- The report contains detailed information about Eagle Bulk Shipping, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Eagle Bulk Shipping, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Eagle Bulk Shipping, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Eagle Bulk Shipping, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Eagle Bulk Shipping, Inc. business.
About Eagle Bulk Shipping, Inc.
Eagle Bulk Shipping Inc. engages in the ocean transportation of a range of major and minor bulk cargoes, including iron ore, coal, grain, cement and fertilizer, along worldwide shipping routes. The company operates in the Handymax sector of the dry bulk industry, with particular emphasis on the Supramax class of vessels.
As of December 31, 2009, the company owned and operated a modern fleet of 27 oceangoing vessels with a combined carrying capacity of 1,412,535 deadweight ton (dwt) and an average age of approximately 6 years.
The company also has a Supramax vessel newbuilding program in China and Japan. Under this newbuilding program, the company had taken delivery of 7 vessels and held contracts for the construction of 20 vessels with a carrying capacity of approximately 1,141,300 dwt. During 2009, four vessels were constructed and delivered into its fleet. The newbuilding program also provides the company with options for the construction of eight additional Supramax vessels with a combined carrying capacity of 464,000 dwt. The company carries out the commercial and strategic management of its fleet through wholly-owned subsidiary, Eagle Shipping International (USA) LLC.
The companys customers include international companies, such as BHP, Bunge S.A., Clipper Bulk, Cosco Bulk Carriers Co.,Ltd., Eitzen Bulk AS, Hanjin, Hyundai Merchant Marine Co., Ltd., Lauritzen Bulkers AS, Korea Line, Ltd., Oldendorff Carriers GmbH & Co.KG, Pacific Basin, San Juan Navigation Corp., and Western Bulk Carriers ASA.
Eagle Bulk Shipping Inc. was founded in 2005.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. EAGLE BULK SHIPPING, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EAGLE BULK SHIPPING, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EAGLE BULK SHIPPING, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EAGLE BULK SHIPPING, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EAGLE BULK SHIPPING, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Eagle Bulk Shipping, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Eagle Bulk Shipping, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Eagle Bulk Shipping, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Eagle Bulk Shipping, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Sea Transportation Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Eagle Bulk Shipping, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. EAGLE BULK SHIPPING, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EAGLE BULK SHIPPING, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EAGLE BULK SHIPPING, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EAGLE BULK SHIPPING, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. EAGLE BULK SHIPPING, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. EAGLE BULK SHIPPING, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Eagle Bulk Shipping, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Eagle Bulk Shipping, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Eagle Bulk Shipping, Inc. Major Shareholders
Eagle Bulk Shipping, Inc. History
Eagle Bulk Shipping, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Eagle Bulk Shipping, Inc. Offices and Representations
Eagle Bulk Shipping, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Eagle Bulk Shipping, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Eagle Bulk Shipping, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Eagle Bulk Shipping, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Sea Transportation Industry Statistics
Eagle Bulk Shipping, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Eagle Bulk Shipping, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Eagle Bulk Shipping, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Eagle Bulk Shipping, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Eagle Bulk Shipping, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Eagle Bulk Shipping, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Eagle Bulk Shipping, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Eagle Bulk Shipping, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?