- The report contains detailed information about Nephros Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Nephros Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Nephros Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Nephros Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Nephros Inc. business.
About Nephros Inc.
Nephros, Inc. primarily engages in the development of hemodiafiltration (HDF) products and technologies for treating patients with end stage renal disease.
The company has three products in various stages of development in the HDF modality to deliver improved therapy to ESRD patients, including OLpur MDHDF filter series; OLpur H2H, its add-on module designed to allow the most common types of hemodialysis machines to be used for HDF therapy; and OLpur NS2000 system, its HDF machine and associated filter technology.
ESRD Therapy Products
OLpur MDHDF Filter Series
OLpur MD190 and MD220 constitute the company's dialyzer cartridge series that incorporates the patented MDF process and is designed for use with existing HDF platforms prevalent in its Target European Market and Japan. It has initiated clinical studies in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, and Spain to demonstrate the therapeutic benefits of its OLpur MDHDF filter series.
The company contracted with TÜV Rheinland of North America, Inc., a worldwide testing and certification agency that performs conformity assessments to European Union requirements for medical devices, to assist the company in obtaining the Conformite Europeene, or CE mark, a mark which demonstrates compliance with relevant European Union requirements. The company markets its OLpur MD190 in its target european market.
OLpur HD190 is the company's high-flux dialyzer cartridge, designed for use with either hemodialysis or hemodiafiltration machines. The OLpur HD190 incorporates the same materials as OLpur MD190, but lacks mid-dilution architecture.
OLpur H2H is the company's add-on module that converts the most common types of hemodialysis machinesthat is, those with volumetric ultrafiltration controlinto HDF-capable machines allowing them to use its OLpur MDHDF filter.
OLpur NS2000 is the company's HDF machine and associated filter technology, which is in the development stage. The OLpur NS2000 would use a basic HDF platform, which would incorporate its H2H technology including its proprietary substitution fluid systems. It also designed and developed proprietary substitution fluid filter cartridges for use with the OLpur NS2000.
Water Filtration Product
The company offers Dual Stage Ultrafilter (DSU), water filtration system The DSU incorporates dual stage filter architecture and allows the user to sight-verify that the filter is properly performing its cleansing function. The DSU is designed to remove a range of bacteria, viral agents and toxic substances, including salmonella, hepatitis, cholera, HIV, Ebola virus, ricin toxin, legionella, fungi and e-coli.
The company competes with Fresenius Medical Care AG; Gambro AB; Baxter International Inc.; Asahi Kasei Medical Co. Ltd.; Bellco S.p.A., a subsidiary of the Sorin group; B. Braun Melsungen AG; Nipro Corporation Ltd.; Nikkiso Co., Ltd.; Terumo Corporation; and Toray Medical Co., Ltd.
Nephros, Inc. was founded in 1997.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NEPHROS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NEPHROS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NEPHROS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NEPHROS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NEPHROS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Nephros Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Nephros Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Nephros Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Nephros Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Nephros Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NEPHROS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NEPHROS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NEPHROS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NEPHROS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NEPHROS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NEPHROS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Nephros Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Nephros Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Nephros Inc. Major Shareholders
Nephros Inc. History
Nephros Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Nephros Inc. Offices and Representations
Nephros Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Nephros Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Nephros Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Nephros Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Nephros Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Nephros Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Nephros Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Nephros Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Nephros Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Nephros Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Nephros Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Nephros Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?