- The report contains detailed information about JDA Software Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for JDA Software Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The JDA Software Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes JDA Software Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of JDA Software Group Inc. business.
About JDA Software Group Inc.
JDA Software Group, Inc. provides enterprise software solutions designed to enable planning, optimization, and execution of merchandising and supply chain processes for manufacturers, wholesalers and distributors, and retailers, as well as government and aerospace defense contractors.
The company also provides pricing, yield management, and demand management software solutions for travel, transportation, hospitality, and media organizations.
Retail segment: This segment includes activities related to applications and services sold to retail customers.
Manufacturing and Distribution: This segment includes all activities related to applications and services sold to manufacturing and distribution companies, including process manufacturers, consumer goods manufacturers, life sciences companies, high tech organizations, oil and gas companies, automotive producers and other discrete manufacturers involved with government, aerospace, and defense contracts.
Services Industries: This segment, which is outside of the SCM market, includes all activities related to applications and services sold to customers in service industries, such as travel, transportation, hospitality, media and telecommunications.
Customer Support Solutions: The company offers customer support solutions to help customers optimize their investment in its products. The companys standard maintenance services agreement entitles customers to receive unspecified new product releases, error diagnosis and correction, global phone, email and Internet support, a customer relationship management portal that provides 24/7 self-service for managing and reporting issues, and access to an online user community and searchable solution knowledge-base. In addition, the company has a Platinum offering that includes 24x7 support for critical issues on certain of its products, annual strategic planning meetings, technical and functional health checks, and customized training.
Implementation Services: The companys implementation services group consists of project managers, business consultants, systems analysts and technical personnel with retail, manufacturing, and distribution industry experience. The implementation services group assists its customers in all phases of systems implementation, including program and project management, business process analysis and design, systems planning and design, customer-specific configuration of application modules and on-site implementation or conversion from existing systems. The company also offers various post-implementation services.
Strategic Business Services: The company offers Strategic Business Services that provide strategic consulting and assistance to its customers before, during and after the implementation of technology by aligning and integrating business activities, organizational structure, performance measures, and systems.
Technical Services: The company provides a range of technical services that enable its customers to optimize the interactions between its software solutions and industry standard technologies, including database software, operating systems, middleware, and hardware and networks.
Training Services: The company offers an education and training program for its customers, associates and business partners through its Education Services. Education Services include multimodal process and solution training, role-based certification tracks, benchmarking surveys and services and best practice/business strategy information. Courses are offered at its in-house classroom facilities, and through customized on-site classes. In addition, the company offers JDALearn.com, a Web-based education alternative sold on a subscription basis, which provides online learning in areas such as replenishment and allocation, category management, space and floor planning, and merchandise planning. The company also licenses its training content and provides services to customize the content to fit specific customer needs.
Managed Services: The companys Managed Services includes outsourced operations for information technology, data and application management and hosting; workforce augmentation; management of process and user information; business process execution services including analysis and recommendations; and business optimization services such as network design, demand classification, inventory policy and channel clustering.
Sales and Marketing
As of December 31, 2009, the company had 28 sales and support offices in major cities throughout the Americas, Europe, and Asia/Pacific.
On August 11, 2010, JDA Software Group Inc. and Tata Consultancy Services Limited announced a global alliance designed to help customers drive high performance within their organizations through the delivery of solutions and services.
In November 2010, JDA Software Group Inc. announced the availability of a tool that allows retailers to share their individual store, product and inventory availability as part of Google's local availability feature. Developed in close collaboration with Google, JDA Adaptor is designed to work with JDA Merchandise Management System, a host transaction solution.
The companys competitors include Oracle Corporation (Oracle) and SAP AG.
JDA Software Group, Inc. was founded in 1985.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. JDA SOFTWARE GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. JDA SOFTWARE GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. JDA SOFTWARE GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. JDA SOFTWARE GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. JDA SOFTWARE GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. JDA Software Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of JDA Software Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of JDA Software Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. JDA Software Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. JDA Software Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. JDA SOFTWARE GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. JDA SOFTWARE GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. JDA SOFTWARE GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. JDA SOFTWARE GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. JDA SOFTWARE GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. JDA SOFTWARE GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
JDA Software Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
JDA Software Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
JDA Software Group Inc. Major Shareholders
JDA Software Group Inc. History
JDA Software Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
JDA Software Group Inc. Offices and Representations
JDA Software Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
JDA Software Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
JDA Software Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
JDA Software Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
JDA Software Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
JDA Software Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
JDA Software Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
JDA Software Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
JDA Software Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
JDA Software Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
JDA Software Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
JDA Software Group Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?