- The report contains detailed information about Geomet, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Geomet, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Geomet, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Geomet, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Geomet, Inc. business.
About Geomet, Inc.
GeoMet, Inc., an independent energy company, engages in the exploration for and development and production of natural gas from coal seams and non-conventional shallow gas. The companys principal operations and producing properties are located in the Cahaba Basin in Alabama and the central Appalachian Basin in West Virginia and Virginia. It also controls additional coalbed methane and oil and gas development rights, principally in Alabama, British Columbia, Virginia, and West Virginia.
As of December 31, 2009, the company controlled a total of approximately 187,000 net acres of coalbed methane (CBM) and oil and gas development rights; and had proved natural gas reserves of 209 billion cubic feet.
Areas of Operation
The company holds the development rights to approximately 40,000 net CBM acres throughout the Gurnee field in the Cahaba Basin of central Alabama. The company is the operator and owns a 100% working interest in the area. As of December 31, 2009, it had 245 productive wells in the Gurnee field. The company extracts gas from 6 coal groups within the Pottsville coal formation at depths ranging from 700 feet to 3,400 feet. It owns and operates an approximate 38.5-mile pipeline from the Cahaba Basin to the Black Warrior River for the disposal of produced water. This pipeline has a maximum design capacity of approximately 45,000 barrels of water per day. It controls and operates a 17.3-mile, 12-inch high pressure steel pipeline and a gas treatment and compression facility through which the company gathers, dehydrates, and compresses its gas for delivery into the Southern Natural Gas pipeline system.
The Garden City Chattanooga Shale prospect is located in north central Alabama. As of December 31, 2009, the company had approximately 62,000 net acres of leasehold.
In the Pond Creek field in the central Appalachian Basin of southern West Virginia and southwestern Virginia, the company has the rights to develop approximately 33,000 net CBM acres. As of December 31, 2009, the company was the operator and owned an average 99% working interest in 245 gross productive wells in the Pond Creek field. The company extracts gas from an average of 12 coal seams within the Pocahontas and New River coal formations at depths ranging from 430 feet to 2,400 feet. Its gas from the Pond Creek field is gathered into its central dehydration and compression facilities and delivered into the Jewell Ridge pipeline system owned by East Tennessee Natural Gas, LLC (ETNG).
In the Lasher field in the central Appalachian Basin of southern West Virginia, the company has the rights to develop approximately 8,000 net CBM acres. As of December 31, 2009, the company was the operator and owned a 100% working interest in 18 productive wells. Its gas from the Lasher field is delivered into a Columbia Gas Transmission pipeline.
The companys Peace River Project comprises approximately 25,000 net acres along the Peace River near Hudsons Hope, British Columbia. It has drilled 4 core holes targeting the medium volatile bituminous rank Lower Cretaceous Gething coals. As of December 31, 2009, the company owned a 50% working interest in 8 gross productive wells and was the operator. Its gas from Peace River is delivered on a Spectra Energy Corp pipeline.
GeoMet, Inc. was founded in 1985.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GEOMET, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GEOMET, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GEOMET, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GEOMET, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GEOMET, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Geomet, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Geomet, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Geomet, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Geomet, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Geomet, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. GEOMET, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GEOMET, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GEOMET, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GEOMET, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GEOMET, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GEOMET, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Geomet, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Geomet, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Geomet, Inc. Major Shareholders
Geomet, Inc. History
Geomet, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Geomet, Inc. Offices and Representations
Geomet, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Geomet, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Geomet, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Geomet, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Geomet, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Geomet, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Geomet, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Geomet, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Geomet, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Geomet, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Geomet, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Geomet, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?