- The report contains detailed information about American Science & Engineering Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for American Science & Engineering Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The American Science & Engineering Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes American Science & Engineering Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of American Science & Engineering Inc. business.
About American Science & Engineering Inc.
American Science and Engineering, Inc. engages in the development, manufacture, marketing, and sale of X-ray inspection and other detection solutions for homeland security and other targeted markets. The company provides maintenance, warranty, research, engineering, and training services related to these solutions.
The company manufactures X-ray inspection products that can be used to inspect parcels, baggage, vehicles, pallets, cargo containers, and people. Its products are used by these customers to help combat terrorism, trade fraud, drug trafficking, weapons smuggling, and illegal immigration. The companys products are also used for military force protection and general facility security.
Products and Systems
The companys products and services can be grouped into five different areas: CargoSearch Inspection Systems; Z Backscatter Systems; ParcelSearch and Personnel Screening Inspection Systems; Contract Research and Development; and Service and Support.
CargoSearch Inspection Systems
The CargoSearch family of systems includes non-intrusive inspection products which are primarily used for the screening of trucks, cars, cargo containers, pallets, and air cargo at locations, including border crossings, seaports, military bases, airports, and cargo and transportation hubs. The CargoSearch systems are designed to combat trade fraud, drug trafficking, weapons smuggling, and terrorism. The CargoSearch family consists of:
OmniView Gantry System: This is a multi-view, relocatable high-energy cargo and vehicle inspection system. This system combines six MeV high-energy transmission imaging and three Z Backscatter X-ray views for left, right and top-side imaging of cargo. The OmniView Gantry System utilizes the companys patented Shaped Energy technology to penetrate densely loaded cargo containers. The systems multiple Z Backscatter views of the cargo improve detection while facilitating interpretation of the X-ray image. The OmniView Gantry Systems scanning platform operates by moving on rails over stationary vehicles and cargo. The system is bi-directional allowing for a throughput of approximately 25 trucks per hour. OmniView Gantry is ideal for ports, borders, and high-threat facilities.
Z Portal System: This is a multi-view, high throughput, drive-through inspection system capable of scanning cargo and vehicles for threats and contraband. The Z Portal System is available in two basic configurations: a large tunnel version for screening trucks, buses, and cargo containers; and a small tunnel version for scanning passenger vehicles. The relocatable Z Portal System can be installed with one, two or three Z Backscatter X-ray modules, allowing for left, right, and/or top-side imaging of the vehicle under examination. The images produced by the Z Portal System are ideal for the detection of organic materials, including explosives, drugs, alcohol, tobacco, and stowaways. The Z Portal System is suited for scanning vehicles at border crossings, high threat facilities, and other vehicle entry checkpoints.
Z Gantry System: This is a multi-view Z Backscatter inspection system capable of scanning cars, vans, trucks, and their cargo for concealed threats and contraband in a gantry configuration. The relocatable Z Gantry System is configured with three Z Backscatter imaging modules, allowing a left, right, and top view of the vehicle under examination. The rail-mounted Z Gantry System moves over the top of stationary vehicles and cargo while scanning for threats and illegal goods, such as stowaways, explosives, drugs, and alcohol.
Sentry Portal System: This is a high-throughput drive through transmission X-ray inspection system designed to screen cargo for security threats and contraband. The Sentry Portal System enables high volume scanning while producing a transmission image able to penetrate 12 inches (300 mm) of steel required for the inspection of densely loaded cargo containers.
MobileSearch HE (High-Energy): This is a mobile inspection system for scanning trucks, cargo containers, and vehicles which utilizes both high energy transmission imaging and Z Backscatter imaging for contraband and threat
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AMERICAN SCIENCE & ENGINEERING INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AMERICAN SCIENCE & ENGINEERING INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AMERICAN SCIENCE & ENGINEERING INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AMERICAN SCIENCE & ENGINEERING INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AMERICAN SCIENCE & ENGINEERING INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. American Science & Engineering Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of American Science & Engineering Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of American Science & Engineering Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. American Science & Engineering Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Aerospace and Defense Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. American Science & Engineering Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. AMERICAN SCIENCE & ENGINEERING INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AMERICAN SCIENCE & ENGINEERING INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AMERICAN SCIENCE & ENGINEERING INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AMERICAN SCIENCE & ENGINEERING INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AMERICAN SCIENCE & ENGINEERING INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AMERICAN SCIENCE & ENGINEERING INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
American Science & Engineering Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
American Science & Engineering Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
American Science & Engineering Inc. Major Shareholders
American Science & Engineering Inc. History
American Science & Engineering Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
American Science & Engineering Inc. Offices and Representations
American Science & Engineering Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
American Science & Engineering Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
American Science & Engineering Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
American Science & Engineering Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Aerospace and Defense Industry Statistics
American Science & Engineering Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
American Science & Engineering Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
American Science & Engineering Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
American Science & Engineering Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
American Science & Engineering Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
American Science & Engineering Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
American Science & Engineering Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
American Science & Engineering Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?