Agriculture is a minor part of the United Arab Emirates economy, contributing less than five percent of GDP. The main cultivated plants are date trees which occupy the major part of harvested area in UAE.
Federal and emirate government supports agricultural sector by subsidizing it.
The major fruit crops are lemons and limes, mangoes, mangosteens, guavas, watermelons and citrus fruit. Production of fresh fruit was gradually increasing from 2006 to 2011.
Fresh fruit consumption relates to health awareness, obesity and overweight, which are current trends in UAE. The population consumes healthier alternatives to habitual food. Wealthier and older residents of UAE consume more fruit than the young and low-income residents.
Government regulations include Food Laws, Food Import Health Certificate, labeling regulations, and some initiatives.
Fresh fruit farms in Abu Dhabi represent two third of the total amount in UAE. Abu Dhabi Farmers Service Centre (ADFSC) provides management services to the farmers who live far away from their farms and don’t have an opportunity to manage farms productively.
- Brief country profile: general information, economic indicators, business environment
- Fresh fruit market overview: production and consumption of fresh fruit, market trends, government regulations and market perspectives
- Foreign trade data including fresh fruit export/import operations in United Arab Emirates, main trade partners, prices
- Major manufacturers and suppliers of fresh fruit in United Arab Emirates
- Consumers within the sector and the purchase activity monitoring
- Your knowledge of the market in the country will expand significantly
- You will receive information about economic, governmental, political and social background of the market giving you an opportunity to analyse all the factors influencing the market
- You can boost sales of the company significantly by obtaining the market analysis
- Major market players’ contacts and profiles will be useful for partnership development and the assessment of the competitive environment
The report can be further elaborated by the following materials:
1.1. General characteristics
1.2. Economic review
2. FRESH FRUIT MARKET IN UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
2.1. Overview of fresh fruit market
2.2. Producers of fresh fruit in United Arab Emirates, including contact details and product range
3. UNITED ARAB EMIRATES FOREIGN TRADE IN FRESH FRUIT
3.1. Export and import of fresh apples: volume, structure, dynamics
3.2. Export and import of fresh pears and quinces: volume, structure, dynamics
3.3. Export and import of fresh cherries: volume, structure, dynamics
3.4. Export and import of fresh peaches, nectarines: volume, structure, dynamics
3.5. Export and import of fresh plums, sloes: volume, structure, dynamics
3.6. Export and import of bananas, including plantains, fresh or dried: volume, structure, dynamics
3.7. Export and import of pineapples, fresh or dried: volume, structure, dynamics
3.8. Export and import of avocados, fresh or dried: volume, structure, dynamics
3.9. Export and import of guavas, mangoes and mangosteens, fresh or dried: volume, structure, dynamics
3.10. Export and import of melons, watermelons and papaws (papayas), fresh: volume, structure, dynamics
3.11. Export and import of fresh grapes: volume, structure, dynamics
3.12. Export and import of fresh kiwifruit: volume, structure, dynamics
3.13. Export and import of fresh pomegranates: volume, structure, dynamics
4. MAJOR WHOLESALERS AND TRADING COMPANIES IN UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
5. CONSUMERS OF FRESH FRUIT IN UNITED ARAB EMIRATES MARKET
5.1. Downstream markets of Fresh Fruit in United Arab Emirates
5.2. Fresh Fruit consumers in United Arab Emirates
Please note that Fresh Fruit Market in United Arab Emirates: Business Report 2017 is a half ready publication. It only requires updating with the help of new data that are constantly retrieved from Publisher’s databases and other sources. This updating process takes 3-5 business days after order is placed. Thus, our clients always obtain a revised and updated version of each report. Please also note that we do not charge for such an updating procedure. BAC Reports has information for more than 25,000 different products available but it is impossible to have all reports updated immediately. That is why it takes 3-5 days to update a report after an order is received.
The report can be further expanded by the following materials:
- United Arab Emirates: Country Business Profile 2017
Date: Jan, 2017 | Pages: 50 | Price: $300
This report is a comprehensive research about the conditions of doing business in United Arab Emirates.
The first chapter of the report contains general information on United Arab Emirates, including its geopolitical situation, administrative structure, political system and level of economic development. Special attention is delivered to peculiarities of negotiations conduct in United Arab Emirates.
The second part of the report focuses on macroeconomic indexes of United Arab Emirates: GDP scope and dynamics, industrial production volume, foreign trade analysis, investment climate in the country etc.