- The report contains detailed information about Aspen Technology Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Aspen Technology Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Aspen Technology Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Aspen Technology Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Aspen Technology Inc. business.
About Aspen Technology Inc.
Aspen Technology, Inc. provides mission-critical process optimization software solutions, which designs, manages, and optimizes plant and process design, operational performance, and supply chain planning. The companys aspenONE software and related services have been developed specifically for companies in the process industries.
The company has designed and developed its software applications across three principal business areas: engineering, manufacturing, and supply chain management.
Engineering: The companys engineering software applications are used both the design and the ongoing operation of plant facilities to model and improve the way engineers develop and deploy manufacturing assets. Its engineering solutions include desktop and server applications.
Manufacturing: The companys manufacturing software products focus on optimizing day-to-day processing activities. These solutions include desktop and server applications that help customers make real-time decisions.
Supply chain management: The companys supply chain management solutions include desktop and server applications that help customers optimize critical supply chain decisions.
The company offers professional services focused on implementation of its solution. The services provided by its professional services team include implementing and integrating its software applications for customers that are seeking to integrate its technology with their existing systems.
The company has approximately 1,500 customers globally. Its customers include manufacturers in process industries, such as energy, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, consumer packaged goods, power, metals and mining, pulp and paper, and biofuels, as well as engineering and construction firms.
Energy: The companys customers include BP International Ltd; Exxon Mobil Corporation; Flint Hills Resources, LLC; Instituto Mexicano del Petroleo (PEMEX); Marathon Oil Corporation; Occidential Petroleum Corporation; OMV Group; Petróleos de Venezuela S.A. (PDVSA); Repsol YPF, S.A.; Saudi Arabian Oil Co. (SaudiAramco); Shell Oil Company; Statoil ASA; Suncor Energy Inc.; Total S.A; and Valero Energy Corp.
Chemicals: The companys customers include Air Liquide; BASF; China Petrochemical; International Co. Ltd; The Dow Chemical Company; INEOS; Lyondell Chemical Company; Mitsubishi Chemical USA, Inc.; Saudi Basic Industries Corp (SABIC); and Suid Afrikaanse Steenkool en Olie (Sasol).
Engineering and Construction: The companys customers include The Bechtel Group, Inc.; Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.; KBR, Inc.; Technip SA; Tecnicas Reunidas, S.A.; and WorleyParsons Limited.
Pharmaceutical: The companys customers include Bayer Technology Services GmbH; Bristol-Myers Squibb; Eli Lilly & Company; and Pfizer, Inc.
Other: The companys customers include Cargill, Incorporated and Lefarge North America Inc.
The companys engineering software competes with products of businesses, such as ABB Ltd, Chemstations, Inc., Honeywell International, Inc., Invensys plc, KBC Advanced Technologies plc, and Shell Global Solutions International BV.
The companys manufacturing software competes with products of companies, such as ABB Ltd., Honeywell International, Inc., Invensys plc, OSIsoft, Inc., Rockwell Automation, Inc., Siemens AG, and Yokogawa Electric Corporation.
The companys supply chain management software competes with products of companies, such as JDA Software Group, Inc., Oracle Corporation, and SAP AG.
Aspen Technology, Inc. was founded in 1981.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ASPEN TECHNOLOGY INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ASPEN TECHNOLOGY INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ASPEN TECHNOLOGY INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ASPEN TECHNOLOGY INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ASPEN TECHNOLOGY INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Aspen Technology Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Aspen Technology Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Aspen Technology Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Aspen Technology Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Aspen Technology Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ASPEN TECHNOLOGY INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ASPEN TECHNOLOGY INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ASPEN TECHNOLOGY INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ASPEN TECHNOLOGY INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ASPEN TECHNOLOGY INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ASPEN TECHNOLOGY INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Aspen Technology Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Aspen Technology Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Aspen Technology Inc. Major Shareholders
Aspen Technology Inc. History
Aspen Technology Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Aspen Technology Inc. Offices and Representations
Aspen Technology Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Aspen Technology Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Aspen Technology Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Aspen Technology Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Aspen Technology Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Aspen Technology Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Aspen Technology Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Aspen Technology Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Aspen Technology Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Aspen Technology Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Aspen Technology Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Aspen Technology Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?