high humidity.
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Products
RFID systems are wireless systems for the collection, storage, and transmission of data. RFID systems can be used to wirelessly collect and transmit more information than barcode systems and they do not require line-of-sight as barcode systems do. Customers use RFID technology to track pallets, cartons, containers, and individual goods and assets. These systems typically consist of RFID readers and RFID tags. RFID tags, which consist of a computer chip and antenna encased in a protective covering, are programmed by users with product or asset information, such as name, serial number, and manufacturer. Certain RFID tags contain read/write memory to allow updates and tag reuse.
The company sells fixed, handheld, and forklift-mounted RFID readers, high value rigid RFID tags, and high value inserts for RFID tags. Its RFID product line is focused on passive UHF technology and consists of RFID tags, readers, printers, software, and related equipment. The compa
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. INTERMEC, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. INTERMEC, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. INTERMEC, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. INTERMEC, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. INTERMEC, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Intermec, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Intermec, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Intermec, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Intermec, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Intermec, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. INTERMEC, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. INTERMEC, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. INTERMEC, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. INTERMEC, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. INTERMEC, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. INTERMEC, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Intermec, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Intermec, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Intermec, Inc. Major Shareholders
Intermec, Inc. History
Intermec, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Intermec, Inc. Offices and Representations
Intermec, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Intermec, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Intermec, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Intermec, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Intermec, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Intermec, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Intermec, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Intermec, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Intermec, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Intermec, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Intermec, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Intermec, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?