- The report contains detailed information about Asante Technologies Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Asante Technologies Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Asante Technologies Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Asante Technologies Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Asante Technologies Inc. business.
About Asante Technologies Inc.
Asante Technologies, Inc. provides network solutions for the small and medium-sized business/enterprises (SMB/E) and home-offices (SOHO). Asante's products are designed primarily for Ethernet local area networks (LAN). The Company's key products are based on Layer-2, Layer-3 and Layer-4 switching/routing technologies, including: 10/100/1000 L2/3/4 managed and unmanaged LAN switches/routers; Wireless LAN Access Points (APs); Wired/wireless switches; TCP/IP Off-load Engine (TOE) Adapter Cards.
Asante offers products from simple, personal connectivity to sophisticated, enterprise-class network infrastructure solutions. The FriendlyNET brand is targeted at consumers, home businesses and small business users. Each product is optimized to deliver outstanding value with minimal complexities. The FriendlyNET family includes network adapters, routers, hubs and switches (10/100 and 10/100/1000 Mbps). The IntraCore family consists of an enterprise-class set of products (10/100 and 10/100/1000 Mbps) Ethernet switches that support Layer 2, Layer 3 and Layer 4.
Gigabit and 10/100 Ethernet POE Switches
During 2004, the company introduced three new IntraCore products: a 10/100 Mbps (w/1000 Mbps uplinks) Power over Ethernet (PoE) L2+ switch (IC3624PWR), a 24-port L2+ 10/100/1000 switch (IC36240) and a 48-port 10/100/1000 L2+ switch (IC36480).
The Company delivered to market the powerful IC3624PWR L2+ PoE switch that delivers advanced quality of service (QoS) features to swiftly move data, voice and video at speeds up to 1000 Mbps. The product was specifically designed with the requirements of voice over IP (VoIP) needs in mind.
Additionally, the company delivered two core L2+ Gigabit switches, the IC36240 and the IC36480. Both of these products offer key feature sets and price points that help Asante offers product portfolio of enterprise-class, Gigabit switching solutions for the company's target market space.
The Company's unmanaged FriendlyNET GX5 Series switches are a good complement to the managed IntraCore switches. The models in this family span the spectrum from 5 ports to 48 ports of Gigabit Ethernet - including the market GX5-800P and GX5-2400W product offerings. Asante's GigaNIX adapters for computers using the Windows, Macintosh and Linux operating systems provide the necessary interface to existing servers and desktop computers. In a move to make high-end features more accessible to value-oriented users, the GX5 models offer simplified configuration using any standard web browser.
Wireless Internet Gateways and Adapters
Asante has introduced products to integrate wireless networks with wired networks. The Company's AeroLAN adapters conform to standard IEEE 802.11 requirements for wireless networking. During 2004, all of Asante's wireless products migrated from the 802.11b to the 802.11g (54 Mbps) standard.
The Company's IntraCore switches may be upgraded to provide 802.1 X RADIUS authentications, an enhanced security for wireless clients. The Company also provided wireless 802.11g adapter cards specifically for Apple Mac computers.
Internet Gateway Products (Routers)
The Company's FriendlyNET routers are designed for SMB/E and end users who share a single broadband connection among others in the same home or small office. Asante has several routers, ranging from low-cost, entry-level to more units with virtual private network (VPN) and wireless capabilities.
Personal Connectivity Products
The Company offers personal connectivity products that utilize the Universal Serial Bus (USB) specification. Moving data at speeds ranging from 12 Mbps to 480 Mbps, these desktop devices frequently connect a mouse, keyboard, video camera, digital camera or memory card reader to a single desktop.
The Company competes with Cisco Systems, HP, 3Com, Netgear, Linksys, and many smaller companies.
Asante Technologies, Inc. was founded in 1998.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ASANTE TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ASANTE TECHNOLOGIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ASANTE TECHNOLOGIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ASANTE TECHNOLOGIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ASANTE TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Asante Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Asante Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Asante Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Asante Technologies Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Asante Technologies Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ASANTE TECHNOLOGIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ASANTE TECHNOLOGIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ASANTE TECHNOLOGIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ASANTE TECHNOLOGIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ASANTE TECHNOLOGIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ASANTE TECHNOLOGIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Asante Technologies Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Asante Technologies Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Asante Technologies Inc. Major Shareholders
Asante Technologies Inc. History
Asante Technologies Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Asante Technologies Inc. Offices and Representations
Asante Technologies Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Asante Technologies Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Asante Technologies Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Asante Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Asante Technologies Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Asante Technologies Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Asante Technologies Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Asante Technologies Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Asante Technologies Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Asante Technologies Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Asante Technologies Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Asante Technologies Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?