- The report contains detailed information about Smith Micro Software Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Smith Micro Software Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Smith Micro Software Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Smith Micro Software Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Smith Micro Software Inc. business.
About Smith Micro Software Inc.
Smith Micro Software, Inc. engages in the design, development, and marketing of software products and services primarily for the mobile computing and communications industries.
The company focuses on developing connectivity, communications, and content management solutions for a world of wireless and wired networks. The companys portfolio of wireless software products and services includes a range of software solutions, including QuickLink family of products.
The company provides mobile voice and data connectivity across 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi networks. Its mobile communications portfolio includes solutions for Push-To-Talk, Visual Voicemail, and mobile device management. The company also offers solutions for the management of mobile content, contacts, and calendar data.
The companys patented compression technologies are utilized within various Smith Micro products including its line of Personal Computer (PC) and Smartphones compression products, and its new file-transfer solution.
The company sells products and services to mobile network operators, original equipment manufacturers (OEM), device manufacturers and enterprise businesses, as well as directly to consumers. The company offers products that operate on Windows, Mac, UNIX, Linux, Windows Mobile, Symbian and Java platforms.
The companys operations are organized into two business segments, Wireless and Productivity & Graphics.
The Wireless Groups primary focus is to develop mobile connectivity, mobile information management and mobile security solutions. QuickLink Mobile, the groups product, provides mobile users the ability to connect a notebook or other wireless device to wireless wide area networks (WWANs) and wireless local area networks (WLANs) or Wi-Fi hotspots. Mobile operators worldwide, including AT&T, Bouygues, Orange, Sprint, T-Mobile USA, Verizon Wireless, Vodafone, utilize QuickLink Mobile technology to help their subscribers connect to their wireless networks every day. The company provides services to device manufacturers, such as HTC, Motorola, and Nokia.
The Wireless Group also delivers wireless mobility solutions designed to address security and mobility needs of enterprises becoming reliant on remote access to various types of wireless networks. In addition to addressing the need for security, the QuickLink Mobility suite allows connectivity for the user operating on WWANs, corporate Local Area Networks (LANs) and Wi-Fi networks.
Smith Micro offers solutions for mobile device communications. These include synchronization, back-up and restore of critical user data, push-to-talk software and visual voicemail services. This portfolio serves wireless carriers and device manufacturers with mobile handset software, as well as hosted software-as-a-service solutions. These products are designed to work across a spectrum of handset operating systems and platforms, including an array of feature phones and Smartphones.
The companys primary products for connection management are QuickLink Mobile and QuickLink Mobility. For managing the media on mobile devices, the company has QuickLink Multimedia. Its Device Management Suite provides intelligent, automated mobile device provisioning and configuration. It also offers Push-To-Talk and Visual Voicemail solutions.
Productivity & Graphics
The Productivity & Graphics Group focuses on developing a variety of software for the consumer, prosumer, and professional markets. The companys solutions span compression, graphics and utilities including diagnostics, performance, security and content creation. This group also republishes and markets third party software titles that complement its existing line of products. All of these products are available through direct sales on the Smith Micro websites (smithmicro.com, mysmithmicro.com and contentparadise.com), on partner websites, direct through customer service order desks, on-line resellers and through traditional retail outlets.
The main product line in this area is StuffIt, driven by its patented and patent-pending image compression, with a focus on lossless JPEG compression technology.
Smith Micro Software, Inc. was founded in 1982.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SMITH MICRO SOFTWARE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SMITH MICRO SOFTWARE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SMITH MICRO SOFTWARE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SMITH MICRO SOFTWARE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SMITH MICRO SOFTWARE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Smith Micro Software Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Smith Micro Software Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Smith Micro Software Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Smith Micro Software Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Smith Micro Software Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SMITH MICRO SOFTWARE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SMITH MICRO SOFTWARE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SMITH MICRO SOFTWARE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SMITH MICRO SOFTWARE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SMITH MICRO SOFTWARE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SMITH MICRO SOFTWARE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Smith Micro Software Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Smith Micro Software Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Smith Micro Software Inc. Major Shareholders
Smith Micro Software Inc. History
Smith Micro Software Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Smith Micro Software Inc. Offices and Representations
Smith Micro Software Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Smith Micro Software Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Smith Micro Software Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Smith Micro Software Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Smith Micro Software Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Smith Micro Software Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Smith Micro Software Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Smith Micro Software Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Smith Micro Software Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Smith Micro Software Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Smith Micro Software Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Smith Micro Software Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?