- The report contains detailed information about Sypris Solutions Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Sypris Solutions Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Sypris Solutions Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Sypris Solutions Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Sypris Solutions Inc. business.
About Sypris Solutions Inc.
Sypris Solutions, Inc. provides outsourced services and specialty products in North America. The company performs a range of manufacturing, engineering, design, testing and other technical services, typically under multi-year, sole-source contracts with corporations and government agencies principally in the markets for industrial manufacturing and aerospace & defense electronics. The companys operations are located in the U.S. and Mexico.
The company supplies forged and machined drive train components for medium and heavy-duty trucks in North America. It produces drive axle shafts, gear sets, differential cases, steer axle forgings, and other components under multi-year, sole-source contracts with ArvinMeritor, Inc. (ArvinMeritor) and Dana Holding Corporation (Dana), the two primary providers of drive train assemblies for use by the truck manufacturers, including Ford Motor Company (Ford), Freightliner LLC (Freightliner), Mack Trucks, Inc. (Mack), Navistar International Corporation (Navistar), PACCAR, Inc. (PACCAR) and Volvo Truck Corporation (Volvo).
The company also supplies ArvinMeritor with trailer axle beams for use by the trailer manufacturers, including Great Dane Limited Partnership (Great Dane), Hyundai Motor Company (Hyundai), Stoughton Trailers, LLC (Stoughton), Utility Trailer Manufacturing Company (Utility) and Wabash National Corporation (Wabash).
Aerospace & Defense Electronics
The Electronics Group is organized around two primary business lines, Information Security Solutions (ISS) and Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS).
Information Security Solutions (ISS): The companys ISS business provides solutions in cyber security, secure communications, global electronic key management, Sypris Data Systems branded products, and product design and development to the United States Government, both defense and civilian agencies, international government agencies, as well as defense and aerospace prime organizations. This group has various long-term contracts with the Department of Defense to design and build information assurance products, including link encryptors, data recording products and electronic key fill devices.
Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS): The companys EMS business focuses on circuit card and full box build manufacturing, dedicated space and manufacturing, integrated design and engineering services, systems assembly and integration, design for manufacturability, and design to specification work. Its customers include Honeywell International, Inc. (Honeywell), Lockheed Martin Corporation (Lockheed), Northrop Grumman Corporation (Northrop Grumman) and Raytheon Company (Raytheon).
Services and Products
The company provides its customers with services that exceed the scope of manufacturing service companies, including software development, design services, prototype development, product re-engineering, feature enhancement, product ruggedization, cost reduction, product miniaturization, and electro-magnetic interference and shielding. It also applies its core technologies to the development and production of its own product line of high assurance security components, including cryptographic key management programs and data encryption and recording products for its U.S. Government and defense customers.
The companys manufacturing services typically involve the fabrication or assembly of a product or subassembly according to specifications provided by its customers. It purchases raw materials or components from its customers and independent suppliers in connection with performing its manufacturing services.
Industrial Manufacturing Services: The company provides its customers with a range of capabilities, including automated forging, extruding, machining, induction hardening, heat-treating and testing services to meet the exacting requirements of its customers. It also designs and fabricates production tooling, manufacture prototype products and provide other value-added services for its customers. The companys manufacturing services contracts for the truck components & assemblies markets are generally sole-source by part number.
Electronics Manufacturing Services: The company provides its customers with various solutions, from low-volume prototype assembly to manufacturing. The manufacturing solutions it offers include design conversion and enhancement, materials procurement, system assembly, testing and final system configuration. The companys manufacturing services contracts for the aerospace & defense electronics market are generally sole-source by part number.
In addition to its outsourced services, the company provides some of its customers with specialized products, including digital and analog data systems and encryption devices used in military applications and specialty closures and joints used in pipeline and chemical systems.
In 2009, the company sold all of the stock of its wholly owned subsidiary, Sypris Test & Measurement, Inc.
The companys customers include companies and agencies of the federal government. It provides some customers with a combination of outsourced services and products and other customers may be in a single category of its service or product offering. Its major customers include DHC, ArvinMeritor, Honeywell, CPU Tech, and Northrop Grumman.
In the truck components & assemblies market, the company competes primarily against companies, including Mid-West Forge, Inc., Spencer Forge and Machine, Inc., and Traxle. In the aerospace & defense electronics market, it competes primarily against companies, including Celestica Inc., Jabil Circuit, Inc., LaBarge, Inc., and Safenet, Inc.
Sypris Solutions, Inc. was founded in 1954.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SYPRIS SOLUTIONS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SYPRIS SOLUTIONS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SYPRIS SOLUTIONS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SYPRIS SOLUTIONS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SYPRIS SOLUTIONS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Sypris Solutions Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Sypris Solutions Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Sypris Solutions Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Sypris Solutions Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Aerospace and Defense Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Sypris Solutions Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SYPRIS SOLUTIONS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SYPRIS SOLUTIONS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SYPRIS SOLUTIONS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SYPRIS SOLUTIONS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SYPRIS SOLUTIONS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SYPRIS SOLUTIONS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Sypris Solutions Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Sypris Solutions Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Sypris Solutions Inc. Major Shareholders
Sypris Solutions Inc. History
Sypris Solutions Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Sypris Solutions Inc. Offices and Representations
Sypris Solutions Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Sypris Solutions Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Sypris Solutions Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Sypris Solutions Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Aerospace and Defense Industry Statistics
Sypris Solutions Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Sypris Solutions Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Sypris Solutions Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Sypris Solutions Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Sypris Solutions Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Sypris Solutions Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Sypris Solutions Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Sypris Solutions Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?