- The report contains detailed information about Lighting Science Group Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Lighting Science Group Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Lighting Science Group Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Lighting Science Group Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Lighting Science Group Corporation business.
About Lighting Science Group Corporation
Lighting Science Group Corporation engages in the design, development, manufacture, and marketing of a range of lighting devices and systems that use light emitting diodes (LEDs) as the light source.
The companys product line is comprised of a range of LED based retrofit lamps and luminaires (lighting fixtures) designed and engineered for applications in the four major market segments. The products can be designed into lamps and luminaires with specific light color, lumen output, light distribution, control features (such as dimming), and form factors, enabling lighting application requirements to be met.
LED Retrofit Lamps: The company offers a range of LED retrofit lamps or bulbs that the are replacements for traditional reflector and globe incandescent and incandescent halogen lamps such as PAR38, PAR30, PAR20, MR16, A19 and G25 types. The company sells LED retrofit lamps directly to end users under the Lighting Science brand and also to OEMs for resale under their respective brands.
Infrastructure: The company also offers a line of LED luminaires, or fixtures, which makes them for use in parking garages, warehouses, and manufacturing areas. The companys product range includes the PROLIFIC Series Roadway Luminaire developed for use in certain street lighting applications, and the Pyramid Low Bay, Flat Low Bay and BAYLUME luminaires for use in parking garages and other area lighting. The ShoeBox and WallPack LED luminaires are designed for area and pathway and security lighting, respectively. The PROLIFIC Series Roadway Luminaires produce between 80 to approximately 90 lumens per watt depending on the model. Its installations in 2009 include the installation of low bay luminaires in six parking garages at Arizona State University, Tempe Campus and a parking garage for American Airlines.
The company also entered into a development agreement with NASA to help develop, prototype and test the lighting platforms for space craft, which is a two year program. The company is also a participant in a NASA grant for the study of UV LED systems in water purification, which is a one year program.
Retail/Shop Lighting: The company designs, develops, manufactures, and markets the SYMETRIE line of LED luminaires for retail display applications in various profiles and lengths and in select color temperatures ranging from cool to warm. These products include its Flat, Slim, Round, and Corner profile luminaires. The company also manufactures and markets a range of LED-based spot, accent, recessed, pendant, and track lighting, such as the CYCLOS, NISSI and FRAGMA luminaires for retail store applications offering uniform illumination and an alternative to incandescent halogen lighting.
Architectural Accent: The company offers architectural and architainment LED lighting devices, including the Color Tile, FLEXILUME, XTREMETUBE, High Power Linear, DOTZ, COOLGRID and Flat RGB luminaires. These products help architects, lighting designers, and builders enhance building structures with light, color, movement and video in both interior and exterior applications.
LED Light Engines and Modules: The company offers white light and RGB LED modules under the ATLAS and TITAN trademarks. These LED modules are used by original equipment manufacturers and lighting companies in their LED lighting systems. The company also sells custom designed light engines for integration into existing light fixtures and newly designed LED luminaires.
Custom Solutions: The company offers LED lighting systems or solutions for a range of customers. The companys custom design capabilities combine project management, system integration, and advanced control systems and software to create desired lighting effects for architects and light designers. The companys design and development expertise covers a range of custom lighting systems, including LED light engines for existing applications to new LED lighting applications that exploit the characteristics of LEDs.
The companys target markets include public and private infrastructure, retail and hospitality, commercial and industrial, and architectural and architainment.
The company use LEDs produced by Nichia, Citizen, Philips Lumileds, Osram Opto Semiconductor and various other companies.
The companys competitors include General Electric, Matsushita, Osram Sylvania, and Philips Lighting.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LIGHTING SCIENCE GROUP CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LIGHTING SCIENCE GROUP CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LIGHTING SCIENCE GROUP CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LIGHTING SCIENCE GROUP CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LIGHTING SCIENCE GROUP CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Lighting Science Group Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Lighting Science Group Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Lighting Science Group Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Lighting Science Group Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Electrical Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Lighting Science Group Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. LIGHTING SCIENCE GROUP CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LIGHTING SCIENCE GROUP CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LIGHTING SCIENCE GROUP CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LIGHTING SCIENCE GROUP CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LIGHTING SCIENCE GROUP CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LIGHTING SCIENCE GROUP CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Lighting Science Group Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Lighting Science Group Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Lighting Science Group Corporation Major Shareholders
Lighting Science Group Corporation History
Lighting Science Group Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Lighting Science Group Corporation Offices and Representations
Lighting Science Group Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Lighting Science Group Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Lighting Science Group Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Lighting Science Group Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Electrical Equipment Industry Statistics
Lighting Science Group Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Lighting Science Group Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Lighting Science Group Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Lighting Science Group Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Lighting Science Group Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Lighting Science Group Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Lighting Science Group Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Lighting Science Group Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?