- The report contains detailed information about Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, S.A. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, S.A.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, S.A. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, S.A. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, S.A. business.
About Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, S.A.
Fomento De Construcciones Y Contratas, S.A. operates as construction and service group primarily in Spain. The companys core business is to provide general services, which include mainly the collection and treatment of solid waste, the cleaning of public streets and drainage systems, the maintenance of green areas and buildings, water purification and distribution and other services. The company markets its services in European Union, U.S., and Latin-American markets.
The company also owns holdings in other Spanish and foreign companies and is the parent company of the FCC Group. The companys services portfolio includes the collection, treatment and elimination of solid urban waste, street cleaning, sewer maintenance, and parks maintenance. In this line of business, the FCC Group serves approximately 3,000 municipalities in Spain, France, the U.K., Portugal, Argentina, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Colombia, Chile, Brazil, and Egypt.
The companys activity is carried on mainly through three strategic business areas: Services, Construction, and Cement.
The companys services area specializes in environmental services, i.e. services related to urban cleaning, industrial waste treatment and the integral water cycle, and includes Versia, which provides various services, such as logistics, street furniture, passenger transport, vehicle roadworthiness tests, vehicle parking lots and ground aircraft and passenger handling, etc.
The Services unit groups together the various activities relating to urban cleaning, such as the collection and treatment of solid waste, the cleaning of roads and sewerage systems, the maintenance of green areas and offices, industrial waste treatment and the integral water cycle. These activities are performed through the Parent Company Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, S.A., FCC Medio Ambiente, S.A., Aqualia Gestión Integral del Agua and other subsidiaries of these companies and the Ambito brand.
Versia provides various services, such as vehicle parking lots, street furniture, advertising, passenger transport, vehicle roadworthiness tests, ground aircraft and passenger handling, and logistics services to companies from various industries. These activities are carried on mainly by FCC Versia, S.A. and subsidiaries and the Flightcare brand.
The companys construction area specializes in infrastructure construction projects, building construction and related activities, such as highways, freeways, roads, tunnels, bridges, waterworks, ports, airports, residential property developments, housing units, nonresidential building construction, lighting, industrial air conditioning and heating systems, environmental restoration, etc. The Construction area also encompasses the concession-holder companies (highways, tunnels, marinas, railways, trams and multiuse buildings). These activities are carried on by FCC Construccion, S.A. and subsidiaries.
The Construction area also includes companies holding administrative concessions for the construction and operation of various infrastructures, such as highways, tunnels, airports, marinas and tram lines, and the construction and operation of buildings for various uses.
The companys cement unit engages in the operation of quarries and mineral deposits, the manufacture of cement, lime, plaster and related pre-manufactured products and the production of concrete. The FCC Group is also active in the Real Estate industry, both through its 49.17% holding in Realia Business, S.A., with a presence in housing development and in the office and commercial premises lease market, and through the operation of the Torre Picasso building, which is 80%-owned by the Parent Company. These activities are performed by Cementos Portland Valderrivas, S.A. and Subsidiaries.
The company also operates in the real estate industry through Realia Business, S.A., a company in which the Group and Caja Madrid each have a 50% ownership interest. The real estate activity focuses on the operation of exceptional office buildings and shopping malls owned by Realia Business, S.A. and on the development of real estate products for their subsequent sale.
Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, S.A. has launched Global Via, a new concessions subsidiary. The new subsidiary is jointly owned by FCC and Spanish savings bank Caja Madrid.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FOMENTO DE CONSTRUCCIONES Y CONTRATAS, S.A. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FOMENTO DE CONSTRUCCIONES Y CONTRATAS, S.A. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FOMENTO DE CONSTRUCCIONES Y CONTRATAS, S.A. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FOMENTO DE CONSTRUCCIONES Y CONTRATAS, S.A. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FOMENTO DE CONSTRUCCIONES Y CONTRATAS, S.A. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, S.A. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, S.A. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, S.A. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, S.A. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Engineering and Construction Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, S.A. Industry Position Analysis
6. FOMENTO DE CONSTRUCCIONES Y CONTRATAS, S.A. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FOMENTO DE CONSTRUCCIONES Y CONTRATAS, S.A. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FOMENTO DE CONSTRUCCIONES Y CONTRATAS, S.A. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SPAIN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FOMENTO DE CONSTRUCCIONES Y CONTRATAS, S.A. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FOMENTO DE CONSTRUCCIONES Y CONTRATAS, S.A. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FOMENTO DE CONSTRUCCIONES Y CONTRATAS, S.A. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, S.A. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, S.A. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, S.A. Major Shareholders
Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, S.A. History
Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, S.A. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, S.A. Offices and Representations
Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, S.A. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, S.A. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, S.A. Capital Market Snapshot
Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, S.A. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Engineering and Construction Services Industry Statistics
Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, S.A. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, S.A. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, S.A. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, S.A. 1-year Stock Charts
Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, S.A. 5-year Stock Charts
Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, S.A. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, S.A. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, S.A. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?