- The report contains detailed information about Coast Distribution System Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Coast Distribution System Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Coast Distribution System Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Coast Distribution System Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Coast Distribution System Inc. business.
About Coast Distribution System Inc.
The Coast Distribution System, Inc. operates as a wholesale supplier of replacement parts, supplies, and accessories for recreational vehicles (RVs) and boats in North America.
The company carries a line of approximately 12,000 RV and boating parts, supplies and accessories which it purchases from approximately 400 manufacturers. The RV products that the company distributes include antennae, vents, electrical items, towing equipment and hitches, appliances, such as air conditioners, refrigerators, ranges and generators, LP gas equipment, portable toilets and plumbing parts, hardware and tools, specialized recreational vehicle housewares, chemicals and supplies, and various accessories, such as ladders, jacks, fans, load stabilizers, outdoor furniture, mirrors, and compressors. Boating and marine products that the company distributes include boat covers, stainless steel hardware, depth sounders, anchors, life jackets and other marine safety equipment, and fishing equipment that are designed primarily for use on trailer-towable boats.
The company has introduced into the RV and boating aftermarkets various proprietary products, which are products that are manufactured specifically for it, often on an exclusive basis, by different independent manufacturers, based primarily in Asia. The proprietary products primarily include products that are needed or used by RV and boating customers on a regular or recurring basis, such as trailer hitches, plastic wastewater tanks, vent lids, stabilizing jacks, and battery boxes.
Markets and Customers
The company serves approximately 18,000 customers throughout the United States and Canada, from 13 regional distribution centers in the United States that are located in California, Texas, Oregon, Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Indiana, Pennsylvania, New York, Georgia, Florida, and Wisconsin; and 4 regional distribution centers in Canada located, respectively, in Montreal, Toronto, Calgary, and Vancouver.
The companys customers include primarily RV dealers, which purchase optional equipment and accessories for new recreational vehicles and replacement and repair parts for their service departments; independent RV supply stores and service centers that purchase parts, supplies and accessories for resale to owners of RVs and for their service centers; and independent boat dealers that purchase small accessories for new boats and replacement parts and boating supplies for resale to boat owners and operators. It markets and sells generators and certain other of its proprietary products to other distributors, national and regional home improvement and home accessories chains, catalogue stores, hardware stores, and agricultural equipment outlets, which operate within the outdoor power equipment market.
The companys suppliers include Airexcel, Inc. and Thule Towing Systems.
The Coast Distribution System, Inc. was founded in 1977.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. COAST DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. COAST DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. COAST DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. COAST DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. COAST DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Coast Distribution System Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Coast Distribution System Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Coast Distribution System Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Coast Distribution System Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Wholesale and Distribution Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Coast Distribution System Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. COAST DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. COAST DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. COAST DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. COAST DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. COAST DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. COAST DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Coast Distribution System Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Coast Distribution System Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Coast Distribution System Inc. Major Shareholders
Coast Distribution System Inc. History
Coast Distribution System Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Coast Distribution System Inc. Offices and Representations
Coast Distribution System Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Coast Distribution System Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Coast Distribution System Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Coast Distribution System Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Wholesale and Distribution Industry Statistics
Coast Distribution System Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Coast Distribution System Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Coast Distribution System Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Coast Distribution System Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Coast Distribution System Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Coast Distribution System Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Coast Distribution System Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Coast Distribution System Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?