- The report contains detailed information about Harman International Industries Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Harman International Industries Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Harman International Industries Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Harman International Industries Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Harman International Industries Inc. business.
About Harman International Industries Inc.
Harman International Industries, Incorporated engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of audio products and electronic systems.
The company operates in four segments: Automotive, Consumer, Professional, and Other.
The Automotive Segment designs, manufactures, and markets audio, electronic, and infotainment systems for vehicle applications to be installed primarily as original equipment by automotive manufacturers. The companys automotive products are marketed worldwide under brand names, including JBL, Infinity, Mark Levinson, Harman/Kardon, Logic 7, Lexicon, and Becker. It also has an alliance with Bowers & Wilkins to develop, manufacture, sell or service premium audio systems under the Bowers & Wilkins brand name. Global automotive customers for its audio and infotainment systems include Audi/Volkswagen, BMW, Daimler, Chrysler, Toyota/Lexus, Hyundai, Porsche, Land Rover, PSA Peugeot Citroen, and Jaguar. The company also produces a Harman/Kardon branded infotainment system for Harley-Davidson touring motorcycles. Its branded audio systems are sold independently or in conjunction with its infotainment systems. This segment also markets personal navigation devices that are primarily sold in Europe.
The Consumer Segment designs, manufactures, and markets a range of mid- to high-end audio and consumer electronics for home, multimedia, and mobile applications. Its consumer products feature various audio brands, including AKG, Harman/Kardon, Infinity, JBL, and Mark Levinson. Home applications include home audio and theater systems, as well as distributed systems that provide multi-zone audio and video. The companys branded audio products for multimedia applications are primarily designed to improve sound for Apples iPods and iPhones, and other MP3 players. Additionally, the company provides a line of audio systems for personal computers. Aftermarket mobile products include speakers that deliver in-car audio. The companys consumer products are sold in specialty audio stores, mass-market retail stores, such as the Apple stores, Best Buy, Target, Media Markt, and Fnac; and through online retailers, such as Amazon.com.
The Professional Segment designs, manufactures, and markets a range of loudspeakers, power amplifiers, digital signal processors, microphones, headphones, and mixing consoles used by audio professionals in concert halls, stadiums, airports, houses of worship, and other public spaces. It designs products for recording, broadcast, cinema, and music reproduction applications. The company also provides products to the sound reinforcement, music instrument support, and broadcast and recording segments of the professional audio market.
The company also offers systems solutions for professional installations and users worldwide. Its products can be linked by its HiQnet network protocol providing a central digital network for audio professionals to control different aspects of a complex system.
The Other Segment includes the operations of its QNX business, which offers real-time operating system software, middleware, development tools, and consulting services. The markets served by its QNX business include automotive, industrial control and automation, energy, medical, networking and telecommunications, and security and defense. Various technology companies have embraced QNX solutions in such products as the Intel Atom processor, Adobe Flash, and Apples iPod. QNX products include the QNX Neutrino RTOS operating system and the QNX Aviage suite of middleware. Additionally, its QNX technologies can be found in a spectrum of products, such as medical devices, the NASA Space Arm, optical telecommunications networks, and in various defense applications, including control, sensor, and communications systems.
The company develops and manufactures digitally-integrated infotainment systems and premium branded audio systems for automobiles. The companys infotainment systems are a combination of information and entertainment components that may include or control GPS navigation, traffic information, v
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HARMAN INTERNATIONAL INDUSTRIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HARMAN INTERNATIONAL INDUSTRIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HARMAN INTERNATIONAL INDUSTRIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HARMAN INTERNATIONAL INDUSTRIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HARMAN INTERNATIONAL INDUSTRIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Harman International Industries Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Harman International Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Harman International Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Harman International Industries Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Harman International Industries Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. HARMAN INTERNATIONAL INDUSTRIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HARMAN INTERNATIONAL INDUSTRIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HARMAN INTERNATIONAL INDUSTRIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HARMAN INTERNATIONAL INDUSTRIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HARMAN INTERNATIONAL INDUSTRIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HARMAN INTERNATIONAL INDUSTRIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Harman International Industries Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Harman International Industries Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Harman International Industries Inc. Major Shareholders
Harman International Industries Inc. History
Harman International Industries Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Harman International Industries Inc. Offices and Representations
Harman International Industries Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Harman International Industries Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Harman International Industries Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Harman International Industries Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Harman International Industries Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Harman International Industries Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Harman International Industries Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Harman International Industries Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Harman International Industries Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Harman International Industries Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Harman International Industries Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Harman International Industries Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?