- The report contains detailed information about Sunrise Senior Living Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Sunrise Senior Living Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Sunrise Senior Living Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Sunrise Senior Living Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Sunrise Senior Living Inc. business.
About Sunrise Senior Living Inc.
Sunrise Senior Living, Inc. provides senior living services in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Germany. The company offers a range of personalized senior living services, including independent living, assisted living, care for individuals with Alzheimers and other forms of memory loss, nursing, and rehabilitative care.
As of December 31, 2009, the company operated 384 communities, including 335 communities in the United States, 15 communities in Canada, 27 communities in the United Kingdom, and 7 communities in Germany. Of the 384 communities that the company operated, 20 were wholly owned, 27 were under operating leases, 1 was consolidated as a variable interest entity, 201 were owned in unconsolidated ventures, and 135 were owned by third parties.
Senior Living Services
In select communities, the company offers independent living services, which include housing, meals, transportation, activities and housekeeping, and in some communities, it provides licensed skilled nursing services for residents who require skilled nursing care. The majority of its communities provide assisted living services, which offer basic care and services for seniors who need assistance with some activities of daily living.
Upon a residents move-in to an assisted living community, the company assesses each resident, generally with input from a residents family and physician, and develops an individualized service plan for the resident. This individual service plan includes the selection of resident accommodations and a determination of the appropriate level of care and service for such resident.
The company offers a choice of care levels in its assisted living communities based on the frequency and level of assistance and care that a resident needs or prefers. Majority of its assisted living communities also offer a Reminiscence neighborhood, which provides specially designed accommodations, service, and care to support cognitively impaired residents, including residents with Alzheimers disease.
Basic Assisted Living: The companys basic assisted living program includes assistance with activities of daily living, such as eating, bathing, dressing, personal hygiene, and grooming; three meals per day served in a common dining room; coordination of special diets; emergency call systems in each unit; transportation to stores and community services; assistance with coordination of physician care, physical therapy and other medical services; health promotion and related programs; housekeeping services; and social and recreational activities.
Medication Management: The company also offers assistance with medications to its assisted living residents.
Assisted Living Extended Levels of Care: The company also offers various levels of care for assisted living residents who require frequent or intensive assistance or increased care or supervision.
Reminiscence Care: The companys Reminiscence neighborhoods provide a environment, extra attention, and care programs and services designed to meet the special needs of people with Alzheimers disease and other related memory impairments. Specially trained staff members provide basic care and other specifically designed care and services to these residents in separate areas of its communities.
Independent Living and Skilled Nursing: The company also offers independent living for residents, and in other communities. It also offers skilled nursing care. Independent living offers the privacy and freedom of home combined with the security of on-call assistance and a maintenance-free environment. Skilled nursing care offers a range of rehabilitative therapies to promote the companys residents emotional health and physical well-being.
The company serves the majority of a residents needs with its own staff, some services, such as hospice care, physician care, infusion therapy, physical and speech therapy and other ancillary care services may be provided to residents in its communities by third parties. The companys staff members assist residents in locating qualified providers for such health care services.
In addition to communities it manages, the company manages 201 communities in which it has a minority ownership interest and 135 communities for third-party owners. As of December 31, 2009, the company managed 79 communities for Ventas, Inc. (Ventas), 75 communities for HCP, Inc. (HCP), and 52 communities for a privately owned capital partner.
The company competes with various organizations, such as Brookdale Senior Living, Inc., Assisted Living Concepts, Inc., Capital Senior Living Corp., Emeritus Corp., and Five Star Quality Care, Inc.
Sunrise Senior Living, Inc. was founded in 1981.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SUNRISE SENIOR LIVING INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SUNRISE SENIOR LIVING INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SUNRISE SENIOR LIVING INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SUNRISE SENIOR LIVING INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SUNRISE SENIOR LIVING INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Sunrise Senior Living Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Sunrise Senior Living Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Sunrise Senior Living Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Sunrise Senior Living Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Sunrise Senior Living Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SUNRISE SENIOR LIVING INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SUNRISE SENIOR LIVING INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SUNRISE SENIOR LIVING INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SUNRISE SENIOR LIVING INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SUNRISE SENIOR LIVING INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SUNRISE SENIOR LIVING INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Sunrise Senior Living Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Sunrise Senior Living Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Sunrise Senior Living Inc. Major Shareholders
Sunrise Senior Living Inc. History
Sunrise Senior Living Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Sunrise Senior Living Inc. Offices and Representations
Sunrise Senior Living Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Sunrise Senior Living Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Sunrise Senior Living Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Sunrise Senior Living Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
Sunrise Senior Living Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Sunrise Senior Living Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Sunrise Senior Living Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Sunrise Senior Living Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Sunrise Senior Living Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Sunrise Senior Living Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Sunrise Senior Living Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Sunrise Senior Living Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?