- The report contains detailed information about Quest Diagnostics Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Quest Diagnostics Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Quest Diagnostics Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Quest Diagnostics Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Quest Diagnostics Inc. business.
About Quest Diagnostics Inc.
Quest Diagnostics Incorporated provides diagnostic testing, information and services in the United States. The company provides insights that enable physicians and others to improve health services. It offers patients and physicians the access to diagnostic laboratory services through its nationwide network of laboratories and patient service centers. It provides interpretive consultation through the medical and scientific staff in the industry.
The company provides clinical testing, including gene-based and other esoteric testing, anatomic pathology services, including dermatopathology and testing for drugs-of-abuse, and provides risk assessment services for the life insurance industry. It also provides testing for clinical trials. Its diagnostics products business manufactures and markets diagnostic test kits and specialized point-of-care testing.
Clinical Testing: The company operates as a commercial clinical testing company in the U.S. It offers customers access to clinical and anatomic pathology tests. Clinical testing is an essential element in the delivery of healthcare services. Physicians use clinical tests to assist in the detection, diagnosis, evaluation, monitoring and treatment of diseases and other medical conditions. Clinical testing is generally categorized as clinical laboratory testing and anatomic pathology services. Clinical laboratory testing generally is performed on whole blood, serum, plasma and other body fluids, such as urine, and specimens, such as microbiology samples. Anatomic pathology services are performed on tissues, such as biopsies, and other samples, such as human cells. Clinical laboratory tests which can be performed by most clinical laboratories are considered routine.
Routine clinical testing: The company provides routine clinical testing, including testing for drugs-of-abuse. It performs routine testing through its network of major laboratories and response laboratories. It also performs routine testing at the hospital laboratories it manages.
Routine tests measure various bodily health parameters such as the functions of the kidney, heart, liver, thyroid and other organs. Commonly ordered tests include blood chemistries, including cholesterol levels; complete blood cell counts; urinalyses; pregnancy and other prenatal tests; routine microbiology testing; alcohol and other substance-abuse tests; and allergy tests such as the ImmunoCap test.
Cancer Diagnostics; Anatomic Pathology: The company provides cancer diagnostics, including anatomic pathology services, in the United States. Anatomic pathology involves the diagnosis of cancer and other diseases and medical conditions through examination of tissue and cell samples taken from patients. It provides cancer diagnostics testing, including inpatient anatomic pathology and medical director services at hospitals, throughout the country, including through its major laboratories.
The company provides a range of cancer diagnostic services to all anatomic pathology subspecialties. It has approximately 725 medical doctors, including luminaries in their field. It offers gene-based tests for the predisposition, diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of cancers. It provides integrated, comprehensive reports that include both anatomic pathology and clinical pathology tests, enabling its pathologists to offer patients and physicians a analysis.
The company offers the Leumeta family of tests for leukemia and lymphoma. These proprietary plasma-based molecular tests may some day eliminate the need for painful bone marrow biopsies. It offers the EGFR Pathway test for metastatic colorectal cancer patients and collaborated closely with Vermillion, Inc. on the development of its FDA-cleared OVA1 ovarian cancer test. It also offers the FDA-cleared HE4 biomarker test for monitoring women with ovarian cancer. The company offers FDA cleared tests for ovarian cancer in the pre- and post-surgical settings. It also provides cervical cancer screening testing for women age 25 to 60 participating in Irelands nationwide cytology-screening program.
Gene-Based and Other Esoteric Testing: The company provides gene-based and other es
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. QUEST DIAGNOSTICS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. QUEST DIAGNOSTICS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. QUEST DIAGNOSTICS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. QUEST DIAGNOSTICS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. QUEST DIAGNOSTICS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Quest Diagnostics Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Quest Diagnostics Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Quest Diagnostics Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Quest Diagnostics Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Quest Diagnostics Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. QUEST DIAGNOSTICS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. QUEST DIAGNOSTICS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. QUEST DIAGNOSTICS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. QUEST DIAGNOSTICS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. QUEST DIAGNOSTICS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. QUEST DIAGNOSTICS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Quest Diagnostics Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Quest Diagnostics Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Quest Diagnostics Inc. Major Shareholders
Quest Diagnostics Inc. History
Quest Diagnostics Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Quest Diagnostics Inc. Offices and Representations
Quest Diagnostics Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Quest Diagnostics Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Quest Diagnostics Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Quest Diagnostics Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
Quest Diagnostics Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Quest Diagnostics Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Quest Diagnostics Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Quest Diagnostics Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Quest Diagnostics Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Quest Diagnostics Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Quest Diagnostics Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Quest Diagnostics Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?