- The report contains detailed information about Tollgrade Communications Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Tollgrade Communications Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Tollgrade Communications Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Tollgrade Communications Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Tollgrade Communications Inc. business.
About Tollgrade Communications Inc.
Tollgrade Communications, Inc. designs, engineers, markets, and supports test system and status monitoring hardware and software products for the telecommunications and cable industries in the United States and internationally.
The companys telecommunications proprietary test access products enable telecommunications service providers to remotely diagnose problems in Digital Subscriber Lines (DSL) and Plain Old Telephone Service (POTS) lines in Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN), broadband and Internet Protocol (IP) networks.
The companys primary product offerings include the DigiTest and LDU measurement hardware and LoopCare and 4TEL centralized test software. These products enable local exchange carriers to conduct a range of measurement and fault diagnosis for dispatch of field staff to maintain and repair POTS and/or DSL services, along with the ability to pre-qualify and provide broadband DSL services offerings. The company also sells and supports proprietary test access products, such as the MCU, which extends line test capabilities to remote sites that are connected by fiber from the central office.
In 2009, the company secured a managed services project with Ericsson, Inc. (Ericsson), a global network equipment provider, to provide customer support and engineering services. It also provides managed services capabilities as part of a number of its software maintenance contracts to its telecommunications customers.
Products and Services
Telecommunications Test and Measurement Products
The companys proprietary telecommunications test and measurement products, which include its Systems Test and MCU products, enable telephone companies to qualify and troubleshoot broadband DSL and IP services and remotely diagnose problems in POTS lines. Its systems can be used to qualify loops for DSL service, as well as ongoing maintenance and repair of the access lines. During 2009, the company introduced additional products to test and monitor voice over IP (VoIP), video over IP (IPTV), and mobile voice services through third party original equipment manufacturer (OEM) agreements.
The companys Systems Test Products are made up of a centralized test operating system integrated into the customers repair handling database systems, and test hardware located at telephone companies central and remote offices. These systems enable a range of fault diagnostics in the access network, the portion of the telephone network that connects end users to the central office or remote cabinet. In addition, line test systems provide the capability to remotely qualify, deploy and maintain DSL services which are carried over copper lines.
The companys MCU product line, which is used primarily by domestic carriers, solved this problem by extending line test capabilities from the central office to the fiber-fed remote Digital Loop Carrier (DLC) lines by mimicking a digital bypass pair, which is essentially a telephone circuit that connects central test and measurement devices to the copper circuits close to the customer.
Systems Test Products
The companys Systems Test Products include the DigiTest product family, which includes its LoopCare software and DigiTest ICE, DigiTest EDGE and DigiTest HUB hardware. Its Test Products perform physical and logical measurements to verify the connection performance of lines and circuits and reports those measurements to its LoopCare operating support systems (OSS). LoopCare analyzes measurement data. LoopCare can automatically dispatch a technician to a work center to fix the problem. LoopCare and the DigiTest hardware are also used to pre-qualify, verify installation, and remotely isolate troubles for various DSL services, including testing the logical layers to verify modem synchronization in to the DSLAM or out to the customer. The DigiTest product family can also serve as a replacement for aging Loop Test System (LTS) equipment deployed in domestic networks.
DigiTest ICE is targeted at testing Triple Play voice, video and data services over emerging fiber to the curb or cabinet broadband access networks. DigiTest ICE provides both metallic and multi-layered testing to
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TOLLGRADE COMMUNICATIONS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TOLLGRADE COMMUNICATIONS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TOLLGRADE COMMUNICATIONS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TOLLGRADE COMMUNICATIONS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TOLLGRADE COMMUNICATIONS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Tollgrade Communications Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Tollgrade Communications Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Tollgrade Communications Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Tollgrade Communications Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Tollgrade Communications Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. TOLLGRADE COMMUNICATIONS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TOLLGRADE COMMUNICATIONS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TOLLGRADE COMMUNICATIONS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TOLLGRADE COMMUNICATIONS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TOLLGRADE COMMUNICATIONS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TOLLGRADE COMMUNICATIONS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Tollgrade Communications Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Tollgrade Communications Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Tollgrade Communications Inc. Major Shareholders
Tollgrade Communications Inc. History
Tollgrade Communications Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Tollgrade Communications Inc. Offices and Representations
Tollgrade Communications Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Tollgrade Communications Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Tollgrade Communications Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Tollgrade Communications Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Tollgrade Communications Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Tollgrade Communications Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Tollgrade Communications Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Tollgrade Communications Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Tollgrade Communications Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Tollgrade Communications Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Tollgrade Communications Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Tollgrade Communications Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?