- The report contains detailed information about Exponent Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Exponent Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Exponent Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Exponent Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Exponent Inc. business.
About Exponent Inc.
Exponent, Inc. provides engineering and scientific consulting services to clients in automotive, aviation, chemical, construction, consumer products, energy, government, health, insurance, manufacturing, technology and other sectors of the economy.
The companys service offerings are provided on a project-by-project basis. It operates21 practices and centers, including: Biomechanics; Buildings & Structures; Civil Engineering; Construction Consulting; Ecological & Biological Sciences; Electrical & Semiconductors; Engineering Management Consulting; Environmental & Earth Sciences; Health Sciences, such as Center for Chemical Registration and Food Safety, Center for Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Computational Biology, Center for Exposure Assessment and Dose Reconstruction, Center for Public Health and Industrial Hygiene, and Center for Toxicology and Mechanistic Biology; Human Factors; Industrial Structures; Mechanical Engineering & Materials Science; Statistical & Data Sciences; Technology Development; Thermal Sciences; Vehicle Analysis; and Visual Communications.
The companys Biomechanics staff uses engineering and biomedical science to explore the cause, nature and severity of injuries, as well as to address the interaction between the body and the physical environment. Staff consultants use medical records, testing, computer modeling and knowledge of human injury tolerance to determine whether an injury or claimed injury is consistent with a specific set of actions, an allegation of product defect or exposure to a specific accident environment.
Buildings & Structures
The companys architects, engineers and scientists provide clients with investigations of problems with building systems and components, including finding the required options for repairing the problem and mitigating the risk of future failures.
The company civil engineering practice provides expertise that includes geotechnical engineering, geological engineering, engineering geology, and geology to address a host of geo-failures, including landslides, foundation and retaining wall failures, dam and levee failures as well as earthwork construction claims. Its Water Resources staff involves in the application of proven hydrologic, hydraulic, hydrodynamic, and sediment transport research and science to provide scientifically sound solutions to its clients.
The company's construction consulting practice provides risk management, project oversight, and dispute resolution services to help its clients manage the complexities inherent to construction projects around the world. Its multi-disciplinary staff, which includes engineers, architects, scientists, cost accountants, and technical specialists, provide these services to both the public and private sectors. From a risk management perspective, its construction professionals help anticipate problems and avoid pitfalls in cost, scheduling, and scope by improving the project control framework, conducting four-dimensional and probabilistic scheduling analyses, and performing constructability reviews. The project oversight services team supports the project from the design and contract review phase, through project planning and procurement, and throughout the course of construction to project completion. The company's dispute resolution services professionals assist clients in quantifying schedule delay or acceleration impacts, with cost and damages analysis, or in determining entitlement through claim resolution and project closeout.
Ecological & Biological Sciences
The company's ecological scientists provide strategic support to clients on issues related to Natural Resources Damages (NRD), clean-up of hazardous waste sites, restoration of wetlands and other natural resources, development projects, resource utilization (mineral mining, oil and gas, and wood pulp), and the use of chemicals and other products in commerce. The practice assesses the fate and effects of chemical, biological, and physical stressors on aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems.
Electrical & Semiconductors
The company's team of electrical e
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. EXPONENT INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EXPONENT INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EXPONENT INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EXPONENT INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EXPONENT INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Exponent Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Exponent Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Exponent Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Exponent Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Exponent Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. EXPONENT INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EXPONENT INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EXPONENT INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EXPONENT INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. EXPONENT INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. EXPONENT INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Exponent Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Exponent Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Exponent Inc. Major Shareholders
Exponent Inc. History
Exponent Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Exponent Inc. Offices and Representations
Exponent Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Exponent Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Exponent Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Exponent Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
Exponent Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Exponent Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Exponent Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Exponent Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Exponent Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Exponent Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Exponent Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Exponent Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?