- The report contains detailed information about EnteroMedics, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for EnteroMedics, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The EnteroMedics, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes EnteroMedics, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of EnteroMedics, Inc. business.
About EnteroMedics, Inc.
EnteroMedics Inc., a development stage medical device company, focuses on the design and development of devices that use neuroblocking technology to treat obesity, its associated co-morbidities, and other gastrointestinal disorders.
The companys proprietary neuroblocking technology, referred to as VBLOC therapy, is designed to intermittently block the vagus nerve using electrical impulses. The companys initial product under development is the Maestro System, which uses VBLOC therapy to limit the expansion of the stomach, helps control hunger sensations between meals, reduce the frequency and intensity of stomach contractions, and produce a feeling of early and prolonged fullness.
The Maestro System
The Maestro System: The companys Maestro System pulse generator delivers VBLOC therapy via two small electrodes that are laparoscopically implanted and placed in contact with the trunks of the vagus nerve above the junction between the esophagus and the stomach, near the diaphragm. The company develops the Maestro System in two different energy configurations, the Maestro RF System and the Maestro RC System.
Components of the Maestro System
Neuroregulator: The neuroregulator, sometimes referred to as a neuroblocking pulse generator, is an implanted device that controls the delivery of VBLOC therapy to the vagus nerve.
Lead system: The companys neuroblocking leads are powered by the neuroregulator and deliver electrical pulses to the vagus nerve via the electrodes.
Controller/Mobile charger: The companys controller regulates the rate and intensity of the electrical pulses delivered by the neuroregulator and maintains a log of device and treatment changes. In the Maestro RF System, the controller is an external unit. In the Maestro RC System, the external controller is replaced by an external mobile charger and the control logic is contained with in the implanted neuroregulator.
Transmit coil: The transmit coil is positioned over the implanted neuroregulator and delivers radiofrequency energy and therapy control information across the skin into the device. The coil is held in position over the neuroregulator using either an adhesive or an adjustable elastic belt worn around the torso.
Clinician programmer: The clinician programmer connects to the controller to enable clinicians to customize therapy settings as necessary and download reports stored in system components. The reports include patient use and system performance information used to manage therapy.
The company is in the process of designing Maestro System to address the unmet needs of physicians and patients for a long-term obesity treatment that minimizes the complications presented by existing alternatives. The Maestro System delivers VBLOC therapy for the treatment of obesity using neuroblocking. VBLOC therapy interrupts nerve signals along the vagus nerve to selectively block the gastrointestinal effects of the vagus nerve, which attempts to increase neural activity through stimulation to impact the digestive system.
VBLOC therapy is designed to block the gastrointestinal effects of the vagus nerve by using electrical impulses to intermittently interrupt naturally occurring neural impulses on the vagus nerve between the brain and the digestive system. The companys therapy is designed to control hunger sensations between meals, limit the expansion of the stomach and to reduce the frequency and intensity of stomach contractions.
Mayo Clinic Relationship
The companys research and development team works with clinicians from Mayo Clinic Rochester, Minnesota pursuant to know-how, license, and consulting agreements. Mayo clinicians with multiple specialties such as bariatric surgery, gastroenterology and laparoscopic surgery consult with its research and development team to advise the company as the company develops its devices for vagal blocking therapy to treat obesity. The agreements with Mayo Clinic also include a similar collaboration for the development of products to address various disorders susceptible to treatment by electrically blocking neural impulses on the vagus nerve.
Sales and Marketing
The primary focus of the companys sales efforts would be in the United States. Outside of the United States, the company sells and supports its products either through direct sales or medical device distributors.
EnteroMedics Inc was founded in 2002. The company was formerly known as Beta Medical, Inc. and changed its name to EnteroMedics, Inc. in 2003.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ENTEROMEDICS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ENTEROMEDICS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ENTEROMEDICS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ENTEROMEDICS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ENTEROMEDICS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. EnteroMedics, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of EnteroMedics, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of EnteroMedics, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. EnteroMedics, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. EnteroMedics, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ENTEROMEDICS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ENTEROMEDICS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ENTEROMEDICS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ENTEROMEDICS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ENTEROMEDICS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ENTEROMEDICS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
EnteroMedics, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
EnteroMedics, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
EnteroMedics, Inc. Major Shareholders
EnteroMedics, Inc. History
EnteroMedics, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
EnteroMedics, Inc. Offices and Representations
EnteroMedics, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
EnteroMedics, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
EnteroMedics, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
EnteroMedics, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
EnteroMedics, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
EnteroMedics, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
EnteroMedics, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
EnteroMedics, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
EnteroMedics, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
EnteroMedics, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
EnteroMedics, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
EnteroMedics, Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?