- The report contains detailed information about Descartes Systems Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Descartes Systems Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Descartes Systems Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Descartes Systems Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Descartes Systems Group Inc. business.
About Descartes Systems Group Inc.
The Descartes Systems Group Inc. provides federated network and global logistics technology solutions that help its customers make and receive shipments and manage related resources. The companys network-based solutions, which primarily consist of services and software, connect people to their trading partners and enable business document exchange (bookings, bills of lading, status messages); regulatory compliance and customs filing; route and resource planning, execution and monitoring; inventory and asset visibility; rate and transportation management; and warehouse operations.
The companys primary focus is on serving transportation providers (air, ocean and truck modes), logistics service providers, and distribution-intensive companies where delivery is either a key or a defining part of their own product or service offering.
Principal Products & Services
The company provides three main categories of services: Global Logistics Network Services; Consulting, Implementation, and Training Services; and Customer Service and Support and Maintenance.
Global Logistics Network Services
The companys Global Logistics Network is a federated multimodal network of transportation providers and their customers that facilitates the interchange of logistics information and provides value-added services that use that information. The Global Logistics Network helps companies manage their logistics book-to-bill process, track inventory, meet regulatory requirements, optimize fleet performance, manage deliveries, and communicate with their logistics partners. The companys Global Logistics Network services can be principally categorized as: Logistics Messaging Services; Global Trade and Compliance Services; Global Logistics Execution Services; and Domestic Logistics and Mobile Resource Management Services.
Logistics Messaging Services
The Global Logistics Network features multimodal messaging services that enable cargo and freight management by providing electronic services to the cargo industry and to companies who engage in international and domestic transportation activities. The companys Logistics Messaging Services provide a transaction exchange for retailers, suppliers and vendors, plus connectivity services that include trading partner on-boarding programs, data standards and protocol conversion, transportation-specific document compliance, audit and error checking, and archiving. The company has various services that help its customers automate the transportation workflow with their trading partners:
Descartes LogiMan: Descartes LogiMan solution enables cargo management by providing global visibility and statistical monitoring services of air, road and ocean freight shipments. It links the cargo transportation chain from cargo booking to final delivery confirmation.
Descartes CargoAssist: Freight forwarders use Descartes CargoAssist, an electronic forwarding module, to improve freight booking, send electronic waybills and ensure that consignments are handled quickly at freight terminals around the world. The company provides freight forwarders with access to an electronic infrastructure that connects them with their customers and logistics partners.
Descartes Turnaround Documents and Descartes eForms: The companys Turnaround Documents service provides a way to move data from one document into another to reduce data entry time and errors, as well as enable improved visibility to orders as they move through the logistics process. Turnaround Documents collects data from underlying logistics documents in the Global Logistics Network, such as a purchase order, and turns it into an editable webform that lets internal teams, as well as suppliers and buyers populate and respond with the relevant information. Descartes eForms is an email-based forms service for the Global Logistics Network designed to allow transportation carriers and manufacturers to transmit or receive messages.
Descartes Message Quality Monitor: Descartes Message Quality Monitor uses the power of the Global Logistics Network to connect to major airlines and monitor the message flow to and from a back-office system. The company displ
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DESCARTES SYSTEMS GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DESCARTES SYSTEMS GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DESCARTES SYSTEMS GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DESCARTES SYSTEMS GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DESCARTES SYSTEMS GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Descartes Systems Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Descartes Systems Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Descartes Systems Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Descartes Systems Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Descartes Systems Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. DESCARTES SYSTEMS GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DESCARTES SYSTEMS GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DESCARTES SYSTEMS GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DESCARTES SYSTEMS GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DESCARTES SYSTEMS GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DESCARTES SYSTEMS GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Descartes Systems Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Descartes Systems Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Descartes Systems Group Inc. Major Shareholders
Descartes Systems Group Inc. History
Descartes Systems Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Descartes Systems Group Inc. Offices and Representations
Descartes Systems Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Descartes Systems Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Descartes Systems Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Descartes Systems Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Descartes Systems Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Descartes Systems Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Descartes Systems Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Descartes Systems Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Descartes Systems Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Descartes Systems Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Descartes Systems Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Descartes Systems Group Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?