- The report contains detailed information about Steelcase Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Steelcase Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Steelcase Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Steelcase Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Steelcase Inc. business.
About Steelcase Inc.
Steelcase Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, and marketing of office furniture.
The company operates on a worldwide basis within its North America and International segments plus an Other category.
North America Segment
The North America segment serves customers in the United States (U.S.) and Canada. The companys portfolio of integrated architecture, furniture, and technology products is marketed to corporate, government, healthcare, education, and retail customers through the Steelcase, Turnstone, Details, and Nurture by Steelcase brands.
The company serves North America customers mainly through approximately 230 independent and company-owned dealers and it also sells directly to end-use customers. The companys end-use customers are distributed across a range of industries and vertical markets including healthcare, government, financial services, higher education, and technology.
The companys significant competitors in the U.S. are Haworth, Inc.; Herman Miller, Inc.; HNI Corporation; Kimball International Inc.; and Knoll, Inc.
The International segment serves customers outside of the U.S. and Canada primarily under the Steelcase brand, with an emphasis on freestanding furniture systems, storage, and seating solutions. The companys major presence is in western Europe, where it has primary operations in Germany, France, and Spain. It also has operations in northern, central, eastern, and southern Europe, Latin America, the Asia Pacific, the Middle East, and Africa. The company serves international customers through approximately 440 independent and company-owned dealers. In certain geographic markets, the company sells directly to end-use customers.
The Other category includes the Coalesse Group, PolyVision, and IDEO.
The Coalesse Group comprises the Coalesse and Designtex brands. Coalesse serves the markets of executive office, conference, lounge, teaming environments, and residential live/work solutions. Designtex primarily sells products specified by architects and designers directly to end-use customers through a direct sales force.
PolyVision designs and manufactures visual communication products, such as static and interactive electronic whiteboards, including a family of interactive electronic whiteboards called çno launched in 2010. PolyVision also manufactures steel and ceramic surfaces for sale to third-party fabricators to create static whiteboards sold in the primary and secondary education markets in the U.S. and Europe. PolyVisions sales of visual communication products are primarily through audio-visual resellers and its North America dealer network.
IDEO is a design firm that uses a human-centered, design-based approach to generate new offerings and build new capabilities for its customers. IDEO serves Steelcase and various other organizations within consumer products, financial services, healthcare, information technology, government, transportation, and other industries. The company has a collaborative relationship with IDEO.
The companys brands provide an integrated portfolio of furniture systems and seating, user-centered technologies and interior architectural products across a range of price points. Its furniture portfolio includes panel-based and freestanding furniture systems and complementary products, such as storage, tables, and ergonomic worktools. The companys seating products include chairs which are highly ergonomic, seating that can be used in collaborative or casual settings and specialty seating for specific vertical markets, such as healthcare and education. Its technology solutions support group collaboration with interactive whiteboards and Web-based communication tools. The companys interior architectural products include full and partial height walls and doors. The company also offers services designed to improve people performance.
Steelcase: The Steelcase brands primary customers are organizations, such as corporations, healthcare organizations, colleges/universities, and government entities. Steelcase sub-brands consist of Nurture by Steelcase, which is focused on healthcare environments that can help make patients, caregivers, and partners in care to healthcare delivery; and Details, which researches, designs, and markets worktools and furniture that provide connections between people, their technology, their workplaces, and their work.
Turnstone: Turnstone provides solutions for the social, spatial, and informational problems of emerging companies.
Coalesse: Coalesse offers products that knit together the design histories of its Brayton, Metro and Vecta brands. Designtex, which is a sub-brand of Coalesse, is a design, marketing, sales, and distribution business focused on providing insight-led environment enhancement. Designtex products are surface materials designed to improve seating, walls, work stations, floors and ceilings, and can provide privacy, way-finding, motivation, communications, and artistic expression.
PolyVision: PolyVisions focus is to understand the needs of K-12 teachers and students and to develop tools that bring learning to life in an effort to provide a learning experience for students globally. PolyVision provides an offering of visual communication solutions, including static and interactive electronic whiteboards.
Steelcase, Inc. was founded in 1912.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. STEELCASE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. STEELCASE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. STEELCASE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. STEELCASE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. STEELCASE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Steelcase Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Steelcase Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Steelcase Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Steelcase Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Steelcase Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. STEELCASE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. STEELCASE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. STEELCASE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. STEELCASE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. STEELCASE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. STEELCASE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Steelcase Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Steelcase Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Steelcase Inc. Major Shareholders
Steelcase Inc. History
Steelcase Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Steelcase Inc. Offices and Representations
Steelcase Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Steelcase Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Steelcase Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Steelcase Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
Steelcase Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Steelcase Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Steelcase Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Steelcase Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Steelcase Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Steelcase Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Steelcase Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Steelcase Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?