- The report contains detailed information about Yahoo! Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Yahoo! Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Yahoo! Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Yahoo! Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Yahoo! Inc. business.
About Yahoo! Inc.
Yahoo! Inc. provides online properties and services. The company provides a range of marketing services designed to reach and connect with users of its Owned and Operated sites, as well as with Internet users beyond Yahoo! Properties.
The company provides marketing services to advertisers across a majority of Yahoo! Properties and Affiliate sites. Its marketing services offerings include the display of graphical advertisements (display advertising), the display of text-based links to an advertisers Web site (search advertising), listing-based services, and commerce-based transactions. The majority of its offerings are available in approximately 25 languages.
The companys offerings to users on Yahoo! Properties currently fall into four categories: Integrated Consumer Experiences, Applications (Communications and Communities), Search, and Media Products and Solutions.
Yahoo!s mobile services are available across the companys network of properties and through partnerships. Yahoo! has distribution partnerships with approximately 80 carriers and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) around the world for distributing its mobile services.
Integrated Consumer Experiences
The companys Integrated Consumer Experiences offerings include the Yahoo! Home Page, My Yahoo!, Yahoo! Toolbar, Yahoo! Local, and Connected TVall are entry points to the Yahoo! experience, whether through the Web, mobile or TV. These offerings are generally provided to users free of charge.
Yahoo! Home Page (www.yahoo.com) is a navigation hub and starting point into Yahoo! Properties and the Internet, through a personal computer (PC) or mobile device. This is where users have the ability to perform a Web search, read the latest news, and find links to other Yahoo! Web sites.
My Yahoo! is a personalized start page that delivers registered users information of personal interest to registered users via a user-customized interface.
Yahoo! Toolbar is a Web browser add-on that conveniently enables users to access Yahoo! Properties and third-party content through applications from anywhere on the Web.
Yahoo! Local is a local search offering, which helps users find local business listings and related content, such as recommendations, user reviews, merchant photos, and maps.
Connected TV seamlessly integrates the Internet into the television experience in an open platform. The company has distribution relationships with the three global television manufacturers.
The companys Communications offerings, including Yahoo! Mail and Yahoo! Messenger, provide a range of communication services to users and small businesses across various devices and through its broadband Internet access partners. The company offers some services free of charge to its users and also provide some services on a fee or subscription basis. The company generates display advertising and fees revenues from these offerings.
Yahoo! Mail provides users with full-featured e-mail functionality. In addition to its free e-mail service, for a subscription fee, the company offers Yahoo! Mail Plus, a premium e-mail service that provides features, such as a display-ad-free interface.
Yahoo! Messenger instant messaging service provides an interactive and personalized way for people to connect and share experiences on a real-time basis. Yahoo! offers mobile applications for Yahoo! Messenger.
The companys Communities offerings, including Yahoo! Groups, Yahoo! Answers, and Flickr, enable users to organize into groups and share knowledge, common interests, and photos. Yahoo! Groups provides members with shared access to information, such as message archives, photo albums, event calendars, and polls.
Yahoo! Answers is a service where anyone can ask and answer questions on any topic.
Flickr is an online photo management and sharing service that makes it enable users to upload, store, organize, and share their photos. In addition to the basic service, Flickr offers a fee-based service with unlimited storage, uploads, and an advertising-free browsing and sharing interface. Yahoo!
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. YAHOO! INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. YAHOO! INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. YAHOO! INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. YAHOO! INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. YAHOO! INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Yahoo! Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Yahoo! Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Yahoo! Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Yahoo! Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Yahoo! Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. YAHOO! INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. YAHOO! INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. YAHOO! INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. YAHOO! INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. YAHOO! INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. YAHOO! INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Yahoo! Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Yahoo! Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Yahoo! Inc. Major Shareholders
Yahoo! Inc. History
Yahoo! Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Yahoo! Inc. Offices and Representations
Yahoo! Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yahoo! Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Yahoo! Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Yahoo! Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Yahoo! Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Yahoo! Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Yahoo! Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Yahoo! Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Yahoo! Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Yahoo! Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Yahoo! Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Yahoo! Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?