- The report contains detailed information about NuStar Energy L.P. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for NuStar Energy L.P.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The NuStar Energy L.P. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes NuStar Energy L.P. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of NuStar Energy L.P. business.
About NuStar Energy L.P.
NuStar Energy L.P. engages in the terminalling and storage of petroleum products, and the transportation of petroleum products, as well as marketing of anhydrous ammonia, asphalt, and fuel products. The company conducts its operations through its wholly owned subsidiaries, primarily NuStar Logistics, L.P. (NuStar Logistics) and NuStar Pipeline Operating Partnership L.P. (NuPOP). Riverwalk Logistics, L.P. serves as the general partner of the company.
The company operates in three segments, including Storage, Transportation, and Asphalt and Fuels Marketing.
This segment includes terminal facilities that provide storage and handling services on a fee basis for petroleum products, specialty chemicals, crude oil and other liquids and crude oil storage tanks used to store and deliver crude oil. In addition, the companys terminals located on the island of St. Eustatius, the Netherlands Antilles and Point Tupper, Nova Scotia provide services, such as pilotage, tug assistance, line handling, launch service, emergency response services, and other ship services.
As of December 31, 2009, the company owned and operated 49 terminals in the United States, with a total storage capacity of approximately 36.4 million barrels; a terminal on the island of St. Eustatius, Netherlands Antilles with a tank capacity of 13.0 million barrels and a transshipment facility; a terminal located in Point Tupper, Nova Scotia with a tank capacity of 7.4 million barrels and a transshipment facility; 6 terminals located in the United Kingdom and 1 terminal located in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, having a total storage capacity of approximately 9.5 million barrels; a terminal located in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico; and 60 crude oil and intermediate feedstock storage tanks and related assets in Texas and California with aggregate storage capacity of approximately 12.5 million barrels.
St. Eustatius, Netherlands Antilles: The company owns and operates a 13.0 million barrel petroleum storage and terminalling facility located on the island of St. Eustatius, the Netherlands Antilles, which is located at a point of minimal deviation from major shipping routes. This facility is capable of handling a range of petroleum products, including crude oil and refined products, and it can accommodate tankers for loading and discharging crude oil and other petroleum products. The St. Eustatius facility has a total of 58 tanks. This unit is capable of processing approximately 25,000 barrels per day of feedstock, ranging from condensates to heavy crude oil. The company owns and operates all of the berthing facilities at the St. Eustatius terminal.
Point Tupper, Nova Scotia: The company owns and operates a 7.4 million barrel terminalling and storage facility located at Point Tupper on the Strait of Canso, near Port Hawkesbury, Nova Scotia, which is located approximately 700 miles from New York City and 850 miles from Philadelphia. It also charters tugs, mooring launches and other vessels to assist with the movement of vessels through the Strait of Canso and the safe berthing of vessels at the terminal facility.
Piney Point, Maryland: The companys terminal and storage facility in Piney Point, Maryland is located on approximately 400 acres on the Potomac River. The Piney Point terminal has approximately 5.4 million barrels of storage capacity in 28 tanks and is the closest deep-water facility to Washington, D.C. The terminal stores petroleum products consisting primarily of fuel oils and asphalt. The terminal has a dock with a 36-foot draft for tankers and 4 berths for barges. It also has truck-loading facilities, product-blending capabilities and is connected to a pipeline that supplies residual fuel oil to two power generating stations.
St. James, Louisiana: The companys St. James terminal has 29 crude oil storage tanks with a total capacity of approximately 4.9 million barrels. Additionally, the facility has a rail-loading facility and three docks with barge and ship access. The facility is located on almost 900 acres of land, some of which is undeveloped land.
Linden, New Jersey: The company owns 50% of ST Linden
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NUSTAR ENERGY L.P. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NUSTAR ENERGY L.P. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NUSTAR ENERGY L.P. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NUSTAR ENERGY L.P. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NUSTAR ENERGY L.P. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. NuStar Energy L.P. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of NuStar Energy L.P. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of NuStar Energy L.P. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. NuStar Energy L.P. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. NuStar Energy L.P. Industry Position Analysis
6. NUSTAR ENERGY L.P. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NUSTAR ENERGY L.P. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NUSTAR ENERGY L.P. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NUSTAR ENERGY L.P. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NUSTAR ENERGY L.P. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NUSTAR ENERGY L.P. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
NuStar Energy L.P. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
NuStar Energy L.P. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
NuStar Energy L.P. Major Shareholders
NuStar Energy L.P. History
NuStar Energy L.P. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
NuStar Energy L.P. Offices and Representations
NuStar Energy L.P. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
NuStar Energy L.P. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
NuStar Energy L.P. Capital Market Snapshot
NuStar Energy L.P. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
NuStar Energy L.P. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
NuStar Energy L.P. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
NuStar Energy L.P. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
NuStar Energy L.P. 1-year Stock Charts
NuStar Energy L.P. 5-year Stock Charts
NuStar Energy L.P. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
NuStar Energy L.P. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
NuStar Energy L.P. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?