- The report contains detailed information about Chromatics Color Sciences International Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Chromatics Color Sciences International Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Chromatics Color Sciences International Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Chromatics Color Sciences International Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Chromatics Color Sciences International Inc. business.
About Chromatics Color Sciences International Inc.
Chromatics Color Sciences International, Inc. (the Company) was formed in 1984, to research, develop and commercialize certain intellectual property rights, proprietary technology and instrumentation in the field of color science (collectively, the Intellectual Properties). The Intellectual Properties provide color measurement to a laboratory standard of accuracy, analysis and classification of human skin, tissue, fluid, hair, teeth or biological subject which facilitates the detection and monitoring of conditions affecting their coloration and the classification and organization by color of various consumer- sensitive products such as cosmetics, tooth enamel, hair color, hosiery, clothing fashion accessories and textiles. The Company has incorporated certain of the Intellectual Properties into a proprietary color measurement system and software marketed for various commercial applications as the "ColorMate® System."
The Company has developed a ColorMate® device to measure the incremental change of the yellow content of the skin color in newborns to monitor newborn bilirubinemia (infant jaundice) (defined as bilirubin levels or infant jaundice in a range above that which would be considered average in a newborn). In September 2001, the Company received further clearances from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for upgrades to the ColorMate® TLc-BiliTest® System.
Prior to marketing the ColorMate® TLc-BiliTest® System, the Company's activities principally involved licensing the Intellectual Properties, leasing the ColorMate® System and marketing its own line of precisely color coordinated proprietary cosmetics, and proprietary color charts and material swatch packs in the cosmetics, hair color, beauty aid and fashion industries: in a national sales program with Avon Products, Inc.; and in limited test markets, with Clairol, Inc. and Hanes Hosiery, Inc.; under a product development agreement with Gordon Laboratories, Inc. (Gordon), and under a license and lease agreement with Nordstrom, Inc., (Nordstrom).
The Company has developed the ColorMate® TLc-BiliTest® System for monitoring newborn infant jaundice in infants of all races, including when under phototherapy. This device uses a color measurement instrument in combination with certain apertures, calibration systems, accessories and software, which have been developed by the Company for this specific medical application. The ColorMate® TLc-BiliTest® System received FDA clearance for use in monitoring newborn infant jaundice by measuring the color of the skin of the newborn and periodically monitoring incremental changes in the skin color. The ColorMate® TLc-BiliTest® System is a proprietary color measurement system containing a light source and optical filters. Color measurements are obtained from an infant by placing the ColorMate® TLc-BiliTest® System on different physical sites of the newborn for five to ten seconds. Accuracy of the color measurements is ensured by the TLc-Lensette, proprietary disposable color-calibration and verification standards consisting of a device containing a dye deposit specially colored and treated paper, which is used prior to each baby's measurement.
The Companys major competitors are Minolta Co., Ltd. (Minolta), Air Shields, Respironics, Inc. (Respironics), which acquired Healthdyne Technologies, Inc. (Healthdyne), and SpectRx, Inc. (SpectRx), among others.
The Company has engaged in efforts to commercialize its Intellectual Properties for beauty-related applications. The ColorMate® System consists of a color measurement instrument to be held against a subject's skin, hair, teeth or sample, a series of filters and a computer and related proprietary software all housed in a portable briefcase.
My Colors by Chromatics® Cosmetics Line: The Company's cosmetics line (My Colors by Chromatics®) divides the product shades into four color classifications. The product shades recommended by the ColorMate® System are individually prescribed for color coordination with each of the approximately 200 skin color categories.
Other Potential Products and Applications
The Company has conducted research and development and developed engineering specifications for a mass manufacturing prototype regarding a hand-held light- emitting diode version of the ColorMate® System (the LED Device). This version may be marketed for medical use after collecting further clinical testing data and is subject to FDA approval or clearance (the Bilirubin LED Device). For non-medical applications, the LED Device may be marketed in various industries including the dental, beauty aid and fashion industries and also may be marketed directly to consumers for home and personal use.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CHROMATICS COLOR SCIENCES INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CHROMATICS COLOR SCIENCES INTERNATIONAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CHROMATICS COLOR SCIENCES INTERNATIONAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CHROMATICS COLOR SCIENCES INTERNATIONAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CHROMATICS COLOR SCIENCES INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Chromatics Color Sciences International Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Chromatics Color Sciences International Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Chromatics Color Sciences International Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Chromatics Color Sciences International Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Chromatics Color Sciences International Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CHROMATICS COLOR SCIENCES INTERNATIONAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CHROMATICS COLOR SCIENCES INTERNATIONAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CHROMATICS COLOR SCIENCES INTERNATIONAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CHROMATICS COLOR SCIENCES INTERNATIONAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CHROMATICS COLOR SCIENCES INTERNATIONAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CHROMATICS COLOR SCIENCES INTERNATIONAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Chromatics Color Sciences International Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Chromatics Color Sciences International Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Chromatics Color Sciences International Inc. Major Shareholders
Chromatics Color Sciences International Inc. History
Chromatics Color Sciences International Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Chromatics Color Sciences International Inc. Offices and Representations
Chromatics Color Sciences International Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Chromatics Color Sciences International Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Chromatics Color Sciences International Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Chromatics Color Sciences International Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Chromatics Color Sciences International Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Chromatics Color Sciences International Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Chromatics Color Sciences International Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Chromatics Color Sciences International Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Chromatics Color Sciences International Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Chromatics Color Sciences International Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Chromatics Color Sciences International Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Chromatics Color Sciences International Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?