- The report contains detailed information about Johnson Outdoors Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Johnson Outdoors Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Johnson Outdoors Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Johnson Outdoors Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Johnson Outdoors Inc. business.
About Johnson Outdoors Inc.
Johnson Outdoors Inc. engages in the manufacture and marketing of branded seasonal, outdoor recreation products used primarily for fishing, diving, paddling, and camping.
The companys Marine Electronic segment brands are Minn Kota battery-powered fishing motors for quiet trolling or primary propulsion; Humminbird sonar and GPS equipment for fishfinding and navigation; Cannon downriggers for controlled-depth fishing; and Geonav large, leisure boat navigation technology.
Marine Electronics brands and related accessories are sold across the globe, with majority of sales coming from North America through outdoor specialty retailers, such as Bass Pro Shops and Cabelas, retail store chains, marine products distributors, international distributors, and original equipment manufacturers (OEM), such as Ranger Boats and Skeeter Boats.
The companys Outdoor Equipment segment brands are Eureka! consumer, commercial and military tents and accessories, sleeping bags, camping furniture and other recreational camping products; Silva field compasses and digital instruments; and Tech40 performance measurement instruments.
Eureka! consumer tents, sleeping bags, camping furniture, and other recreational camping products are mid- to high-price range products sold in the U.S. and Canada through independent sales representatives, primarily to sporting goods stores, catalog and mail order houses, camping and backpacking specialty stores, and through Internet retailers. The companys camping tents and sleeping bags are produced by third party manufacturing sources in Asia. Eureka! camping products are sold under license in Japan, Australia, and Europe.
Eureka! commercial tents include party tents and accessories, sold primarily to general rental stores, and other commercial tents and accessories sold directly to tent erectors. The companys tent products range from 10x10 canopies to 120 wide pole tents and other large scale frame structures and are manufactured by the company. Commercial tent accessories include lighting systems, interior lining options, and mounting brackets that allow the interior of the tents to be customized to suit the occasion.
Eureka! also designs and manufactures heavy-duty tents and backpacking tents for the military at its Binghamton, New York location. Tents produced for military use include modular general purpose tents, rapid deployment shelters, and various one and two person tents. The company manufactures military tent accessories like fabric floors and tent liners and is also a subcontract manufacturer for other providers of military tents.
Silva field compasses are manufactured by the company and marketed in North America where the company owns Silva trademark rights. Tech40 digital instruments and other branded products are manufactured by third parties and are primarily sold in the North American market.
The companys Watercraft brands are Old Town canoes and kayaks; Ocean Kayak; Necky kayaks; Carlisle paddles; and Extrasport personal flotation devices.
In its Old Town, Maine facility, the company produces Old Town kayaks, canoes and accessories for family recreation, touring, and tripping. It uses a rotational molding process for manufacturing polyethylene kayaks and canoes. It uses a thermo-form molding process in the manufacturing of lower priced models. The company also markets canoes built from Royalex (ABS) and wood.
The company also manufactures Watercraft products in New Zealand and contracts for manufacturing of Watercraft products with third parties in Michigan, Tunisia and the Czech Republic. Watercraft accessory brands, including Extrasport personal flotation devices and Carlisle branded paddles, are produced primarily by third-party sources.
The companys kayaks, canoes and accessories are sold primarily through outdoor specialty retailers, such as Bass Pro Shops and Cabelas, retail sporting goods stores, and catalog and mail order houses in the U.S., Europe, and the Pacific Basin.
The company manufactures and markets underwater diving products for technical and recreational diver
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. JOHNSON OUTDOORS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. JOHNSON OUTDOORS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. JOHNSON OUTDOORS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. JOHNSON OUTDOORS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. JOHNSON OUTDOORS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Johnson Outdoors Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Johnson Outdoors Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Johnson Outdoors Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Johnson Outdoors Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Johnson Outdoors Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. JOHNSON OUTDOORS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. JOHNSON OUTDOORS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. JOHNSON OUTDOORS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. JOHNSON OUTDOORS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. JOHNSON OUTDOORS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. JOHNSON OUTDOORS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Johnson Outdoors Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Johnson Outdoors Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Johnson Outdoors Inc. Major Shareholders
Johnson Outdoors Inc. History
Johnson Outdoors Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Johnson Outdoors Inc. Offices and Representations
Johnson Outdoors Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Johnson Outdoors Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Johnson Outdoors Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Johnson Outdoors Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
Johnson Outdoors Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Johnson Outdoors Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Johnson Outdoors Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Johnson Outdoors Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Johnson Outdoors Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Johnson Outdoors Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Johnson Outdoors Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Johnson Outdoors Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?