- The report contains detailed information about Akela Pharma Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Akela Pharma Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Akela Pharma Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Akela Pharma Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Akela Pharma Inc. business.
About Akela Pharma Inc.
Akela Pharma Inc., an integrated product development company, primarily focuses on therapeutics for pain utilizing drug delivery technologies.
Fentanyl TAIFUN Break-through Cancer Pain
The companys lead product candidate is Fentanyl TAIFUN, a fentanyl formulation specifically designed to be delivered with its TAIFUN Multi-Dose Inhaler. The company is developing Fentanyl TAIFUN as an inhaled opioid analgesic for treatment of break-through cancer pain. The company has entered into an exclusive license and development agreement with Janssen with respect to the continuing development and commercialization of Fentanyl TAIFUN.
GHRH or Growth Hormone Release Hormone Chronic Renal Failure
The companys GHRH is a patented synthetic analogue of the natural human growth hormone releasing hormone, and is classified as an NCE. The companys GHRH, which has completed Phase II trials, is targeted for the treatment of malnutrition associated with pre-dialysis stage chronic renal failure. The company completed a placebo-controlled Phase II trial in three centers in Europe, investigating the efficacy and safety of GHRH for the treatment of malnutrition in patients with late pre-dialysis chronic renal failure.
EDACS Opioid Abuse-Deterrent System
The company has developed an abuse-resistant delivery platform, EDACS, or Extruded Deterrence of Abusable Controlled Substances, to address opioid abuse. EDACS is manufactured by hot-melt extrusion of a homogeneously blended powder that can be formulated to provide various dosing options including once-a-day extended pain release.
CGRP or Calcitonin Gene Related Peptide Asthma
The companys CGRP is a therapeutic that has been in development for the treatment of asthma.
Drug Delivery Technologies
The company has developed the following proprietary drug delivery technologies: TAIFUN dry powder multi-dose inhaler Inhalation Technology; and EDACS (Extruded Deterrence of Abusable Controlled Substances) Abuse Deterrent System.
Break-through Cancer Pain: The companys competitors include Cephalon, Inc.; YM Biosciences, Inc.; Aradigm Corporation; and Alexza Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Abuse Deterrence: The companys competitors include Alpharma Inc.; Acura Pharmaceuticals Inc.; Purdue Pharma L.P.; Elite Pharmaceuticals Inc.; Egalet A/S; Pain Therapeutics Inc.; Durect Corporation; TheraQuest Biosciences, LLC; and Collegium Pharmaceutical Inc.
Asthma: The companys competitors include Merck & Co., Inc.; GlaxoSmithKline plc; Novartis AG; Genentech, Inc.; and Tanox, Inc.
Growth Hormone: The companys competitors include Conjuchem Inc., Aeterna Zentaris Inc., Sapphire Therapeutics Inc. and QLT Inc.
Inhalation Technology: The companys competitors include Skypharma Plc; Vectura Group Plc; Ventaira Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Aradigm Corporation; and Alkermes Inc.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AKELA PHARMA INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AKELA PHARMA INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AKELA PHARMA INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AKELA PHARMA INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AKELA PHARMA INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Akela Pharma Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Akela Pharma Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Akela Pharma Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Akela Pharma Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Akela Pharma Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. AKELA PHARMA INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AKELA PHARMA INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AKELA PHARMA INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AKELA PHARMA INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AKELA PHARMA INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AKELA PHARMA INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Akela Pharma Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Akela Pharma Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Akela Pharma Inc. Major Shareholders
Akela Pharma Inc. History
Akela Pharma Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Akela Pharma Inc. Offices and Representations
Akela Pharma Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Akela Pharma Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Akela Pharma Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Akela Pharma Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Akela Pharma Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Akela Pharma Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Akela Pharma Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Akela Pharma Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Akela Pharma Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Akela Pharma Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Akela Pharma Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Akela Pharma Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?