Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
- The report contains detailed information about Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. business.
About Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a drug discovery and development company, focuses on the discovery and development of medicines for the treatment of cancer and related conditions.
The companys discovery program has generated four clinical stage drug candidates spanning programs in the inhibition of heat shock protein 90 (Hsp90), chaperone system, the Hedgehog signaling pathway, and fatty acid amide hydrolase (FAAH).
Hsp90 Chaperone Inhibitor Program
The company is conducting multiple studies of its Hsp90 chaperone inhibitors, IPI-504 and IPI-493.
IPI-504: The companys primary product candidate, IPI-504 (retaspimycin hydrochloride), is an intravenously-administered small molecule inhibitor of Hsp90. IPI-504 (retaspimycin hydrochloride) is a small molecule, semi-synthetic analog of the natural product geldanamycin that is delivered as a water-based, intravenous infusion. Hsp90 is a central component of the cellular chaperone system a system that supports and stabilizes cancer-causing proteins, such as epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR)and Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2 (HER2) enabling multiple forms of cancer to thrive. Inhibition of the Hsp90 chaperone knocks out this critical source of support for cancer cells, leading to tumor growth inhibition and cancer cell death. The company is evaluating IPI-504 in multiple clinical trials, including an international Phase 2 clinical trial of IPI-504 in combination with Herceptin (trastuzumab) in patients with HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer, a Phase 2 clinical trial of IPI-504 in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), and a Phase 1 clinical trial of IPI-504 in combination with Taxotere (docetaxel) in patients with advanced solid tumors. The company is researching genetic biomarkers that could be related to response to IPI-504 in patients with NSCLC.
IPI-493: In parallel with the development of IPI-504, the company is pursuing development of IPI-493, a proprietary, orally available inhibitor of Hsp90. IPI-493 is a semi-synthetic analog of geldanamycin. The company is enrolling patients in a Phase 1 clinical trial of IPI-493 in patients with advanced solid tumors. This trial is designed to assess the safety and tolerability of IPI-493 and to identify a dose and schedule for subsequent studies.
Hedgehog Pathway Inhibitor Program
IPI-926: The companys next advanced program is directed against the Hedgehog signaling pathway (Hedgehog pathway). The Hedgehog pathway is normally active during embryonic development and regulates tissue and organ formation. The primary candidate in its Hedgehog pathway program, IPI-926, is a proprietary, semi-synthetic derivative of the natural product cyclopamine that inhibits the Hedgehog pathway by binding to the Smoothened receptor, a protein that plays a critical role in the malignant activation of the Hedgehog pathway. It has commenced a Phase 1 clinical trial evaluating IPI-926 in patients with advanced and/or metastatic solid tumors. The company is pursuing its Hedgehog pathway program in collaboration with Mundipharma International Corporation Limited (Mundipharma) outside the United States.
Fatty Acid Amide Hydrolase Inhibitor Program
IPI-940: The company also has a program directed to FAAH, an emerging target for neuropathic pain. The enzyme FAAH degrades anandamide, which is a neurotransmitter that produces a pain relieving effect in response to pain and nerve injury. The company has initiated a Phase 1 clinical trial of IPI-940, its orally-available inhibitor of FAAH. The Phase 1 program includes single- and multiple-ascending dose studies conducted in healthy, adult volunteers. The company is pursuing its FAAH program in collaboration with Mundipharma and an independent associated company, Purdue Pharmaceutical Products L.P. (Purdue).
The company has developed compounds that target the Bcl-2 and Bcl-xL anti-apoptotic proteins. It has entered into a collaboration agreement with Novartis Institute for BioMedical Research, Inc. (Novartis) to discover, develop, and commercialize drugs targeting Bcl protein family members for the treatment of a range of cancers and it completed the transition of this program to Novartis, which has responsibility for further pre-clinical, clinical development, and commercialization of any products based upon compounds discovered under the joint research program.
In December 2010, Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. extended its global strategic alliance with Mundipharma International Corporation Limited to develop and commercialize IPI-926, Infinity's Smoothened antagonist, as well as development candidates aroused from Infinity's phosphoinositol-3-kinase (PI3K) and discovery programs.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. INFINITY PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. INFINITY PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. INFINITY PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. INFINITY PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. INFINITY PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. INFINITY PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. INFINITY PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. INFINITY PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. INFINITY PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. INFINITY PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. INFINITY PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Major Shareholders
Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. History
Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Offices and Representations
Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?