- The report contains detailed information about A123 Systems, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for A123 Systems, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The A123 Systems, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes A123 Systems, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of A123 Systems, Inc. business.
About A123 Systems, Inc.
A123 Systems, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, and sells rechargeable lithium-ion batteries and battery systems.
The companys product offerings include batteries in various sizes and forms, as well as packaged modules and battery systems. The platform for battery and battery system development is its patented nanophosphate material.
The company offers a portfolio of batteries based on its nanophosphate technology for application development in the transportation, electric grid services, and consumer markets.
APR18650. The APR18650 (18 mm in diameter, 65 mm in height) has a similar design as the ANR26650, but comes in a smaller, industry-standard package. This battery is used in DeWalt's 18V Nano line of power tools.
ANR26650: The company originally developed the ANR26650 (26 mm in diameter, 65 mm in height) for DeWalt's 36V series of professional power tools. This battery offers a combination of power and energy that allows it to be used in a set of applications, including power tools, BAE Systems' Hybridrive system for the Daimler Orion VII hybrid-electric bus and AES's Smart Grid Stabilization Systems.
AHR32113: The AHR32113 (32 mm in diameter, 113 mm in height) is designed for high-power HEV applications. The AHR32113 is designed to address markets where power is the main requirement and where cost per unit of power is the key metric. This battery is in production for hybrid systems produced by Magna Steyr. The company has developed a new version of the AHR32113, Gen 2. The Gen 2 has been sourced for hybrid electric vehicles (HEV) programs, including those produced by BMW, Magna Steyr, and Delphi for SAIC.
APP72161227: The APP72161277 (7.2 mm thick, 161 mm wide, 227 mm in height) is designed for high-power plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) and electric vehicle (EV) applications. The companys 20Ah building block for PHEV and EV applications is in low-volume manufacturing. This prismatic cell is a long-life lithium-ion energy storage solution for next-generation applications and would be used in the Fisker Karma PHEV.
The companys energy solutions group offers various packaged systems, as well as sub-module building blocks for battery system development. Its development of integrated systems includes packaging of its batteries and power electronics, safety systems, thermal management, testing, production, and qualification. The company designs standard systems, as well as custom systems using a modular design based on standard building blocks. It manufactures various battery systems, in which batteries are connected in various configurations to meet the design requirements of specific applications.
The companys prismatic battery system's design allows for various battery configurations, providing pack design versatility for the automotive market. Its battery systems are engineered to incorporate safety and control features that extend life and improve performance. Module-level fusing, temperature sensing and other safety controls provide additional containment safeguards to isolate and protect against cell-level failure. Active overvoltage protection provides monitoring and balancing of individual series elements to protect cells from abuse and to extend life. These battery systems are designed to accommodate either liquid or air-cooled thermal management systems, and have mechanical structures designed to withstand the harsh vibration and mechanical shock environment of automotive applications.
BAE Systems Energy Storage Solution: The company produces an energy storage solution for BAE Systems' HybriDrive drive train for the Daimler Orion VII hybrid-electric bus. This 180 kW system incorporates its ANR26650 batteries into sub-modules that include a redundant, fault-tolerant design.
Hymotion L5 Battery Range Extender Module: Through its Hymotion brand, the company offers an aftermarket conversion module to augment the performance of a standard Toyota Prius HEV through the 2009 model year, turning it into a PHEV capable of approximately 100 miles per gallon. This module provides fleets and consumers with a PHEV option.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. A123 SYSTEMS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. A123 SYSTEMS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. A123 SYSTEMS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. A123 SYSTEMS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. A123 SYSTEMS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. A123 Systems, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of A123 Systems, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of A123 Systems, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. A123 Systems, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Electrical Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. A123 Systems, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. A123 SYSTEMS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. A123 SYSTEMS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. A123 SYSTEMS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. A123 SYSTEMS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. A123 SYSTEMS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. A123 SYSTEMS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
A123 Systems, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
A123 Systems, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
A123 Systems, Inc. Major Shareholders
A123 Systems, Inc. History
A123 Systems, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
A123 Systems, Inc. Offices and Representations
A123 Systems, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
A123 Systems, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
A123 Systems, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
A123 Systems, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Electrical Equipment Industry Statistics
A123 Systems, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
A123 Systems, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
A123 Systems, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
A123 Systems, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
A123 Systems, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
A123 Systems, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
A123 Systems, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
A123 Systems, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?