- The report contains detailed information about LiveWorld Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for LiveWorld Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The LiveWorld Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes LiveWorld Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of LiveWorld Inc. business.
About LiveWorld Inc.
LiveWorld, Inc., a social network marketing agency, specializes in the provision of private label online social networks and community services for companies. The company develops and operates online social networks and communities for its clients. These communities are designed to build lasting relationships with and among its clients customers and other constituencies.
The companys services consist of the following products delivered on a complete end-to-end or modular basis:
Professional Services: Professional Services includes development and set-up of standard systems; customization of the standard system (features, design, data feeds, and integrated registration among others) and internationalization and localization. Professional Services also include brand strategy and community consulting and design services that provide know-how in developing social networking/community brand definition, Web site design focusing on community architecture, and online community management.
Application Hosting: Application Hosting includes operating applications on its system infrastructure on behalf of its clients. These applications include:
LiveWorld Community Center, which is an integrated social network/online community that includes:
Expressive profiles allow community members to create user profile pages to describe themselves and share information about themselves. Such information can include a screen name, list of interests, photos, an icon or avatar. Profiles can additionally include blogs, photo albums, guest books, favorites lists, and a list of friends in the community (displaying their screen names and photo), with connection links to friends profiles.
Blogs allow users to write and display essays in journal or diary format, and optionally to permit other users to post comments on the essays. Blogs also feature the ability to link to other blogs and web sites.
User videos allow users to upload, display, comment on and share videos.
Message forums allow users to post comments to a web page, followed by other posts from the same and/or other users.
Polls allow a content provider and/or members of an Internet community to publish a simple poll or survey, giving users the opportunity to answer the published questions and providing the poll results.
Community galleries features user content and community calendars for organizing and displaying online and offline events of interest to the community.
Other application hosting services provided by LiveWorld include:
Blogs (on a standalone basis) allow users to write and display essays in journal or diary format, and optionally to permit other users to post comments on the essays. Blogs are also characterized by the ability to link to other blogs and web sites.
User videos (on a standalone basis) allow users to upload, display, comment on and share videos.
Message forums (on a standalone basis) allow users to post comments to a web page, followed by other posts from the same and/or other users.
Groups allow community members to create their own sub-communities, usually with message forum, email list, photo album and other such applications specific to that sub-community.
Chats allows users to text chat with each other in real time.
Live events (interactive webcasts) allow broadcasting of interviews or presentations in real time to attending users, each of whom can submit questions to the presenter and participate in polls.
Community Management Services: Community Management Services includes creative, community programming and client management, services to help design, organize, manage, oversee and evolve the feature, content, and user participation aspects of an online community.
Moderation Services: Moderation services include standard policing, topical and editorial moderation. Moderators are trained personnel that read and view user generated content for adherence to Web site guidelines, and allows moderators to take appropriate action when content violates those guidelines. Such action might include permitting, hiding (or deleting), or escalating to a supervisor such content. Moderation can also involve trained personnel topical discussions, or selecting or editing site content for featured display.
Reporting Services: Reporting services provide clients with metrics and analysis of the online community.
For a majority of its clients the company provides its services through its flagship product, the LiveWorld Community Center, which combines a range of social networking and community services into an integrated branded community. The companys services include working with its clients to develop their basic social networking/community brand definition, their overall site design with an emphasis on the community architecture, development and setup of the social network/community site, ongoing application hosting operations, moderation, community management and reporting.
For other clients, the company provides only the specific modules they request. For some clients the company only provides message forums and for others the company only provides support for live events (interactive webcasts).
The companys customers include A&E Television Networks, Inc.; AOL (UK) Limited; BEA Systems, Inc.; The Campbell Soup; Coca Cola Company; Digitas eBay, Inc.; Expedia, Inc.; Home Box Office, Inc.; Hearst Communications, Inc.; Campaign Hotels.com, L.P.; HSBC Bank PLC; Kraft Foods Global, Inc.; Marriot International, Inc.; Mattel, Inc.; Latin America, Inc.; LeapFrog Enterprises, Inc.; Nuetrogena Corporation; NBA Properties, Inc.; QVC, Inc.; Scientific American, Inc.; Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB; The TJX Companies, Inc.; TV Guide Online, Inc.; and Verizon Wireless, Inc.
LiveWorld, Inc. was founded in 1996.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LIVEWORLD INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LIVEWORLD INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LIVEWORLD INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LIVEWORLD INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LIVEWORLD INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. LiveWorld Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of LiveWorld Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of LiveWorld Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. LiveWorld Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. LiveWorld Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. LIVEWORLD INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LIVEWORLD INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LIVEWORLD INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LIVEWORLD INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LIVEWORLD INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LIVEWORLD INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
LiveWorld Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
LiveWorld Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
LiveWorld Inc. Major Shareholders
LiveWorld Inc. History
LiveWorld Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
LiveWorld Inc. Offices and Representations
LiveWorld Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
LiveWorld Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
LiveWorld Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
LiveWorld Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
LiveWorld Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
LiveWorld Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
LiveWorld Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
LiveWorld Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
LiveWorld Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
LiveWorld Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
LiveWorld Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
LiveWorld Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?