- The report contains detailed information about Butler National Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Butler National Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Butler National Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Butler National Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Butler National Corp. business.
About Butler National Corp.
Butler National Corporation operates in the aircraft and related services market in the United States.
The company operates in six segments: Aircraft Modifications; Avionics; Aircraft; Services - SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) Systems and Monitoring Services; Corporate/Professional Services; and Gaming.
This segment principally includes the modification of customer and company owned business-size aircraft from passenger to freighter configuration, addition of aerial photography capability, and stability enhancing modifications for Learjet, Beechcraft, Cessna, and Dassault Falcon aircraft along with other specialized modifications. The company provides these services through its subsidiary, Avcon Industries, Inc. (Aircraft Modifications or Avcon). Butler National Corporation, through its subsidiary Avcon Industries, Inc., acquired the JET autopilot product line for the Classic Learjets.
Avcon modifies business-type aircraft in Newton, Kansas. The modifications include aircraft conversion from passenger to freighter configuration, addition of aerial photography capability, stability enhancing modifications for Learjets, and other special mission modifications. Avcon offers avionics, aerodynamic, and stability improvement products for selected business jet aircraft. Avcon operates two repair stations.
This segment principally includes the manufacture, sale, and service of airborne electronic switching units used in DC-9, DC-10, DC-9/80, MD-80, MD-90, and the KC-10 aircraft, transient suppression devices (TSDs) for fuel tank protection on Boeing Classic 737 and 747 aircraft, and other Classic aircraft using a capacitance fuel quantity indicating system (FQIS), airborne electronics upgrades for classic weapon control systems used on military aircraft and vehicles, and consulting services with airlines and equipment manufacturers regarding fuel system safety requirements. The company provides these products through its subsidiary, Butler National Corporation - Tempe, Arizona and the services through Butler National Corporation - Olathe, Kansas.
Classic Aviation Products: Butler National Corporation - Tempe, Arizona, manufactures and repairs airborne switching systems for Boeing McDonnell Douglas and their customers. Switching Units are used to switch the presentation to the flight crew from one radio system to another, from one navigational system to another, and to switch instruments in the aircraft from one set to another.
Defense Contracting and Electronics: The company supplies defense commercial off the shelf products to various agencies and subcontractors. Engineering design and specialized manufacturing solutions are provided to maintain and update classic military and commercial aviation systems. In general, the company provides its customers the opportunity to update or extend the useful life of products with older components and technology. These products include Gun Control Units (GCU) for the Apache Helicopter and other weapon products, including the Hangfire Override Modules (HOM) for all Boeing derived Chain-Gun cannons, and various weapon-related firing controls, cabling, and test equipment.
Boeing 747 Classic Aircraft: The company has worked with Honeywell to design the Butler National Transient Suppression Device (TSD). The company sells TSDs to owners and/or operators of Boeing 747 Classic aircraft with a Honeywell Fuel Quantity Indicating System (FQIS).
Boeing 737 Classic Aircraft: The company has also designed a Butler National Transient Suppression Device (TSD) for Boeing 737 Classic Aircraft. TSDs are sold to the owners and/or operators of Boeing 737 Classic aircraft with an analog Fuel Quantity Indicating System (FQIS).
Services - SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) Systems and Monitoring Services
This segment principally includes monitoring and related repair services of water and wastewater remote pumping stations through electronic surveillance for municipalities and the private sector. The company provides these services through its subsidiary, Butler National Services, Inc. (Monitoring Services or BNS). BNS contracts with government and private owners of water and wastewater pumping stations to provide both monitoring and preventive maintenance services for its customers. A major percentage of BNS business comes from municipally owned pumping stations. BNS is soliciting business in Florida.
Corporate / Professional Services
This segment principally includes providing as a management service licensed architectural services through its subsidiary, BCS Design, Inc. These services include commercial and industrial building design. The company has expanded this segment to include aviation-related engineering consulting services and operate as the Butler National Aircraft Certification Center (BNACC).
This segment principally includes business management services and advances to Indian tribes. The Boot Hill Casino and Resort commenced operations in December 2009. The company provides management services through its subsidiary BHCMC, LLC, a Kansas limited liability company jointly owned by BNSC and BHC Investment Company, L.C. (BHCI). The company provides these management services and advances through its subsidiary, Butler National Service Corporation (BNSC). The company is providing consulting and construction management services for the development of the Stables Casino.
Butler National Corporation was founded in 1960.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BUTLER NATIONAL CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BUTLER NATIONAL CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BUTLER NATIONAL CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BUTLER NATIONAL CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BUTLER NATIONAL CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Butler National Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Butler National Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Butler National Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Butler National Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Aerospace and Defense Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Butler National Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. BUTLER NATIONAL CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BUTLER NATIONAL CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BUTLER NATIONAL CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BUTLER NATIONAL CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BUTLER NATIONAL CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BUTLER NATIONAL CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Butler National Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Butler National Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Butler National Corp. Major Shareholders
Butler National Corp. History
Butler National Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Butler National Corp. Offices and Representations
Butler National Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Butler National Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Butler National Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Butler National Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Aerospace and Defense Industry Statistics
Butler National Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Butler National Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Butler National Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Butler National Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Butler National Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Butler National Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Butler National Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Butler National Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?