- The report contains detailed information about Intuitive Surgical, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Intuitive Surgical, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Intuitive Surgical, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Intuitive Surgical, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Intuitive Surgical, Inc. business.
About Intuitive Surgical, Inc.
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, and marketing of the da Vinci Surgical Systems. The companys da Vinci Surgical Systems consist of a surgeons console, or consoles, a patient-side cart and a vision system.
The da Vinci Surgical System controls Intuitive Surgical endoscopic instruments, including rigid endoscopes, blunt and sharp endoscopic dissectors, scissors, scalpels, forceps/pickups, needle holders, endoscopic retractors, basic and electrocautery instruments, ultrasonic cutters, and accessories during a range of surgical procedures. The da Vinci Surgical System translates the surgeons natural hand movements performed on instrument controls at a surgeons console into corresponding micro-movements of instruments positioned inside the patient through small incisions, or ports.
The companys da Vinci Surgical System provides the surgeon with the intuitive control, range of motion, fine tissue manipulation capability and high definition 3-D vision, and simultaneously allowing the surgeon to work through the small ports of MIS. The da Vinci Surgical System is used to perform surgery across multiple surgical specialties, including urology, gynecology, cardiothoracic surgery, transoral surgery, and general surgery.
As of December 31, 2009, the company had an installed base of 1,395 da Vinci Surgical Systems. During 2009, surgeons using its technology completed approximately 205,000 surgical procedures of various types in major hospitals worldwide.
Intuitive Surgicals Products and Services
The companys primary products include the da Vinci Surgical Systemda Vinci Si urgical System, da Vinci S Surgical System and standard da Vinci Surgical System, along with various EndoWrist instruments and accessories.
da Vinci Surgical System
The companys da Vinci Surgical System consists of the following components:
Surgeons Console: The da Vinci Surgical System allows the surgeon to operate while seated at an ergonomic console viewing a 3-D image of the surgical field. The surgeons fingers grasp the instrument controls below the display with hands naturally positioned relative to eyes.
Patient-Side Cart: The patient-side cart, which can be moved next to the operating table, holds electromechanical arms that manipulate the instruments inside the patient. Up to four arms attached to the cart can be positioned as appropriate, and then locked into place. The two arms, one representing the left hand and one representing the right hand of the surgeon, hold its EndoWrist instruments. The third arm positions the endoscope, allowing the surgeon to move, zoom and rotate field of vision. The fourth arm option provides additional surgical capabilities by holding an additional EndoWrist instrument, as well as potentially reducing the need for an assistant surgeon.
3-D Vision System: The company's vision system includes its InSite 3-D endoscope with two separate vision channels linked to two separate color monitors along with high performance video cameras and specialized edge enhancement and noise reduction equipment. The resulting 3-D image has high resolution and contrast and no flicker or cross fading, which occurs in single monitor systems, and minimizes eye fatigue. The digital zoom feature in the 3-D HD vision system allows surgeons to magnify the surgical field of view. The 3-D HD vision is available as an option on new da Vinci S Surgical Systems and as an upgrade option to its existing customers who own a da Vinci S Surgical System.
The companys da Vinci model, the da Vinci Si, was launched in 2009. The da Vinci Si System retains and builds on the core technology at the heart of the existing da Vinci and da Vinci S Systems.
EndoWrist Instruments, Accessories and Vision Components
The company manufactures various EndoWrist instruments, each of which incorporates wrist joints for natural dexterity, with tips customized for various surgical procedures. These EndoWrist instruments are approximately five or eight millimeters in diameter. The instruments mount onto the electromechanical arms that represent the surgeons left and right hands and provide the mechanical capability necessary for performing complex tissue manipulations through ports. At their tips, the various EndoWrist instruments include forceps, scissors, electrocautery, scalpels and other surgical tools that are familiar to the surgeon from open surgery and MIS.
The company also sells various accessory products, which are used in conjunction with the da Vinci Surgical System as surgical procedures are performed. Accessory products include sterile drapes used to protect the sterile field during surgery, vision products, such as replacement 3-D stereo endoscopes, camera heads, light guides, and other miscellaneous items.
The company markets its products through a direct sales force in the United States and parts of Europe. It also markets its products outside the United States through distributors.
On March 04, 2010, Stryker Corp.'s Communications business unit and Intuitive Surgical, Inc. announced that they have signed an agreement to integrate both companies' technologies into advanced minimally invasive (MIS) robotic surgery suites.
The companys competitors include Hitachi Ltd., Prosurgics, Inc., EndoControls, Inc., Olympus, Alf-X, Titan Medical, and Toshiba, Inc.
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. was founded in 1995.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. INTUITIVE SURGICAL, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. INTUITIVE SURGICAL, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. INTUITIVE SURGICAL, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. INTUITIVE SURGICAL, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. INTUITIVE SURGICAL, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Intuitive Surgical, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Intuitive Surgical, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Intuitive Surgical, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Intuitive Surgical, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Intuitive Surgical, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. INTUITIVE SURGICAL, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. INTUITIVE SURGICAL, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. INTUITIVE SURGICAL, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. INTUITIVE SURGICAL, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. INTUITIVE SURGICAL, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. INTUITIVE SURGICAL, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. Major Shareholders
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. History
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. Offices and Representations
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?