- The report contains detailed information about US Home Systems Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for US Home Systems Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The US Home Systems Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes US Home Systems Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of US Home Systems Inc. business.
About US Home Systems Inc.
U.S. Home Systems, Inc. engages in the specialty product home improvement business. The company manufactures or procures, designs, sells, and installs custom quality, specialty home improvement products.
Products and Services
The companys principal product lines include custom kitchen and bathroom cabinet refacing products, laminate and solid-surface countertop products, and organizational storage systems for closets and garages. It markets, sells, and installs its products and installed services through The Home Depot under a service provider agreement (SPA). As of December 31, 2009, its home improvement business served The Home Depot in 42 major markets covering 27 states. Its kitchen products are available in all 42 markets encompassing approximately 1,660 The Home Depot stores. The companys home improvement products are marketed under the The Home Depot Kitchen and Bathroom Refacing brand.
Kitchen Refacing: Kitchen cabinet refacing is a remodeling technique in which existing cabinetry framework is retained with exposed surfaces being changed. Under its cabinet refacing system, cabinet doors, drawer fronts and drawer boxes are replaced, hardware is replaced, and exposed cabinet surfaces are covered with matching veneer or laminate. The company also provides matching valances, molding, space organizers, lazy susans, slide-out shelving, and countertops, which include laminate and solid-surface tops, including Corian, Silestone, and granite. The companys cabinet doors and drawer fronts are available in either wood or thermofoil. Wood products are available in oak, maple, cherry, bamboo, and poplar wood and are available in various designs. In addition, its wood cabinet doors are available in various paint and stain colors.
Bathroom Refacing: The companys bathroom remodeling products include acrylic tub liners and wall surrounds, vanity cabinetry refacing, and shower doors. With the exception of the vanity cabinetry refacing, the company purchases its bathroom remodeling products from unaffiliated suppliers and performs installation services.
Home Organization Products: The companys home organization product line includes garage and closet organization systems. The garage organization product offers its customers a solution for organizing their garages such that they are able to make this part of the house multi-functionalfor parking automobiles. Grooves in these slot walls can provide support for hanging accessories (hooks, shelves, baskets), and cabinets provide for storage. Special purpose pre-packaged kits (stations) cater to specific needs (such as gardening station and kids station) of families. Accessories for the ceiling offer additional storage options. Also, floor tiles made of heavy duty vinyl offer different design options to modify the look of the garage floor.
The companys closet organization product provides a solution for organizing the closet space through a combination of shelves, drawers, hang rods, and other accessories. Customers can choose from either pre-packaged configurations of towers with shelves and drawers or design their own layout. Various accessories, such as tie-racks, shoe-shelves, and jewelry drawers offer additional options for the customers for organizing their closets. It also offers home storage organization products in certain The Home Depot markets. As of December 31, 2009, the company offered home organization system products in 25 markets.
N-Hance Product: N-Hance is a wood kitchen cabinet and wood floor refinishing system utilizing a proprietary process involving the application of N-Hance cleaners, neutralizers, repair/fillers, coloring agents, sealers, and finishes.
The companys competitors include Sears and Lowes.
U.S. Home Systems, Inc. was founded in 1980.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. US HOME SYSTEMS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. US HOME SYSTEMS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. US HOME SYSTEMS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. US HOME SYSTEMS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. US HOME SYSTEMS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. US Home Systems Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of US Home Systems Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of US Home Systems Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. US Home Systems Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Building Products & Construction Materials Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. US Home Systems Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. US HOME SYSTEMS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. US HOME SYSTEMS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. US HOME SYSTEMS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. US HOME SYSTEMS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. US HOME SYSTEMS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. US HOME SYSTEMS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
US Home Systems Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
US Home Systems Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
US Home Systems Inc. Major Shareholders
US Home Systems Inc. History
US Home Systems Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
US Home Systems Inc. Offices and Representations
US Home Systems Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
US Home Systems Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
US Home Systems Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
US Home Systems Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Building Products & Construction Materials Industry Statistics
US Home Systems Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
US Home Systems Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
US Home Systems Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
US Home Systems Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
US Home Systems Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
US Home Systems Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
US Home Systems Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
US Home Systems Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?