- The report contains detailed information about Medidata Solutions, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Medidata Solutions, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Medidata Solutions, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Medidata Solutions, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Medidata Solutions, Inc. business.
About Medidata Solutions, Inc.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. provides hosted clinical development solutions. The company serves pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies, academic institutions, contract research organizations (CROs), and other organizations engaged in clinical trials to bring new medical products to market.
The companys principal offering, Medidata Rave, is a platform that integrates electronic data capture, or EDC, with a clinical data management system, or CDMS, in a single solution that replaces traditional paper-based methods of capturing and managing clinical data. Medidata Rave offers a platform enabling sponsors to manage complex trials.
The company also offers applications that improve efficiencies in protocol development and trial planning, contracting and negotiation. Its Medidata Designer application, a clinical trial protocol authoring tool, enables customers to write trial protocols and automatically configure Medidata Rave. The companys Medidata Grants Manager product enables its customers to improve the efficiency of trial budgeting and investigator contracting, as well as improving compliance. Its Medidata CRO Contractor application facilitates CRO outsourcing, budgeting and contract negotiation.
The company provides clinical development solutions for life science organizations worldwide. Its solutions include software and services that enable organizations to systematically design protocols, capture, manage and report clinical data and analyze the results of that data.
Medidata Rave: Medidata Rave combines a scalable EDC solution with a fully integrated CDMS. Medidata Raves functionality allows customers to build clinical trials and capture, manage and report clinical trial data on a global basis and in multiple languages.
Build: Medidata Rave offers a set of capabilities designed to allow clinical trial teams to build and deploy studies without the need for software programming professionals. Study teams can configure and manage ongoing revisions of case report forms, trial workflow, requirements for source document verification and complex data-cleaning algorithms.
Capture: Medidata Raves user interface facilitates the capture and cleaning of data from global investigator sites, and is designed to provide compliance with regulatory requirements through audit trails and support for electronic signatures. Medidata Rave also allows for the real-time integration of data from other sources, including laboratory information management systems, or LIMS, paper case report forms, electronic patient-reported outcome, or ePRO, devices and interactive voice response systems (IVRS)/IWRS.
Manage: Medidata Raves Web-based interface provides clinical data management and operations personnel with the ability to monitor, query, code and obtain real-time reports and views of study data. The platform further provides tools for automated cleaning, tracking, import and export of all study data. Medidata Raves Amendment Manager and version control capabilities allow customers to manage mid-study changes without system downtime.
Report: Medidata Raves platform provides insight into both clinical and metric data in real time. Study teams can extract and analyze both clinical and operational data, which allows customers to view progress on their individual studies and pipeline status across all of their studies.
Rave Monitor offers site visit report functionality as an integral part of the Medidata Rave system. Rave Monitor provides users with online and offline visit report capture, approval workflow and inter-study and cross-study status reporting, within the context of their existing Medidata Rave deployment.
Rave Safety Gateway provides a solution for collecting and transmitting serious adverse events and related data from sites.
Medidata Designer: Medidata Designer, its protocol authoring tool, enhances the efficiency of clinical trial start-up by structuring protocol development with tools, guiding clinical research teams through the study design and set-up processes. Medidata Designer facilitates integration with downstream clinical trial processes
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MEDIDATA SOLUTIONS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MEDIDATA SOLUTIONS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MEDIDATA SOLUTIONS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MEDIDATA SOLUTIONS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MEDIDATA SOLUTIONS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Medidata Solutions, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Medidata Solutions, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Medidata Solutions, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Medidata Solutions, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Medidata Solutions, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MEDIDATA SOLUTIONS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MEDIDATA SOLUTIONS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MEDIDATA SOLUTIONS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MEDIDATA SOLUTIONS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MEDIDATA SOLUTIONS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MEDIDATA SOLUTIONS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Medidata Solutions, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Medidata Solutions, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Medidata Solutions, Inc. Major Shareholders
Medidata Solutions, Inc. History
Medidata Solutions, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Medidata Solutions, Inc. Offices and Representations
Medidata Solutions, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Medidata Solutions, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Medidata Solutions, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Medidata Solutions, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Medidata Solutions, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Medidata Solutions, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Medidata Solutions, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Medidata Solutions, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Medidata Solutions, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Medidata Solutions, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Medidata Solutions, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Medidata Solutions, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?