- The report contains detailed information about Moneygram International Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Moneygram International Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Moneygram International Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Moneygram International Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Moneygram International Inc. business.
About Moneygram International Inc.
MoneyGram International, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides payment services worldwide. The companys products include global money transfers, bill payment solutions and money orders. The companys payment services are available at approximately 190,000 agent locations in approximately 190 countries and territories.
The company provides money transfer services through its worldwide network of agents and through Company-owned retail locations in the United States and western Europe. The company also offers its money transfer services on the Internet via its MoneyGram Online service. In Italy and the Philippines, the company also offers its money transfer services via mobile phone.
The companys primary bill payment service offering is its ExpressPayment service, which is offered at all of its money transfer agent locations in the United States and at certain agent locations in select Caribbean countries. The companys ExpressPayment service enables a consumer to pay cash at an agent location for bills and obtain same-day notification of credit to the consumers account with their biller. The companys consumers can also use its ExpressPayment service to load and reload prepaid debit cards. The companys ExpressPayment bill payment service is also available for payments to select billers via the Internet at www.moneygram.com.
The company also derives revenue through its money order and official check services. The company provides money orders through retail and financial institutions located throughout the United States and Puerto Rico, and the company provides official check outsourcing services to financial institutions across the United States.
The company conducts its business primarily through two segments: Global Funds Transfer and Financial Paper Products.
Global Funds Transfer segment
The Global Funds Transfer segment provides money transfer and bill payment services to consumers, who are often unbanked or underbanked. Unbanked consumers are those consumers who do not have a traditional relationship with a financial institution. Underbanked consumers are consumers who, while they may have a savings account with a financial institution, do not have a checking account. Other consumers who use its services are convenience users and emergency users who may have a checking account with a financial institution, but prefer to use its services on the basis of convenience or to make emergency payments. The company primarily offers services to consumers through third-party agents, including retail chains, independent retailers, and financial institutions.
The Global Funds Transfer segment is managed as two geographical regions, the Americas and EMEAAP, to coordinate sales, agent management and marketing activities. The Americas region includes the United States, Canada, Mexico and Latin America (including the Caribbean). The EMEAAP region includes Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and the Asia Pacific region.
The company provides Global Funds Transfer products and services utilizing various proprietary point-of-sale platforms. The companys platforms include AgentConnect, which is integrated into an agents point-of-sale system, and DeltaWorks and Delta T3, which are separate software and device platforms.
Money Transfers: The companys money transfers primarily include consumer transaction fees and the management of currency exchange spreads on money transfer transactions involving different send and receive currencies. As of December 31, 2009, the company offered money transfers to consumers in a choice of local currency, United States dollars or euros in 136 countries (multi-currency).
Bill Payment Services: The companys bill payment services allow consumers to make urgent payments or pay routine bills through its network to certain creditors (billers). The company maintains relationships with billers in key industries (also referred to as verticals). These industries include the credit card, mortgage, auto finance, telecommunications, corrections, satellite, property management, prepaid card, and collections industries.
The companys bill payment service
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MONEYGRAM INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MONEYGRAM INTERNATIONAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MONEYGRAM INTERNATIONAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MONEYGRAM INTERNATIONAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MONEYGRAM INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Moneygram International Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Moneygram International Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Moneygram International Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Moneygram International Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Moneygram International Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MONEYGRAM INTERNATIONAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MONEYGRAM INTERNATIONAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MONEYGRAM INTERNATIONAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MONEYGRAM INTERNATIONAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MONEYGRAM INTERNATIONAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MONEYGRAM INTERNATIONAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Moneygram International Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Moneygram International Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Moneygram International Inc. Major Shareholders
Moneygram International Inc. History
Moneygram International Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Moneygram International Inc. Offices and Representations
Moneygram International Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Moneygram International Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Moneygram International Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Moneygram International Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Moneygram International Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Moneygram International Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Moneygram International Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Moneygram International Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Moneygram International Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Moneygram International Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Moneygram International Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Moneygram International Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?