- The report contains detailed information about NeoMedia Technologies Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for NeoMedia Technologies Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The NeoMedia Technologies Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes NeoMedia Technologies Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of NeoMedia Technologies Inc. business.
About NeoMedia Technologies Inc.
NeoMedia Technologies, Inc. provides a suite of software and hardware for processing 2D barcodes in the mobile environment, and enabling applications in mobile marketing, mobile couponing, mobile ticketing, and mobile payment.
Products and Services
The companys barcode ecosystem includes software designed to read 2D barcodes using camera and Web enabled wireless communications devices and products to create barcodes, to create and manage advertising campaigns using barcodes; to act as a gateway managing activity between consumers and advertisers, and to gather and interpret the results of advertising campaigns. The company also provides infrastructure solutions to enable mobile ticketing and couponing programs, including scanner hardware and system support software for implementation. It markets its products and services to customers primarily in the Americas and Europe.
NeoReader This is a barcode scanning application that transforms mobile camera phones into universal barcode readers. Users launch the NeoReader application on their mobile phone, scan the barcode and are linked directly to a specific Web page. There they can access real-time product or service information, download content or a mobile commerce transaction. NeoReader features its patented resolution technology with an ultra-small footprint and platform-independent algorithms. This application provides interoperability among 2D barcodes in the market and operates on various handsets.
NeoReader Enterprise & Lavasphere Enterprise These are software solutions for commercial applications where mobile devices are utilized to manage products through manufacturing or distribution channels. These applications equip mobile devices to read 1D and 2D barcodes with their built-in camera. The mobile devices become universal barcode readers, allowing users to track and trace products and services anytime. These solutions are tools for various business applications, including data collection, logistics, content linking, and accessing information on the go.
NeoReader Enterprise: This is a standard solution utilizing its NeoReader technology to route transactions to a customers existing mobile Web application
Lavasphere Enterprise: This is a customized solution using LavaSphere barcode-reading technologies for functions that are complex to be handled by a mobile Web application
NeoSphere - This is a Web-based system that supports campaign management and allows users (typically agencies and advertisers) to develop, launch, and manage a mobile barcode campaign by delivering three critical components: barcode creation tools; campaign management tools; and reporting and analytics. NeoSphere offers a customizable feature that uses rules to deliver dynamic content to a single barcode based on preferences like language, gender, age, and location.
NeoMedia Code Routing Service This is used in conjunction with NeoSphere and includes an intelligent gateway configurable to support global interoperability and a barcode resolution server designed to retrieve and deliver any form of internet content to mobile phones worldwide. The companys Code Resolution Service provides interoperability with other campaign management systems; access to all barcode-enabled handsets worldwide; and data tracking, collection, and monetization of each mobile transaction.
NeoMedia MSS MSS is a system supporting third-party ticketing/couponing systems and databases, as well as adding missing components to existing mobile systems essential for the completion and fulfillment of mobile applications. The company provides the solution by integrating third-party ticketing and couponing systems; providing marketing databases and its own coupon system; encrypting and sending codes to mobile phones; decrypting and analyzing code contents; enabling customers own coupon and ticket configuration; supplying statistics and information on mobile activities; and implementing and delivering customized hardware and software solutions.
The companys hardware products read, interpret, and transmit barcodes and barcode information to facilitate related transactions. These products consist of:
EXIO II This is a multi-application smart scanner for mobile couponing and ticketing applications. The technology of the EXIO II smart scanner allows customers to redeem mobile tickets and coupons. The EXIO II is the ideal tool for one-to-one marketing applications and targeted customer campaigns. With its color LCD touch-screen and video playback capability, the EXIO II can be customized to display targeted content and brand messages. EXIO read and processed 2-D symbologies, such as Data Matrix from mobile phone displays, as well as printed 1D barcodes. Utilizing a high-speed Digital Signal Processor (DSP) and a high-resolution camera, EXIO automatically recognizes 2D barcodes, such as Data Matrix, sent as MMS (Multimedia Message Service), EMS (Enhanced Message Service) or Picture Message (Smart Message) to any compatible mobile phone.
XELIA This is a desktop scanner that incorporates Honeywell Adaptus Imaging Technology 5.0 to enable reading of 2D codes from mobile phone displays. Equipped with a high-speed Digital Signal Processor (DSP), XELIA automatically recognizes 2D codes sent as text messages (SMS, MMS or EMS), as well as printed 1D barcodes. It can also be used for sweepstakes, mobile advertising (tickets and coupons) and boarding passes.
NeoMedia Technologies, Inc. was founded in 1989.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NEOMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NEOMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NEOMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NEOMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NEOMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. NeoMedia Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of NeoMedia Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of NeoMedia Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. NeoMedia Technologies Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. NeoMedia Technologies Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NEOMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NEOMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NEOMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NEOMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NEOMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NEOMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
NeoMedia Technologies Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
NeoMedia Technologies Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
NeoMedia Technologies Inc. Major Shareholders
NeoMedia Technologies Inc. History
NeoMedia Technologies Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
NeoMedia Technologies Inc. Offices and Representations
NeoMedia Technologies Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
NeoMedia Technologies Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
NeoMedia Technologies Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
NeoMedia Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
NeoMedia Technologies Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
NeoMedia Technologies Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
NeoMedia Technologies Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
NeoMedia Technologies Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
NeoMedia Technologies Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
NeoMedia Technologies Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
NeoMedia Technologies Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
NeoMedia Technologies Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?