- The report contains detailed information about ACCO Brands Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for ACCO Brands Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The ACCO Brands Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes ACCO Brands Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of ACCO Brands Corporation business.
About ACCO Brands Corporation
ACCO Brands Corporation supplies branded office products to the office products resale industry. The company supplies select categories of branded office products (excluding furniture, computers, printers, and bulk paper) to the office products resale industry. It designs, develops, manufactures, and markets various traditional and computer-related office products, supplies, binding and laminating equipment and related consumable supplies, personal computer accessory products, paper-based time management products, and presentation aids and products.
The company sells its products primarily to markets located in North America, Europe, and Australia. Its office products are primarily used by businesses. It also supplies its products directly to commercial and industrial end-users and to the educational market. It also supplies private label products for its customers.
The company operates in three business segments: ACCO Brands Americas; ACCO Brands International; and Computer Products Group.
ACCO Brands Americas and ACCO Brands International
ACCO Brands Americas and ACCO Brands International: These two segments manufacture, source and sell traditional office products and supplies and document finishing solutions. ACCO Brands Americas comprises the North, Central, and South American markets, and ACCO Brands International comprises the rest of the world, principally Europe, Australia, and the Asia-Pacific.
The company's traditional office products and supplies are staplers, staples, punches, ring binders, trimmers, sheet protectors, hanging file folders, clips and fasteners, dry-erase boards, dry-erase markers, easels, bulletin boards, overhead projectors, transparencies, laser pointers, and screens. These products are sold under various brands, including Quartet, Rexel, Swingline, Wilson Jones, Marbig, NOBO, ACCO, Derwent, and Eastlight. Its document finishing solutions are binding, lamination and punching equipment, binding and lamination supplies, report covers, archival report covers, and shredders. These products are sold primarily under the GBC brand. The company also provides machine maintenance and repair services sold under the GBC brand. Included in the ACCO Brands Americas segment are its personal organization tools, including time management products, primarily under the Day-Timer brand name.
The companys customer base includes commercial contract stationers, office products superstores, wholesalers, distributors, mail order and internet catalogs, mass merchandisers, club stores, and independent dealers.
Computer Products Group
The Computer Products Group designs, distributes, markets, and sells accessories for laptop and desktop computers and Apple iPod and iPhone products. These accessories primarily include security locks, power adapters, input devices, such as mice and keyboards, laptop computer carrying cases, hubs and docking stations, ergonomic devices, and technology accessories for iPods and iPhones. The Computer Products Group sells primarily under the Kensington and Kensington Microsaver brand names. The companys computer products are sold primarily to consumer electronics retailers, information technology value-added resellers, original equipment manufacturers, and office products retailers.
The companys major customers are Staples, Office Depot, Inc., OfficeMax, United Stationers, BPGI, S.P. Richards, Coles Group, Spicers, Wal-Mart/Sams Club, and Tech Data.
In June 2009, the company completed the sale of its commercial print finishing business.
The company's competitors for the ACCO Brands Americas and ACCO Brands International segments include Avery Dennison, Esselte, 3M, Newell, Hamelin, Smead, Fellowes, Mead, Franklin Covey, and Spiral Binding. Its competitors for the Computer Products Group include Belkin, Logitech, Targus, and Fellowes.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ACCO BRANDS CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ACCO BRANDS CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ACCO BRANDS CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ACCO BRANDS CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ACCO BRANDS CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. ACCO Brands Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of ACCO Brands Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of ACCO Brands Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. ACCO Brands Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. ACCO Brands Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. ACCO BRANDS CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ACCO BRANDS CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ACCO BRANDS CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ACCO BRANDS CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ACCO BRANDS CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ACCO BRANDS CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
ACCO Brands Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
ACCO Brands Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
ACCO Brands Corporation Major Shareholders
ACCO Brands Corporation History
ACCO Brands Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
ACCO Brands Corporation Offices and Representations
ACCO Brands Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
ACCO Brands Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
ACCO Brands Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
ACCO Brands Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
ACCO Brands Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
ACCO Brands Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
ACCO Brands Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
ACCO Brands Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
ACCO Brands Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
ACCO Brands Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
ACCO Brands Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
ACCO Brands Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?