- The report contains detailed information about Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. business.
About Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc., through its subsidiaries, focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of drugs based on prostones in the United States, Europe, and Japan.
Products and Product Candidates
Amitiza is the prescription product that has been approved by the Food Drug Administration (FDA) for the chronic treatment of Chronic idiopathic constipation (CIC) in adults of both genders and all ages or IBS-C in adult women and is developed for the treatment of Opioid-induced bowel dysfunction (OBD). Amitiza functions as an activator of the ClC-2 chloride channel through which negatively charged chloride ions flow out of the cells lining the small intestine and into the intestinal cavity.
To obtain FDA marketing approval of Amitiza, the company conducted a program of clinical trials of this drug for use in treating CIC. This clinical program included two phase 3 pivotal trials and three long-term safety and efficacy trials.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome with Constipation (IBS-C)
In 2008, the FDA approved the companys supplemental NDA, or sNDA, for Amitiza for the treatment of IBS-C in adult women. In collaboration with Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (Takeda), the company initiated commercial sales of Amitiza in the U.S. for this indication in 2008.
Opioid- induced Bowel Dysfunction (OBD)
OBD consist of various gastrointestinal side effects originating from the use of narcotic medications, such as morphine and codeine, which are referred to as opioids, and includes other indications, such as opioid-induced constipation. The company initiated two pivotal phase 3 clinical trials, OBD0631 and OBD0632, of orally administered Amitiza for the treatment of OBD in 2007.
In 2009, the company licensed from R-Tech Ueno, Ltd. (R-Tech) the development and commercialization rights to Rescula (unoprostone isopropyl) for the U.S. and Canada, including all associated patents and other intellectual property. In addition, R-Tech would be the supplier of finished product to it. Under the agreement, it holds the rights to commercialize Rescula in the U.S. and Canada for the treatment of glaucoma and ocular hypertension. The company also would have the right to develop Rescula for additional indications and it would have the right of first refusal to commercialize in the U.S. and Canada any additional indications for which Rescula is developed by R-Tech.
The company develops the prostone compound cobiprostone for oral administration to treat various gastrointestinal and liver disorders, including NSAID-induced ulcers. It also plans to develop an inhaled formulation of cobiprostone for the treatment of respiratory symptoms of cystic fibrosis and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It is also developing cobiprostone as a topical treatment of skin ulcers and wounds based on preclinical results from coetaneous tissue blood flow studies and incision wound healing studies.
Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug-Induced Ulcers (NSAIDs): In 2009, the company completed and announced results of its phase 2a clinical trial of cobiprostone designed to evaluate the compounds efficacy and safety for the prevention of ulcers and other gastrointestinal injuries in arthritis patients treated with NSAIDs. It completed preclinical studies of cobiprostone as a potential therapy for the prevention of NSAID-induced ulcers.
In 2009, the company completed a phase 1 study of SPI-017 as a potential treatment for peripheral arterial disease (PAD).
The company's competitors include Alizyme plc., Dynogen Pharmaceuticals, Progenics Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Nektar Therapeutics/Astra Zeneca, Theravance, Inc., Movetis N.V., Braintree Laboratories, Inc., and Solvay S.A.
Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was founded in 1996.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SUCAMPO PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SUCAMPO PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SUCAMPO PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SUCAMPO PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SUCAMPO PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SUCAMPO PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SUCAMPO PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SUCAMPO PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SUCAMPO PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SUCAMPO PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SUCAMPO PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Major Shareholders
Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. History
Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Offices and Representations
Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?