- The report contains detailed information about Brookdale Senior Living Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Brookdale Senior Living Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Brookdale Senior Living Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Brookdale Senior Living Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Brookdale Senior Living Inc. business.
About Brookdale Senior Living Inc.
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. owns and operates senior living communities throughout the United States. The company owns, leases, and operates retirement centers, assisted living and dementia-care communities and continuing care retirement centers (CCRCs). The company, as of December 31, 2009, operated senior living communities in the United States, with 565 communities in 35 states and the ability to serve approximately 53,600 residents.
As of December 31, 2009, the company operated 80 retirement center communities with 14,867 units/beds, 430 assisted living communities with 22,954 units/beds, 36 CCRCs with 12,017 units/beds, and 19 communities with 3,788 units/beds where it provides management services for third parties. The majority of its units/beds are located in campus settings or communities containing multiple services, including CCRCs. As of December 31, 2009, its communities were 88.9% occupied.
The company offers various senior living housing and service alternatives in communities located across the United States. The companys primary product offerings consist of retirement center communities; assisted living communities; and CCRCs.
Retirement centers: The companys retirement center communities are primarily designed for middle to upper income seniors generally age 70 and older who desire an upscale residential environment providing the service.
The majority of its retirement center communities consist of both independent and assisted living units in a single community, which allows residents to age-in-place by providing them with a continuum of senior independent and assisted living services. Its retirement center communities are large multi-story buildings containing on average 184 units/beds with extensive common areas and amenities. Residents may choose from studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom units, depending upon the specific community.
Each retirement center community provides residents with basic services such as meal service, 24-hour emergency response, housekeeping, concierge services, transportation and recreational activities. Most of these communities also offer supplemental care services at an additional charge, which may include medication reminders, check-in services and escort and companion services. In addition, its Innovative Senior Care program is available in most of its retirement centers communities. Through the program, the company is able to offer its residents various education, wellness, therapy, home health and other ancillary services.
In addition to the basic services, its retirement center communities that include assisted living also provide residents with supplemental care service options to provide assistance with ADLs. The levels of care provided to residents vary from community to community depending, among other things, upon the licensing requirements of the state in which the community is located.
Assisted Living: The companys assisted living communities offer housing and 24-hour assistance with ADLs to mid-acuity frail and elderly residents. Its assisted living communities include both freestanding, multi-story communities with approximately 50 beds and smaller, freestanding single story communities with less than 50 beds. Depending upon the specific location, the community may include private studio, one-bedroom and one-bedroom deluxe apartments, or individual rooms for one or two residents in wings or neighborhoods scaled to a single-family home, which includes a living room, dining room, patio or enclosed porch, laundry room and personal care area, as well as a caregiver work station.
Under its Clare Bridge brand, the company also operates 86 memory care communities, which are freestanding assisted living communities specially designed for residents with Alzheimers disease and other dementias requiring the attention, personal care and services needed to help cognitively impaired residents maintain a higher quality of life.
All residents at its assisted living and memory care communities receive the basic care level, which includes ongoing health assessments, three meals per day and snacks, coordination of special d
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BROOKDALE SENIOR LIVING INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BROOKDALE SENIOR LIVING INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BROOKDALE SENIOR LIVING INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BROOKDALE SENIOR LIVING INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BROOKDALE SENIOR LIVING INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Brookdale Senior Living Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Brookdale Senior Living Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Brookdale Senior Living Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Brookdale Senior Living Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Brookdale Senior Living Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. BROOKDALE SENIOR LIVING INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BROOKDALE SENIOR LIVING INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BROOKDALE SENIOR LIVING INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BROOKDALE SENIOR LIVING INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BROOKDALE SENIOR LIVING INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BROOKDALE SENIOR LIVING INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. Major Shareholders
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. History
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. Offices and Representations
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?