- The report contains detailed information about SafeStitch Medical, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for SafeStitch Medical, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The SafeStitch Medical, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes SafeStitch Medical, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of SafeStitch Medical, Inc. business.
About SafeStitch Medical, Inc.
SafeStitch Medical, Inc., a development stage medical device company, focuses on the development of medical devices that manipulate tissues for obesity, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), hernia formation, esophageal obstructions, Barretts Esophagus, upper gastrointestinal bleeding, and other intraperitoneal abnormalities through endoscopic and minimally invasive surgery.
SMART Dilator has a handle that changes from green to yellow and then to red, providing the physician a visual indicator of how close he or she is to the recommended two pound limit. Additionally, the SMART Dilator handle locks in place when the force applied to the dilator exceeds 2.5 pounds of pressure. The company received FDA clearance to market the SMART Dilator as a Class II device in February 2009.
Standard Bite Block: The companys Standard Bite Block provides a level of protection as it is less easily expelled from the mouth. The Standard Bite Block is designed with a bigger lip and slightly different aperture than other bite blocks on the market.
Airway Bite Block: The Airway Bite Block contains a built-in airway that assists breathing in patients with larger tongues or smaller throats, usually because of obesity, during an endoscopic procedure. The Airway Bite Block was also tested following Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval at Creighton University Medical Center in 2008. The Airway Bite Block would come in two sizes.
The companys initial product candidates focus on obesity and obesity-related conditions, as well as other intraperitoneal abnormalities, which often may be treated by bariatric surgery.
Intraluminal Gastroplasty Device for Obesity and GERD (Gastroplasty Device)
Gastroplasty Device consists of a set of instruments designed to perform incision-less, endoscopic surgery by introduction through the mouth and esophagus.
The Amid Hernia Stapler
The company is in the process of developing the Amid Hernia Stapler in cooperation with the originator of the Lichtenstein Hernia Repair. This stapler would utilize non-absorbable titanium staples for the repair of inguinal or groin hernias. The staples are used to fix mesh in place, which helps prevent the recurrence of a hernia.
Barretts Excision and Ablation Device for Treatment and Diagnosis (Barretts Device)
The Barretts Device is designed to assist in both the diagnosis of and treatment of Barretts Esophagus. The Barretts Device allows the mucosa to be suctioned, sliced off and tested. The device also allows for cauterization of the affected area.
T Fasteners for Upper GI Bleeding (T Fastener Gun)
The T Fastener Gun delivers small metal fasteners at the end of an endoscope. T Fastener Gun can provide full-thickness stomach wall suturing for control of gastric bleeding. The T Fastener Gun is in an early stage of development and has undergone in vivo and ex vivo animal studies.
Novel Devices for Natural Orifice Transluminal Endoscopic Surgery (NOTES)
Natural Orifice Transluminal Endoscopic Surgery or NOTES is a method of operating in the abdominal cavity without making an incision in the abdominal wall. This surgery is also referred to as NO SCAR surgery. The natural orifices used in this type of procedure are the mouth and the rectum and, in females, the vagina. NOTES includes surgeries for gallbladder removal, appendectomy, tubal ligation, removal of intestinal and reproductive organ cancer and hernia repair, all through the gastric, rectal or vaginal walls.
The companys competitors include USGI Medical, TOGa devices from Satiety and StomaphyX and EsophyX from Endo Gastric Solutions, Inc. with respect to Gastroplasty Device; USGI Medical and Medigus, Ltd. with respect to GERD Device; Olympus Medical Equipment Services America, Inc. and BARRX Medical, Inc. with respect to Barretts Device; Olympus and Wilson Cook with respect to gastrointestinal bleeding; Bard, LLC, ConMed Corporation, U.S. Endoscopy, Omni Medical Supply, Inc. and Olympus with respect to bite blocks; and Boston Scientific Corporation, Cook Medical Supply, Inc., Miller Medical Specialties, U.S. Endoscopy and The Rush Incorporated with respect to dilator.
SafeStitch Medical, Inc. was founded in 2005.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SAFESTITCH MEDICAL, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SAFESTITCH MEDICAL, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SAFESTITCH MEDICAL, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SAFESTITCH MEDICAL, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SAFESTITCH MEDICAL, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. SafeStitch Medical, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of SafeStitch Medical, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of SafeStitch Medical, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. SafeStitch Medical, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. SafeStitch Medical, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SAFESTITCH MEDICAL, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SAFESTITCH MEDICAL, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SAFESTITCH MEDICAL, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SAFESTITCH MEDICAL, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SAFESTITCH MEDICAL, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SAFESTITCH MEDICAL, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
SafeStitch Medical, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
SafeStitch Medical, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
SafeStitch Medical, Inc. Major Shareholders
SafeStitch Medical, Inc. History
SafeStitch Medical, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
SafeStitch Medical, Inc. Offices and Representations
SafeStitch Medical, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
SafeStitch Medical, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
SafeStitch Medical, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
SafeStitch Medical, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
SafeStitch Medical, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
SafeStitch Medical, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
SafeStitch Medical, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
SafeStitch Medical, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
SafeStitch Medical, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
SafeStitch Medical, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
SafeStitch Medical, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
SafeStitch Medical, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?