- The report contains detailed information about Cyberkinetics Neurotechnology Systems Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Cyberkinetics Neurotechnology Systems Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Cyberkinetics Neurotechnology Systems Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Cyberkinetics Neurotechnology Systems Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Cyberkinetics Neurotechnology Systems Inc. business.
About Cyberkinetics Neurotechnology Systems Inc.
Cyberkinetics Neurotechnology Systems, Inc., a medical device company, engages in the research, development, manufacture, sale, and distribution of implantable products to treat neurological diseases and injuries of the central nervous system in the United States. The company develops clinical products for human use designed to detect and interpret brain activity in real time.
The companys products include Andara OFS System for acute spinal cord injury, Andara OFS Peripheral Nerve System, Andara OFS PLUS System, and NeuroPort System.
Andara OFS System for acute spinal cord injury
The implantable Andara Oscillating Field Stimulator (Andara OFS System) is intended to restore tactile sensation and movement in those with quadriplegia and tetraplegia due to spinal cord injuries. Andara OFS System's implantable device must be implanted within 18 days of a spinal cord injury.
Andara OFS Peripheral Nerve System
The Andara OFS Peripheral Nerve System is an Andara OFS System that has been adapted to be used for peripheral nerves, such as those in the arms, hands, legs, and feet. Traumatic injuries, such as lacerations or broken bones could sever or stretch the peripheral nerves.
The company with NeuroMetrix, Inc. has formed a joint venture to develop and commercialize the Andara OFS Peripheral Nerve System.
Andara OFS PLUS System
The Andara OFS PLUS System combines the Andara OFS System with simultaneous delivery of a neurotrophic factor through an implantable drug pump. The neurotrophic factor being studied is inosine, which is a naturally occurring nucleoside that has been shown to have neurotrophic properties. The company reported results from a preclinical study of the Andara PLUS System which demonstrated nerve regeneration and functional recovery in animals that were treated three months after their injuries.
The NeuroPort System is an electrode system designed to be used in patients on a temporary basis to record and monitor the brains electrical activity. NeuroPort records resolution signals and provides physicians with the tools to analyze them. Unlike lower resolution signals, such as electrocorticography and electroencephalography, which offers a summation of neural activity, the NeuroPort is designed to provide a neurosurgeon, neurologist or clinical neurophysiologist with the means to record, monitor, and analyze detailed, electrical activity from individual neurons in the cortex of the brain.
The company manufactures and sells a line of neural recording arrays and data acquisition systems to neuroscience researchers for animal research.
The company has a collaborative research and licensing agreement with Brown University. This agreement provides that the company allows researchers at Brown University to access certain human clinical data obtained through its research and development programs.
The company is the licensee of a sublicenseable, royalty bearing license from Purdue Research Foundation (PRF) for the development and commercialization of the PRF technology pertaining to the Andara OFS system and the Andara OFS Plus system, and a series of neurotrophic and other drugs to be utilized with the Andara OFS system or on their own.
The company is licensee of a sublicenseable license with Indiana University Research and Technology Corporation (IURT) for the development and commercialization of the IURT technology pertaining to the Andara OFS System and Andara OFS device with a series of neurotrophic and other drugs to be utilized with the Andara OFS System or on their own.
The companys customers for Andara OFS System would include the surgeons, purchasing agents, and hospital administrators at approximately 200 trauma centers in the United States.
The companys competitors include Integra Lifesciences; Axogen, Inc.; Synovis Life Technologies; and SaluMedica.
Cyberkinetics Neurotechnology Systems, Inc. was founded in 2001.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CYBERKINETICS NEUROTECHNOLOGY SYSTEMS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CYBERKINETICS NEUROTECHNOLOGY SYSTEMS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CYBERKINETICS NEUROTECHNOLOGY SYSTEMS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CYBERKINETICS NEUROTECHNOLOGY SYSTEMS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CYBERKINETICS NEUROTECHNOLOGY SYSTEMS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Cyberkinetics Neurotechnology Systems Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Cyberkinetics Neurotechnology Systems Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Cyberkinetics Neurotechnology Systems Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Cyberkinetics Neurotechnology Systems Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Cyberkinetics Neurotechnology Systems Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CYBERKINETICS NEUROTECHNOLOGY SYSTEMS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CYBERKINETICS NEUROTECHNOLOGY SYSTEMS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CYBERKINETICS NEUROTECHNOLOGY SYSTEMS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CYBERKINETICS NEUROTECHNOLOGY SYSTEMS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CYBERKINETICS NEUROTECHNOLOGY SYSTEMS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CYBERKINETICS NEUROTECHNOLOGY SYSTEMS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Cyberkinetics Neurotechnology Systems Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Cyberkinetics Neurotechnology Systems Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Cyberkinetics Neurotechnology Systems Inc. Major Shareholders
Cyberkinetics Neurotechnology Systems Inc. History
Cyberkinetics Neurotechnology Systems Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Cyberkinetics Neurotechnology Systems Inc. Offices and Representations
Cyberkinetics Neurotechnology Systems Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cyberkinetics Neurotechnology Systems Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Cyberkinetics Neurotechnology Systems Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Cyberkinetics Neurotechnology Systems Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Cyberkinetics Neurotechnology Systems Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Cyberkinetics Neurotechnology Systems Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Cyberkinetics Neurotechnology Systems Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Cyberkinetics Neurotechnology Systems Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Cyberkinetics Neurotechnology Systems Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Cyberkinetics Neurotechnology Systems Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Cyberkinetics Neurotechnology Systems Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Cyberkinetics Neurotechnology Systems Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?