- The report contains detailed information about Cabela's Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Cabela's Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Cabela's Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Cabela's Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Cabela's Inc. business.
About Cabela's Inc.
Cabelas Incorporated operates as a specialty retailer. The company is a direct marketer, of hunting, fishing, camping, and related outdoor merchandise. The company also issues the Cabela's CLUB Visa credit card, which serves as its primary customer loyalty rewards program.
The company operates 30 retail stores, 29 in 21 states and one in Canada.
Direct Business: The companys Direct business uses catalogs and the Internet as marketing tools to generate sales orders via the Internet, telephone, and mail. In 2009, the company mailed approximately 130 million catalogs to 50 states and to approximately 190 countries. The company's master catalogs offer a range of products while specialty catalogs offer products focused on one outdoor activity, such as fly fishing, archery, or waterfowl, or one product category, such as womens clothing.
Financial Services Business
Through its wholly-owned subsidiary, World's Foremost Bank, the company issues and manages the Cabela's CLUB Visa card and related customer loyalty rewards program. The primary purpose of its Financial Services business is to provide its merchandise customers with a rewards program.
Cabelas CLUB Visa Card Loyalty Program: The Cabelas CLUB Visa card loyalty program is a rewards-based credit card program. The company's rewards program is a loyalty program that allows customers to earn points whenever and wherever they use their credit card and then redeem earned points for products and services at retail stores or through the company's direct business.
Products and Merchandising
The company offers its customers a selection of national and regional brand products, including its own Cabela's brand. The companys product offering includes merchandise and equipment for hunting, fishing, marine use, and camping, along with casual and outdoor apparel and footwear, optics, vehicle accessories, gifts and home furnishings with an outdoor theme, and furniture restoration related merchandise.
Hunting equipment: The company provides equipment, accessories, and consumable supplies for almost every type of hunting and sport shooting. Its hunting products are supported by services, such as gun bore sighting, scope mounting, and bow tuning to serve the complete needs of customers.
Fishing and marine equipment: The company provides products for fresh water fishing, fly-fishing, salt water fishing, and ice-fishing. In addition, the company's fishing and marine equipment offering features a selection of electronics, boats and accessories, canoes, kayaks, and other flotation accessories.
Camping gear and equipment: The company provides a selection of camping gear and equipment for various experience levels of outdoor enthusiasts. This product category includes a range of equipment and accessories supporting all outdoor activities, including food preparation, outdoor cooking, travel, and outdoor living. In this category the company also includes all-terrain vehicles, as well as accessories for automobiles and all-terrain vehicles.
Clothing and footwear: The company's clothing and footwear merchandise includes fieldwear and sportswear apparel and technical gear for the active outdoor enthusiast, as well as apparel and footwear for the casual customer.
Gifts and home furnishings: The company's gifts merchandise includes games, food assortments, books, jewelry, and art with outdoor themes. Home furnishings merchandise includes furnishings and accents with outdoor themes for the home and cabin, as well as restoration products. The company's home restoration products include unusual and hard-to-find antique furniture and vintage home restoration supplies.
Cabelas branded products: In addition to national brands, the company offers exclusive Cabelas branded merchandise. The company's Cabelas branded merchandise includes casual apparel and footwear, as well as in selected hard goods categories, such as camping, fishing, and optics.
Cabelas Incorporated was founded in 1961.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CABELA'S INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CABELA'S INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CABELA'S INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CABELA'S INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CABELA'S INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Cabela's Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Cabela's Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Cabela's Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Cabela's Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Cabela's Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CABELA'S INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CABELA'S INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CABELA'S INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CABELA'S INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CABELA'S INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CABELA'S INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Cabela's Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Cabela's Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Cabela's Inc. Major Shareholders
Cabela's Inc. History
Cabela's Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Cabela's Inc. Offices and Representations
Cabela's Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cabela's Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Cabela's Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Cabela's Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
Cabela's Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Cabela's Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Cabela's Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Cabela's Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Cabela's Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Cabela's Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Cabela's Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Cabela's Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?