- The report contains detailed information about Builders FirstSource, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Builders FirstSource, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Builders FirstSource, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Builders FirstSource, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Builders FirstSource, Inc. business.
About Builders FirstSource, Inc.
Builders FirstSource, Inc. engages in the manufacture and supply of structural and related building products for residential new construction in the southern and eastern United States.
Products and Services
The company offers an integrated solution to its customers providing manufacturing, supply, and installation of a range of structural and related building products. It distributes various building products and services directly to homebuilder customers. In addition, the company manufactures floor trusses, roof trusses, wall panels, stairs, millwork, windows, and doors. In addition to its range of construction services, the company offers an offering of products that includes approximately 65,000 stock keeping units (SKUs).
The company groups its building products and services into five product categories: prefabricated components, windows & doors, lumber & lumber sheet goods, millwork, and other building products & services.
Prefabricated Components: Prefabricated components are factory-built substitutes for job site-framing and include floor trusses, roof trusses, wall panels, stairs, and engineered wood that the company designs and cuts for each home. The companys manufactured prefabricated components allow builders to build homes.
Windows & Doors: The windows & doors category comprises the manufacturing, assembly, and distribution of windows, and the assembly and distribution of interior and exterior door units. The company manufactures aluminum and vinyl windows in its plant in Houston, Texas which allows it to supply builders, primarily in the Texas market, with a supply of products. Its pre-hung interior and exterior doors consist of a door slab with hinges and door jambs attached.
Lumber & Lumber Sheet Goods: Lumber & lumber sheet goods include dimensional lumber, plywood and oriented strand board (OSB) products used in on-site house framing.
Millwork: Millwork includes interior trim, exterior trim, columns, and posts that the company distributes, as well as custom exterior features that the company manufactures under the Synboard brand name. Synboard is produced from extruded PVC.
Other Building Products & Services: Other building products & services consist of various products, including cabinets, gypsum, roofing and insulation. This category also includes services, such as turn-key framing, shell construction, design assistance, and professional installation of products spanning its product categories. The company provides professional installation and turn-key services as a solution for its homebuilder customers.
The company serves a customer base ranging from production homebuilders to small custom homebuilders. Its customer mix is a balance of national homebuilders, regional homebuilders, and local builders. The companys major customers primarily comprise the production homebuilders, such as Beazer Homes USA; D.R. Horton, Inc.; KB Home; Hovnanian Enterprises, Inc.; Pulte Homes, Inc. (including Centex Corp.); and The Ryland Group, Inc. In addition to the production homebuilders, the company also services and supplies regional and local custom homebuilders.
The companys major suppliers are national lumber and wood products producers and distributors, such as BlueLinx Holdings Inc., Boise Cascade Company, Great Southern Wood Preserve, U.S. Lumber, and Weyerhaeuser Company; and building products manufacturers, such as Masonite International Corporation, M I Windows and Doors, and Ply Gem Windows.
The companys competitors include 84 Lumber Co.; Stock Building Supply; and Pro-Build Holdings, Inc.
The company was founded in 1998. It was formerly known as BSL Holdings, Inc. and changed its name to Builders FirstSource, Inc. in 1999.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BUILDERS FIRSTSOURCE, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BUILDERS FIRSTSOURCE, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BUILDERS FIRSTSOURCE, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BUILDERS FIRSTSOURCE, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BUILDERS FIRSTSOURCE, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Builders FirstSource, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Builders FirstSource, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Builders FirstSource, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Builders FirstSource, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Building Products & Construction Materials Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Builders FirstSource, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. BUILDERS FIRSTSOURCE, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BUILDERS FIRSTSOURCE, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BUILDERS FIRSTSOURCE, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BUILDERS FIRSTSOURCE, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BUILDERS FIRSTSOURCE, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BUILDERS FIRSTSOURCE, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Builders FirstSource, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Builders FirstSource, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Builders FirstSource, Inc. Major Shareholders
Builders FirstSource, Inc. History
Builders FirstSource, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Builders FirstSource, Inc. Offices and Representations
Builders FirstSource, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Builders FirstSource, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Builders FirstSource, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Builders FirstSource, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Building Products & Construction Materials Industry Statistics
Builders FirstSource, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Builders FirstSource, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Builders FirstSource, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Builders FirstSource, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Builders FirstSource, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Builders FirstSource, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Builders FirstSource, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Builders FirstSource, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?