Ukraine conducts fisheries operations in high seas, in the Black Sea and Azov Sea, and in national inland waters (reservoirs, lakes and rivers, as well as freshwater aquaculture).
Distant-water fisheries account for about 80 percent of the Ukraine catch. Fisheries and freshwater aquaculture are traditional occupations, especially for the population living in the coastal zone and near rivers, lakes and water reservoirs. Fish products play an important role in the nutrition of the Ukraine population and are considered strategically important food.
One of Ukrainian fisheries industry problems is the ageing of the fleet, where vessels are generally between 20 and 27 years old. That may result in scrapping of more than 90 percent of the fleet by 2015 since 2000. At present, only 7 Ukrainian large-tonnage vessels are between 2 and 8 years old. The development of fisheries in Ukraine suffers from high costs of materials and machinery, high credit costs, strict taxation, and shadow turnover of the capital.
During 2002-2010 direct foreign investments in the Ukrainian fishery sector were lower than in other sectors of the economy. But in 2011 the situation changed.
Sevastopol, Odessa region and Kiev are the main producers of fish and seafood in Ukraine because of the geographical situation and economic development of the regions. The consumption per capita varies from 7.8 to 20 kilograms.
The main fish exports include fresh and canned fish, filleted fish, caviar, frozen and preserved scallops.
The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine adopted the State Program on development of the Ukrainian fishery in 2012-2016.
There are fish producer associations in Ukraine. Industrial state-cooperative association Ukrribhoz is the largest of them. The main aim of this association is the interaction between producers of commodity fish and government, and to help the members in administrative, legal, information-marketing matters.
- Brief country profile: general information, economic indicators, business environment
- Fish and seafood market overview: production and consumption of fish and seafood, market trends, government regulations and market perspectives
- Foreign trade data including fish and seafood export/import operations in Ukraine, main trade partners, prices
- Major manufacturers and suppliers of fish and seafood in Ukraine
- Consumers within the sector and the purchase activity monitoring
- Your knowledge of the market in the country will expand significantly
- You will receive information about economic, governmental, political and social background of the market giving you an opportunity to analyse all the factors influencing the market
- You can boost sales of the company significantly by obtaining the market analysis
- Major market players’ contacts and profiles will be useful for partnership development and the assessment of the competitive environment
The report can be further elaborated by the following materials:
1.1. General characteristics
1.2. Economic review
2. FISH AND SEAFOOD MARKET IN UKRAINE
2.1. Overview of fish and seafood market
2.1.1. General characteristics of fish and seafood market in Ukraine
2.1.2. Production and consumption of fish and other seafood in Ukraine
2.1.3. Ukrainian National fish and other seafood legislation overview
2.2. Producers of fish and seafood in Ukraine, including contact details and product range
3. UKRAINE’S FOREIGN TRADE IN FISH AND SEAFOOD
3.1. Export and import of live fish, fresh and frozen fish: volume, structure, dynamics
3.2. Export and import of fish fillets: volume, structure, dynamics
3.3. Export and import of dried, salted or other cooked fish: volume, structure, dynamics
3.4. Export and import of prepared or preserved fish, caviar: volume, structure, dynamics
3.5. Export and import of fresh, frozen or preserved lobsters, crabs and other crustaceans: volume, structure, dynamics
3.6. Export and import of fresh, frozen or preserved mollusks: volume, structure, dynamics
4. MAJOR WHOLESALERS AND TRADING COMPANIES IN UKRAINE
5. CONSUMERS OF FISH AND SEAFOOD IN UKRAINE’S MARKET
5.1. Downstream markets of Fish and Seafood in Ukraine
5.2. Fish and Seafood consumers in Ukraine
Please note that Fish and Seafood Market in Ukraine: Business Report 2016 is a half ready publication. It only requires updating with the help of new data that are constantly retrieved from Publisher’s databases and other sources. This updating process takes 3-5 business days after order is placed. Thus, our clients always obtain a revised and updated version of each report. Please also note that we do not charge for such an updating procedure. BAC Reports has information for more than 25,000 different products available but it is impossible to have all reports updated immediately. That is why it takes 3-5 days to update a report after an order is received.
The report can be further expanded by the following materials:
- Ukraine: Country Business Profile 2016
Date: Jan, 2016 | Pages: 50 | Price: $300
This report is a comprehensive research about the conditions of doing business in Ukraine.
The first chapter of the report contains general information on Ukraine, including its geopolitical situation, administrative structure, political system and level of economic development. Special attention is delivered to peculiarities of negotiations conduct in Ukraine.
The second part of the report focuses on macroeconomic indexes of Ukraine: GDP scope and dynamics, industrial production volume, foreign trade analysis, investment climate in the country etc.