- The report contains detailed information about The Babcock & Wilcox Company that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for The Babcock & Wilcox Company. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The The Babcock & Wilcox Company financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes The Babcock & Wilcox Company competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of The Babcock & Wilcox Company business.
About The Babcock & Wilcox Company
The Babcock & Wilcox Company operates as a specialty manufacturer of nuclear components. The company provides various products and services to customers in the power and other steam-using industries, including electric utilities, and other power generators, industrial customers in various other industries, and the U.S. Government.
The company operates in two segments, Power Generation Systems and Government Operations.
Power Generation Systems
This segment designs, engineers, manufactures, supplies, constructs and maintains power generation systems and environmental control systems, primarily for utility and industrial customers. It provides related aftermarket parts and services.
Power Generation Systems segment includes the business and operations of Babcock & Wilcox Power Generation Group, Inc. (B&W PGG). Through this segment, the company supplies boilers fired with fossil fuels, such as coal, oil and natural gas, or renewable fuels, such as biomass, municipal solid waste and concentrated solar energy. In addition, it supplies commercial nuclear steam generators and components, environmental equipment and components, and related services to customers in different regions worldwide. The company offers utility and industrial power generation systems, including boilers used to generate steam in electric power plants, pulp and paper making, chemical, and process applications and other industrial uses.
The company focuses on the fabrication of products used in the power generation industry and various other industries and the provision of related services, including heavy-pressure equipment for energy conversion, such as boilers fueled by coal, oil, bitumen, natural gas, solid municipal waste, biomass and other fuels; environmental control systems, including both wet and dry scrubbers for flue gas desulfurization, modules for selective catalytic reduction of the oxides of nitrogen, equipment to capture particulate matter, such as fabric-filter baghouses and wet and dry electrostatic precipitators, and similar devices; engineered-to-order services, products and systems for energy conversion worldwide and related auxiliary equipment, such as burners, pulverizers, soot blowers and ash handling systems; steam generators, heat exchangers, reactor vessel closure heads and electromechanical devices for commercial nuclear power plants; and power plant equipment and related heavy mechanical erection services.
The company supports operating plants with various additional services, including the installation of new systems and replacement parts, engineering services, construction, maintenance and field technical services, such as condition assessments and inventory services to help customers respond quickly to plant interruptions. Its range of construction and installation services include erection of utility and industrial boiler plants, installations of cogeneration facilities and installations of pollution control equipment, such as selective catalytic reduction systems and flue gas desulfurization scrubbers. The company also provides power through cogeneration, refuse-fueled power plants and other independent power-producing facilities and participates in this market as contractors for engineer-procure-construct services, as equipment suppliers, as operations and maintenance contractors and as an owner.
Government Operations segment manufactures nuclear components and provides various services to the U.S. Government, including uranium processing, environmental site restoration services, and management and operating services for various U.S. Government-owned facilities. These services are provided to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), including the NNSA, the Office of Nuclear Energy, the Office of Science and the Office of Environmental Management.
Government Operations segment manages and operates nuclear facilities and associated plant infrastructure; manufactures components and assembles/dismantles nuclear devices; constructs large capital facilities; provides safeguards and security for inventory and assets; supports and conducts research and development for advance
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. THE BABCOCK & WILCOX COMPANY COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. THE BABCOCK & WILCOX COMPANY BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. THE BABCOCK & WILCOX COMPANY SWOT ANALYSIS
4. THE BABCOCK & WILCOX COMPANY FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. THE BABCOCK & WILCOX COMPANY COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. The Babcock & Wilcox Company Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of The Babcock & Wilcox Company and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of The Babcock & Wilcox Company and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. The Babcock & Wilcox Company Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Electrical Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. The Babcock & Wilcox Company Industry Position Analysis
6. THE BABCOCK & WILCOX COMPANY NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. THE BABCOCK & WILCOX COMPANY EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. THE BABCOCK & WILCOX COMPANY ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. THE BABCOCK & WILCOX COMPANY IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. THE BABCOCK & WILCOX COMPANY PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. THE BABCOCK & WILCOX COMPANY VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
The Babcock & Wilcox Company Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
The Babcock & Wilcox Company Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
The Babcock & Wilcox Company Major Shareholders
The Babcock & Wilcox Company History
The Babcock & Wilcox Company Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
The Babcock & Wilcox Company Offices and Representations
The Babcock & Wilcox Company SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
The Babcock & Wilcox Company Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
The Babcock & Wilcox Company Capital Market Snapshot
The Babcock & Wilcox Company Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Electrical Equipment Industry Statistics
The Babcock & Wilcox Company Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
The Babcock & Wilcox Company Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
The Babcock & Wilcox Company Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
The Babcock & Wilcox Company 1-year Stock Charts
The Babcock & Wilcox Company 5-year Stock Charts
The Babcock & Wilcox Company vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
The Babcock & Wilcox Company vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
The Babcock & Wilcox Company Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?